I normally don't post things like this but the Dave in me is coming out. We are sitting here at trails end and there are 2 snowflakes at the table beside of us. We have been here about 20 minutes and these 2 girls have been complaining about the tater tots being called hashbrowns and it is offensive. Now this isn't just a 30 second discussion, this has been going on for 20 minutes. They keep talking about how they are vegan and vegans know how to properly identify potatoes. The best part is they are both munching down on some bacon and dipping those hashbrowns in the sausage gravy while the Mickey waffles suck up the blueberry syrup.

What has our society come to?

1f24e31e9665f6a4cd39fa63b568a0cb.jpg

30 minutes ago, rtguy007 said:

I normally don't post things like this but the Dave in me is coming out. We are sitting here at trails end and there are 2 snowflakes at the table beside of us. We have been here about 20 minutes and these 2 girls have been complaining about the tater tots being called hashbrowns and it is offensive. Now this isn't just a 30 second discussion, this has been going on for 20 minutes. They keep talking about how they are vegan and vegans know how to properly identify potatoes. The best part is they are both munching down on some bacon and dipping those hashbrowns in the sausage gravy while the Mickey waffles suck up the blueberry syrup.

What has our society come to?

1f24e31e9665f6a4cd39fa63b568a0cb.jpg

So they are selective Vegans, only when it suits them.

I have a hard time when people bitch about the Disney menus because they are.... pick an issue, vegan, gluten, etc... and there is nothing for them to eat.

Time and time again I have seen posts where Disney chefs bent over backwards to accommodate dietary issues

18 minutes ago, keith_h said:

Are you sure you didn't misconstrue what they were saying? They must have been talking about how the hog that provided the bacon and sausage was a vegan.

Thats probably true. My wife was saying that they probably would crap a brick if they knew the potatoes were not 100% organic, not shredded and processed in a factory powered by sunshine and rainbows, deep fried in some of the best lard Crisco has to offer, and not served up on some of the finest recycled paper plates comprised of paper from the bottom of the Chicago landfill right beside of Jimmy Hoffas body.

Snowflakes......

1 hour ago, rtguy007 said:

powered by sunshine and rainbows

While rainbows are carbon neutral I much prefer unicorns for their reliability.

56 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wait. They're serving tater tots at Trail's End?  

TCD 

They were on the line when we ate breakfast there the morning we left.

47 minutes ago, keith_h said:

While rainbows are carbon neutral I much prefer unicorns for their reliability.

They were on the line when we ate breakfast there the morning we left.

Tater Tots are not breakfast food!

Raw fries, fried potatoes, hash browns, or hash brown patties are.

Maybe the delivery truck didn't arrive in time with the frozen hash browns

2 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

Thats probably true. My wife was saying that they probably would crap a brick if they knew the potatoes were not 100% organic, not shredded and processed in a factory powered by sunshine and rainbows, deep fried in some of the best lard Crisco has to offer, and not served up on some of the finest recycled paper plates comprised of paper from the bottom of the Chicago landfill right beside of Jimmy Hoffas body.

Wait.. they're not?!!

Man... way to burst, my bubble. 

6 hours ago, Travisma said:

Tater Tots are not breakfast food!

We were there for brunch. Not only was there Tater Tots but mashed potatoes, gravy and fried chicken. All of which made it onto my plate in one trip or another. However it was the smoked slab bacon at the carving station that made it onto each plate. It's only once a year and my doctor wasn't around to see so what the heck, right?

6 minutes ago, keith_h said:

We were there for brunch. Not only was there Tater Tots but mashed potatoes, gravy and fried chicken. All of which made it onto my plate in one trip or another. However it was the smoked slab bacon at the carving station that made it onto each plate. It's only once a year and my doctor wasn't around to see so what the heck, right?

The bacon is good from the carving station but the turkey I usually eat 4-5 slices of. I prefer the brunch over the daily breakfast. They are both good but the brunch is better.

Although it just dawned on me that the snowflakes may be out because it has been cold the past few nights. Once it warmed up they left.

20 hours ago, shaffecv said:

One of my favorites was several years ago at Cape May Cafe. Chef comes out to the table next to us and the woman tells him she has seafood allergies.

WHY, WHY, WHY !!! 

Personally if my wife had seafood allergies I think we would just skip that eatery.

I’m allergic to shellfish but my wife loves it. We’ve eaten at Cape May and I’ve always found tons of great food I can eat. And I’ve never had to call the chef to our table. 

9 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I’m allergic to shellfish but my wife loves it. We’ve eaten at Cape May and I’ve always found tons of great food I can eat. And I’ve never had to call the chef to our table. 

Nobody I've ever dined with has had seafood allergies. But I always thought there was a good selection at Cape May for others to enjoy. 

But like the two mentioned by the OP, some people are what my wife calls the "needy" guests that always need that little extra attention from their server.

I have a friend with a true gluten allergy (celiac disease) we have never had problems finding things for her to eat and actually she loves Disney for how accommodating they are. We always tell them of her allergy and a chef has always come out to speak with her. We have had them ask if it was an allergy or a diet choice. I'm assuming that's so they can be more careful about cooking in oil or preparing the food in something the may have contained gluten. So far she's never had a problem with anything from Disney. 

I do wonder how many times the chefs get called out by people on the new fad diet or what not who don't have legitimate allergies to things. I know there are certain things that I just can't eat and even the taste of them will ruin a meal for me, I read the menu and if I'm unsure I will ask if it has them in it. But never list them as an allergy or ask to speak to the chef. 

32 minutes ago, shaffecv said:

Nobody I've ever dined with has had seafood allergies. But I always thought there was a good selection at Cape May for others to enjoy. 

But like the two mentioned by the OP, some people are what my wife calls the "needy" guests that always need that little extra attention from their server.

I was in the restaurant business for years. We had a different name for those type of people...PITAs

lol! 

1 minute ago, Travisma said:

Not offensive, but I've never really seen them on a breakfast menu.

Lunch, dinner and snacking are another thing all together.

They're popping up everywhere at all times of the day around here lately. 

More often than not we bring them camping for breakfast because it's super easy to dump a few out on the griddle... or a bagful.