Has anyone seen one of these contraptions yet?

Just now, dblr....Rennie said:

They kind of remind me of the folding wagons you can buy at camping stores. they just added the roof and a way to push it. 

And gave it a cutesy name and had mommy bloggers start to rave about it.

The SUV size double strollers are bad enough, now you'll be getting mowed down by these behemoths!

My wagon from Sams is similar, and it folds kind of easily.

But that's without the roof and the front bag, cushions, drinks, 32 assorted toys and 2 Mickey Ear hats jamming up the folding process while they are holding up the bus loading line.

And they don't have to have it folded before the bus arrives because they are special.  It's their right to make everyone else wait.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

And gave it a cutesy name and had mommy bloggers start to rave about it.

The SUV size double strollers are bad enough, now you'll be getting mowed down by these behemoths!

My wagon from Sams is similar, and it folds kind of easily.

But that's without the roof and the front bag, cushions, drinks, 32 assorted toys and 2 Mickey Ear hats jamming up the folding process while they are holding up the bus loading line.

And they don't have to have it folded before the bus arrives because they are special.  It's their right to make everyone else wait.

I couldn't have said it better myself, sir.

Nothing better than waiting in line with an open bus door in front of you. And watching people in front of you try to fold a stroller and realizing after 4 attempts it's not going to fold with 2 backpacks and a full size Coleman cooler inside of it.

And then clogging the NO BAGS security entrance at the parks because, and I quote

"That's not a bag it's a storage compartment on the stroller". 

3 minutes ago, shaffecv said:

I couldn't have said it better myself, sir.

Nothing better than waiting in line with an open bus door in front of you. And watching people in front of you try to fold a stroller and realizing after 4 attempts it's not going to fold with 2 backpacks and a full size Coleman cooler inside of it.

And then clogging the NO BAGS security entrance at the parks because, and I quote

"That's not a bag it's a storage compartment on the stroller". 

I remember when we had our first daughter and were thrilled to purchase our first umbrella stroller.  It was a Levi's model. 

It was so light, convenient, easy to fold and maneuver.

We used that until the rear wheels wore out the holes in the rear tubes, then I pulled the wheels out, drove dowels into the tubes, drilled new holes and put the wheels back on!

From a dad standpoint, the only thing I didn't like, the wheels were too small for off-roading!

1 minute ago, Travisma said:

I remember when we had our first daughter and were thrilled to purchase our first umbrella stroller.  It was a Levi's model. 

It was so light, convenient, easy to fold and maneuver.

We used that until the rear wheels wore out the holes in the rear tubes, then I pulled the wheels out, drove dowels into the tubes, drilled new holes and put the wheels back on!

From a dad standpoint, the only thing I didn't like, the wheels were too small for off-roading!

That's all we ever took along to Disney when our boys were little.

And it fit inside of a carry bag for a folding camp chair, so it was easy to check with our luggage when we flew.

A new gripe I had this past trip and it's a legit safety concern. At the Yacht Club people leave their scooters and double wide strollers parked in the hallways at night so as not to take up any of their precious space in the room.

I'm sure the fire Marshal wouldn't be too impressed.

1 minute ago, shaffecv said:

That's all we ever took along to Disney when our boys were little.

And it fit inside of a carry bag for a folding camp chair, so it was easy to check with our luggage when we flew.

A new gripe I had this past trip and it's a legit safety concern. At the Yacht Club people leave their scooters and double wide strollers parked in the hallways at night so as not to take up any of their precious space in the room.

I'm sure the fire Marshal wouldn't be too impressed.

They need to bring some the parks stroller wranglers over to the resorts and go hide them!

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

They need to bring some the parks stroller wranglers over to the resorts and go hide them!

My youngest (15) was with us this trip.

We thought it would be fun to collect them at night and park them on the beach next to the pirate ship.

Mom wasn't on board... Something about petty theft and bail money.

20 minutes ago, shaffecv said:

My youngest (15) was with us this trip.

We thought it would be fun to collect them at night and park them on the beach next to the pirate ship.

Mom wasn't on board... Something about petty theft and bail money.

Is it theft if you are simply removing abandoned property to a centralized location?  

Since this is the type of thing that fascinates me, I read the website and the manual. Love the number of times the words  accessories  and  elite   are used. Those must be proven parent buzzwords. Teal costs $50 more than gray, black or purple. That's obviously a mistake since purple is definitely the premium color of those four. What I was looking for was a picture of a child actually seated in it shown from overhead. I'm guessing the child has to sit, in the harness, with his legs stretched out in front of him. Not hanging like in a stroller. I'm guessing few children want to sit like that for very long.  But the instructions say a child should be harnessed when in the "stroller" and should not stand up -- so ignore the photo on the web page of a child obviously standing in the wagon. The instructions also say maximum of 45 pounds per child and 110 overall, no more than 2 children. Then the video shows a girl who I'm pretty certain is more than 45 pounds climbing in and strapping herself in as her mother tells us how wonderful the product is.  

The only time I took a stroller to WDW it was a double umbrella stroller for my almost 3 yr old twins and 5 year old. They rotated sitting in it. That was an awesome stroller and easy to fold.

Just got back from WDW and those strollers were everywhere. But they didn't seem to be causing any problems. Unlike the double wide jogger stroller that almost took me out as the dad jogged down main street. Single jogger fine double jogger bad, no good.

8 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Just got back from WDW and those strollers were everywhere. But they didn't seem to be causing any problems. Unlike the double wide jogger stroller that almost took me out as the dad jogged down main street. Single jogger fine double jogger bad, no good.

Reserve judgement until you are behind them as they attempt to get one onto a tram or bus.

26 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Oh my gosh...that's so bad :lol::lol:

There was a big gap between the times my kids had strollers at the parks (and we started visiting the parks again) and when we visited again with grand kids in strollers.

When we went with our kids there weren't 1000 strollers in one area, and where you left your stroller (out of the way of course) was where it was when you came back.

The first time I couldn't find my grand kids stroller after leaving it in the designated spot I freaked out.  Finally found it about 10 rows back from where I left it.

From then on it had a colored rag tied to the handle!

5 hours ago, Travisma said:

There was a big gap between the times my kids had strollers at the parks (and we started visiting the parks again) and when we visited again with grand kids in strollers.

When we went with our kids there weren't 1000 strollers in one area, and where you left your stroller (out of the way of course) was where it was when you came back.

The first time I couldn't find my grand kids stroller after leaving it in the designated spot I freaked out.  Finally found it about 10 rows back from where I left it.

From then on it had a colored rag tied to the handle!

Yeah... Disney and their musical strollers, is a bit "interesting".  One time, we got some extra FPs because a CM had moved our stroller to a completely different parking area (no where near the parking area that we left it in).  I guess the CM was new and didn't get the concept of the "musical strollers".  Can't say I blame him... I don't really get it, either :mellow:

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yeah... Disney and their musical strollers, is a bit "interesting".  One time, we got some extra FPs because a CM had moved our stroller to a completely different parking area (no where near the parking area that we left it in).  I guess the CM was new and didn't get the concept of the "musical strollers".  Can't say I blame him... I don't really get it, either :mellow:

Before the Great Movie Ride shut down. Somebody turned the flower bed sprinklers on right in front of the theatre. A couple hundred strollers were soaking wet.

That'll teach ya to park in an unapproved spot.