WBI went on a cruise and all you get is a video report!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well technically eight videos... That's right, I'm not going to write up a traditional trip report, but I have been creating some videos from each day of our December Disney Cruise so I thought I

Hey it worked that time! WBI

Thank you! I did book one, but it's just a placeholder, not an actual cruise. We don't have one scheduled yet. WBI

5 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Thanks, that's how we roll!  Don't you always say you'll sleep at home? 

WBI

Absolutely!

BTW I thought of a question- does the Wonder have on demand Disney movies in the cabins like the Dream and Fantasy?  It didn't on our previous cruises, but I figure they must have upgraded the TV's by now. 

TCD

31 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Absolutely!

BTW I thought of a question- does the Wonder have on demand Disney movies in the cabins like the Dream and Fantasy?  It didn't on our previous cruises, but I figure they must have upgraded the TV's by now. 

TCD

I was trying to recall the answer to that question based on my Wonder cruise, and it occurred to me that I don't believe we ever turned on the TV.  

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Absolutely!

TCD

Great question!  They did not have it when we sailed!  I was shocked by that, I figured with the last renovations done in 2016 they would have added that.  It really sucked with kids, it comes in handy when getting ready or in the mornings, we kept catching movies in the same spot every time we turned it on. On the Fantasy it was nice to be able to turn on Mickey Mouse Club house in the mornings.  

I actually just saw a couple days ago that the Magic is just out of a refurb and it was big news that they added on-demand to their TVs.  So now the Wonder is the only one without on-demand.

On another note, for the Christmas cruise they showed White Christmas, Elf, and something else continuously.  I was happy about that but I would of expected the Santa Claus movies also or some other Disney Christmas movies.

WBI

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I was trying to recall the answer to that question based on my Wonder cruise, and it occurred to me that I don't believe we ever turned on the TV.  

We get it- you're an intellectual. 

24 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Great question!  They did not have it when we sailed!  I was shocked by that, I figured with the last renovations done in 2016 they would have added that.  It really sucked with kids, it comes in handy when getting ready or in the mornings, we kept catching movies in the same spot every time we turned it on. On the Fantasy it was nice to be able to turn on Mickey Mouse Club house in the mornings.  

I actually just saw a couple days ago that the Magic is just out of a refurb and it was big news that they added on-demand to their TVs.  So now the Wonder is the only one without on-demand.

On another note, for the Christmas cruise they showed White Christmas, Elf, and something else continuously.  I was happy about that but I would of expected the Santa Claus movies also or some other Disney Christmas movies.

WBI

Thanks for answering. I'll have to break the bad news to the twins that they're going to have to wait some more to see the end of The Great Mouse Detective. 

TCD 

3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for answering. I'll have to break the bad news to the twins that they're going to have to wait some more to see the end of The Great Mouse Detective. 

TCD 

Haha that's an old one!   I tried to make Mrs. WBI watch that once on Netflix but she couldn't do it, it's not as great as I had remembered.  It looks like they missed it though it was pulled from Netflix back in 2016.  But they could rent it online for $2.99, that's cheaper than booking another cruise.

WBI

2 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Haha that's an old one!   I tried to make Mrs. WBI watch that once on Netflix but she couldn't do it, it's not as great as I had remembered.  It looks like they missed it though it was pulled from Netflix back in 2016.  But they could rent it online for $2.99, that's cheaper than booking another cruise.

WBI

The Great Mouse Detective is an inside joke. On our last cruise the twins watched stuff like that while their older sister was trying to sleep. I'm pretty sure they don't care to see the end of it. 

TCD 

2 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I was going to say wasn't that your cruise without kids. TV watching was probably the last thing on your mind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ain't that the truth.    Who had time for tv with all the drinking, eating, sleeping, swimming, sitting and staring at the ocean.... am I forgetting something? 

Ain't that the truth.    Who had time for tv with all the drinking, eating, sleeping, swimming, sitting and staring at the ocean.... am I forgetting something? 

I'm not sure. All I know is you didn't tell us about INC bringing back any little souvenir.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On 3/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, WannaBeImagineer said:

Oh if you are at the back of the ship the secret staircase to Cabana's is still there.  We always got some funny looks when we popped up on that one.

My reservation for the upcoming Wonder cruise was a "Guarantee" reservation, and we just found out that we will be on Deck 5, aft. I like the location. I know that I once took those secret stars all the way down to Animator's Palate on Deck 4, but I may have gone past a crew member only sign on the way down the stairs. Since the twins work for Disney, I am on strict orders to follow the rules. So, do you know how far guests are allowed to go on the secret staircase?

