What the HE double hockey sticks are they thinking!!!!!

Maybe it's just a rumor?

http://www.chipandco.com/walt-disney-world-resorts-will-start-charging-for-overnight-parking-301676/

Walt Disney World Resorts Will Start Charging For Overnight Parking

Big changes being announced from Disney this morning! A new policy will go into effect starting March 21st that will require guests to pay for overnight parking at all Walt Disney World Resorts. This is a change for all reservations booked March 21st moving forward.

Here are the new fees:

• Deluxe Resorts: $25/night
  • Moderate Resorts: $19/night
  • Value Resorts: $13/night

These fees are only for overnight guests staying at the resorts. This will not affect guests visiting other resorts for dining, shopping, etc.

Well, that was a big perk for staying on property, since most of the outside hotels are either charging a parking fee, resort fee, or both.

Personally, I think they just shot themselves in the foot and this just might be the straw that broke the camels back.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reaction online every time Disney increases costs or implements new fees is predictable.  Outrage, and proclamations of "I'm done!  I'm spending my vacation dollars elsewhere!".  I've done it myse

OK, I just figured out how to pay much "less" for your parking if you are driving into Disney, and it will work for any resort. PLUS, it will give you the pleasure of costing Disney money, instead of

I remember when value season at resorts used to be almost all year other than summer, Easter and Christmas. When the dern rate schedules started having 20 categories and only about 6 weeks of values r

LOL, you know what they're thinking (if it turns out to be true): $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

One thing that puzzles me is how are they going to differentiate between visitors/dining guests, and overnight stays?

Are they going to go thru the lots at a certain time and look for some sort of overnight parking permit, and if there isn't one the car gets towed or booted?

Or are they going to charge everyone for parking and you get it refunded when you drive out the same day or show a receipt for dinner or merchandise?

So how does this affect the Fort? Does a motorhome sitting at your site require a parking fee? Do you get a double whammy with a toad? How about the tow vehicle at your site, or are only charged if you are in overflow? What about trailers and tow dollies in overflow?

Usually, at hotels that charge for parking, they add the charge to your hotel bill when you check in.  You get a permit.  My guess is they will check overnite to see if there are cars without the permit in the lots and add a warning, and then tow if it continues.

1 minute ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

So how does this affect the Fort? Does a motorhome sitting at your site require a parking fee? Do you get a double whammy with a toad? How about the tow vehicle at your site, or are only charged if you are in overflow? What about trailers and tow dollies in overflow?

My wife and I were just talking about this.  Will they charge for vehicles at the cabins?  I can see them charging for anything parked in overflow.  I can't imagine they would charge for tow vehicles or an vehicles at the campsite.  If they do, I'll be cancelling all 6 reservations I have for this year.

Was hoping this was just a rumour when I first saw this but looks like the more reputable sights ate running reporting this now. It looks like the only exemption mentioned at the moment is for DVC members which makes sense given how much Disney seems to be pushing DVC.

FW hasn't been mentioned so far, would vehicles parked at sites be exempt?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Listen, I'm not excited to pay more.  But when the higher end competition in the area already gets away with charging for overnight parking as well a daily Resort Fee to cover wifi, bottled water, outdoor movies, etc...the Mouse would be stupid not to try.  

Anyone that didn't see this coming has their head buried in the pixie dust.  

As DIT said, it's amazing that it took them so long to implement this. They charge for parking at the Disneyland hotels. In order to capture all of the fees, they are probably going to have to do what Disneyland does- have parking lot attendants who physically let guests in and out of the lots and check for a paid parking receipt. 

This blows. 

TCD 

Well if they only charge for parking in the overflow lot you are going to see campsites so crammed with extra cars and trailers.  Not to mention the guest PO'ed that their site is not long enough to hold their big rig and TV.  

As far as offsite resorts doing charging for parking resort fees.  They don't have sky high rack rates like Disney.  

2 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Well if they only charge for parking in the overflow lot you are going to see campsites so crammed with extra cars and trailers.  Not to mention the guest PO'ed that their site is not long enough to hold their big rig and TV.  

As far as offsite resorts doing charging for parking resort fees.  They don't have sky high rack rates like Disney.  

And lots of times you get a "free" breakfast, a bus to the parks, and sometimes even a happy hour.

Confirmed in my emails from Disney  Fort guests get one spot complimentary  

Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking:
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney WorldResort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required. 

Disney Vacation Club:
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests:
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

3 minutes ago, slices said:

That says campsite and doesn't mention the cabins, badly worded or do you pay to park at the cabins despite them having their own parking space?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I suspect they will get one free as well. That is not official though. If I can get an answer I will be sure to share it. 

What's odd to me is this doesn't stop people from saying they are going to eat at a resort and then hopping a bus or monorail to a park, giving them free park parking.

I would have guessed they would try to stop that, but then again that takes effort, tacking on a fee to a room reservation is easy.

So if you're a passholder...do they do anything if you leave your vehicle in the theme park parking lots over night?  

WBI

So that makes it sound like you can park one vehicle without charge at your campsite....as opposed to one spot in the overflow lot per campsite.  Or am I reading it wrong?

And actually, upon reading it again, it says each campsite provides parking space for one "motorized vehicle".  That could be interpreted to mean a motorhome, but you'd have to pay for your toad.