So last week we took delivery of our new Grand Design Reflections 28BH.  During our final inspection the "delivery expert" was showing us the hot water heater and how to maintain it.  Its an atwood 6gal gas electric unit.  

This is where my wife spoke up.  "6 GALLONS... BRIAN IS THAT GOING TO BE ENOUGH!!!??!?!?!"

So our current 5er has a 12 gal suburban gas only water heater, and my wife being who she is likes to take long, hot showers.  I not going to lie, when looking at the camper I was very concerned at the size of the hot water heater.  I did some research on tankless (on demand) hot water heaters.  Looks like Atwood use to make one.. maybe... and Suburban makes one that has very mixed reviews.  When reading over the reviews most of them could be install issues, or just not understanding how to use a on demand water heater, as the usage is quite different.

My questions are these..

1) Is a 6gal gas / electric enough for the demands of a long hot shower?  Now long of a shower?

2) Any experance with on demand hot water heater in your camper? Whats the good, the bad?