What the HE double hockey sticks are they thinking!!!!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reaction online every time Disney increases costs or implements new fees is predictable.  Outrage, and proclamations of "I'm done!  I'm spending my vacation dollars elsewhere!".  I've done it myse

OK, I just figured out how to pay much "less" for your parking if you are driving into Disney, and it will work for any resort. PLUS, it will give you the pleasure of costing Disney money, instead of

I remember when value season at resorts used to be almost all year other than summer, Easter and Christmas. When the dern rate schedules started having 20 categories and only about 6 weeks of values r

New Orleans hotels charge a premium for parking most over $40 per night, but so do most city hotels.  DisneyWorld has plenty of surface parking lots, there's not a shortage of parking.  I've always been against hotels charging for self parking and resort fees.  I totally get why they do it, and how they get away with it but I don't have to like it.

This sucks.

WBI

18 minutes ago, keith_h said:

Based on what I've seen for US Census statistics the top 25% would have annual household incomes start around $100K. Top 30% around $90K. The median about $59K. That will vary some as to where you live. In my  area the median income is around $71K base on 2016 numbers so our top 25% will likely be somewhat higher than the national range.

I'm sorry you don't care for my statement but these are exactly types of conversations that we would have internally when discussing how to design our software products to help our customers tap into this demographic. Our customers were having these same discussions as well and using the same terms. Pricing of fees is very much done with the mindset that they have to be an innocuous amount such that they aren't really noticed when the statement comes out. I might have been a bit course in the way I worded it but when you're looking at a $200/night or more then adding in the taxes and other trip costs that $13-$25 parking won't be noticeable. While I don't like fees, I don't think anyone wants to pay more, I accept them as normal part of doing business. As an investor I expect companies to find ways to increase revenue and fees are one of those means to do it. By the way to me $25/day is a drop in the bucket when included with all of the other costs. I've paid more for hotel parking in some of the large cities we've traveled to with similar rack rates to WDW.  

1.  I believe my numbers are for individuals not households.  Like your quoting. 

2.  I find it interesting  that your company sits around and bad mouths “rich” people. 

3.   I hope one day to be as well off as you, so $25 will be just a drop in the bucket for me. 

I will say it again. I agreed with everything you said up until you brought in class war fare.    

I don’t wish to quarrel so I’ll end my part of the conversation now.   But please feel free to continue. 

19 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

New Orleans hotels charge a premium for parking most over $40 per night, but so do most city hotels.  DisneyWorld has plenty of surface parking lots, there's not a shortage of parking.  I've always been against hotels charging for self parking and resort fees.  I totally get why they do it, and how they get away with it but I don't have to like it.

This sucks.

WBI

Agree x2

5 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

We spend a lot of time up in the Adirondacks, it's so nice up there. Let me know when you're getting close and I can give you some recommendations for things to do in the area.

Oh that’s good to know! We are going mid July and booked a house in Saranac Lake for the week. So far my to do list is gondola ride on little Whiteface Mountain, Veterans Memorial Highway to the top, all the Olympic spots (including bobsled ride for husband and son), The Wild Center and the public Observatory in Tupper Lake and High falls Gorge. On the drive up we are planning on spot at Orange County Choppers for a tour, lunch and bowling. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

12 yrs ago when our daughter lived in Chicago her 2nd child was born and we went to visit. The Hospital in downtown was charging $16.00 an hour for parking.....  :angry:

When Squish was in Children’s hospital in Philly we had to pay for parking at the hospital. I can’t complain too much because my co pay was less than our parking 😂

That's the one thing I dislike about cruises is the amount they charge to park at the ports. 

I don't like places that add on all kinds of fees. I don't want to have to read through all the fine print to find out how much it's going to cost me. Just give me the total and I'll know that anything I charge to my room will be extra.  I've seen places around here charge resort fees, parking, and cleaning fees and by the time you check out your bill is the same if not more than another nights stay. Its the same way at some campgrounds too having to pay for wifi, or one place near here charges 5.00 extra a night if you're going to run your AC or heater, it's Florida there's maybe a hand full of days that people aren't going to run one or the other. 

This is just a money grab by Disney, it's not like they have a shortage of parking at most of the resorts. Maybe the resorts around the MK do? 

It just doesn't stop, and It's not just Disney.

Companies know that if one person doesn't want to pay for (full in the blank) someone else will be willing.

I went to buy concert tickets.  The tickets were $14 so $84 for 6.  When I went to check out, the total was $192. That is pure greed.

I passed, and 3 days later they showed up on Groupon for $20 fees included.

Yes investment good returns, but there is making money and there is just plain greed.

13 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

12 yrs ago when our daughter lived in Chicago her 2nd child was born and we went to visit. The Hospital in downtown was charging $16.00 an hour for parking.....  :angry:

See... this one really irritates me.   Except in your case, where there trip was a blessing... most of the time you're at the hospital for a bad reason and you're already paying hundreds, if not thousands, to be there or to visit someone who is there.   

I don't know.  That one has always upset me.  Don't get me wrong, fees in general are super frustrating, but this one is just ugly.  In my opinion.

Regarding parking fees this year was a first for us we ended up paying to park at a ski resort in Co. It was at Copper Mt. if we had a Subaru you could park for free in the paid lots, if you didn't want tp pay they did have free lots but far away, long line to get there and you had to use the shuttle bus to get to the base area, then a lift ticket cost well over $150 a day with your own equipment. We were lucky and had free days because of our season pass at Taos. Think Disney is expensive start skiing and you will not complain as much. Fee ranged from $16 and up depending how close you were to the base.

On the topic of extra fees I went online yesterday to see what kind of discount tickets we could get for our summer travel thru my UPS benefits and did find some nice offers until I went to check out and they hit you with the fees for process and handling and delivery some almost would wipe out the savings.

19 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

... with all of the new attractions opening I don't see a demand issue in the future.

This ^

15 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

And this. ^

We stayed at a hotel in Salt Lake City.  They charged for parking, but it was because they had to pay the city for spaces in the city parking garage.

I can see a downtown core hotel charging, because like others have said, they don't own enough property to have parking lots.

But there is no excuse for Disney or other suburban type hotels with huge open lots or parking garages to charge other than "they can".

And if you don't like it go somewhere else... oh wait, we've colluded with all of the neighboring hotels and we all agreed to charge for parking and resort fees so there...!

14 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

So in an interesting twist I am chalking up to glitch till I hear otherwise. The parking fees have disappeared from the website. 

Again there has been no official word so I am banking on an old version coming up right now. 

3/15/18, the day the FF web site reversed a new Disney policy......or maybe just a computer glitch!

It’s allnover the place. The TA site still shows them. The parking site has had them coming and going. The individual resorts have had a parking fee listed, and reports are CMs at the resorts haven’t been informed at all. Have we started a pool yet?