TCD 

28 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

My reservation for the upcoming Wonder cruise was a "Guarantee" reservation, and we just found out that we will be on Deck 5, aft. I like the location. I know that I once took those secret stars all the way down to Animator's Palate on Deck 4, but I may have gone past a crew member only sign on the way down the stairs. Since the twins work for Disney, I am on strict orders to follow the rules. So, do you know how far guests are allowed to go on the secret staircase?

TCD 

We were on 5 aft, I just looked back and our room numbers were 5633 and 5635. I really liked it. Few rooms on the hallway so not a lot of traffic, and I liked being near the theater.  And near the theater bathrooms when the stateroom bathroom was occupied. I remember using the secret stairs but sorry can't remember how far I went on it.  Plus that was 3 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD 

I was going to say Deck 6, but now that I think about it W and I took them all the way down to Animator's palate for the muster drill, but I think you're right we went took the emergency route since it was the muster.  All I can say is for sure deck 6.

32 minutes ago, Seals said:

We were on 5 aft, I just looked back and our room numbers were 5633 and 5635. I really liked it. Few rooms on the hallway so not a lot of traffic, and I liked being near the theater.  And near the theater bathrooms when the stateroom bathroom was occupied. I remember using the secret stairs but sorry can't remember how far I went on it.  Plus that was 3 years ago. 

It sounds like Deck 5 was accessible then?

7 hours ago, Seals said:

Good to hear. I think the location looks good too. Did you use the secret staircase from Deck 5?

7 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

I was going to say Deck 6, but now that I think about it W and I took them all the way down to Animator's palate for the muster drill, but I think you're right we went took the emergency route since it was the muster.  All I can say is for sure deck 6.

If they went to Deck 6, I'll bet they go to 5 too. Not a big deal, but I remember liking popping out in the buffet restaurant (which was called Beach Blanket Bingo back then).

TCD 

On 3/16/2018 at 10:01 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Good to hear. I think the location looks good too. Did you use the secret staircase from Deck 5?

I think so but I'm not 100% sure. I wandered all over the ship on that trip and it was 3 years ago. I do remember popping out in the buffet also, and I doubt I went up to 6 and then back up the hallway so it was probably from 5.

Time for an update!

I just posted Day 6 of our Disney Cruise.

Today we went to Key West, where I took to W to some historic sites, like Captain Tony's, Hog's Breath, and Sloppy Joe's where he had a custom drink at the bar!

The rest of the day we tried to enjoy the ship as much as we could.

W got to get up on the main stage for his Oceaneer Club performance and did great, better than he did at his own school recital a week earlier.

All in all it was a great day!

WBI

Who I had to go back and edit that post, I said it was our last full day but that's not true, we had one more sea day left.

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Nice jammies. 

TCD 

Thanks, we have to do that every year.  EVERY. YEAR.  Even though people usually don't see us in them at all.  This year I talked her into at least using the ones from the year before.

By the way I just edited my previous post, I messed up and said it was our last full day but that's not true, we have a sea day up next.

WBI

24 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I like how all the historic sites are bars. I saw Irish Kevin's in the video. I've had some memorable times there. 

TCD 

You know it.  Yeah same here with Irish Kevin's, I had lots of good times there singing along to the guitar man.

Back in the ole days, we started a tradition of driving down to Key West the weekend before Lisa's school year started up.  We'd wake up super early and drive down.  We would always have a breakfast beer at Hogs Breath, some of my favorite memories were how happy and excited we were to get to that little outdoor bar and have a mini one night vacation.  We tried to do that this trip but for some reason they bartender wasn't ready so we moved it to Sloppy Joes!

WBI

Here it is the last video from our Disney Wonder Cruise.

It was a quick morning, we opted to skip on the main dining room and instead went to the buffet for a leisure early breakfast, then back to our room to enjoy our balcony one last time.

The atrium was crowded but we slowly made our way off the ship.

Once off the ship the baggage area was huge and we had no problem getting help with our bags, then we cruised through customs where they were literally just hanging out talking not checking anyone.  Then I decided W and I would go get the trusty SUV so we didn't have to deal with putting our bags on the shuttle.  We soon found the long shuttle line, but we also overhead someone asking about walking so we opted to walk to the parking lot.  It was real easy, except for W throwing a fit that he wanted to ride in the shuttle.

Before long we were loaded up and headed east, including another stop at Buc-ee's for snacks.  

WBI

Great job on the final videos!

And really good job on the List of Fun. 

I was looking to see if you got #32 done- eating a Mickey pretzel. I know they have those on some ships, but I've never seen them out either. 

And no Mickey ice cream bars? I will have at least one per day on my cruise. 

It looks like you had great weather, and I really like that itinerary.  Thanks for taking the time to make and post the videos!

TCD