All of the most common options for getting to the Lodge from the Fort have been mentioned above.  I'll just say that taking the bus from the Settlement bus stop seems to be the fastest, if speed is of interest to you.  Furthermore, I believe the Yellow internal Fort bus route is the bus that continues on to the Lodge after stopping at the Settlement (but someone correct me if I'm wrong).  Boat is second fastest, unless you have bikes then that's a very quick ride, and there are bike racks at the Lodge for parking/securing them while you explore.  

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

Furthermore, I believe the Yellow internal Fort bus route is the bus that continues on to the Lodge after stopping at the Settlement (but someone correct me if I'm wrong).

You are correct.  When the Settlement Yellow bus arrives at the Settlement Bus Stop, the marquee switches to Wilderness Lodge, and the bus continues on to the Lodge. Conversely, when you take the Fort Wilderness bus back from the Lodge, the marquee changes to Outpost Yellow when it arrives at the Settlement Bus Stop, and the bus then continues along the Yellow route to the Outpost. In addition to the speed advantage, the bus is also a better option in bad weather, as there is a covered walkway from the WL bus stop to the hotel, while the walkway from the dock is out in the open.

An option to consider is to visit the Lodge on a way to or from a park. Both Geyser Point and Roaring Fork are nice quick serve restaurants, and it's easy to get back to the Fort, or continue on to a park from there.

TCD