What was the magic kingdom club?

Any company, credit union, military group etc could join "The Club" and it afforded employees/members discounts and special benefits. I had an employer and credit union that both belonged and you would get a special ID card that HR or member services would issue.

In the mid and late 70's early 80's one benefit was, in the off season when a,b,c,d&e ride tickets were used, members would get books of all "e" tickets for the same price as the general public's assorted ticket book. We would buy the tickets and keep them for summer visits since the tickets never expired.

Then they switched to regular discounts as shown on your freinds brochure.  Don't remember what else we got it was too long ago.

Club was good at both DL & WDW.

8 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

If I remember correctly, there was a MKC rate for rooms, ticket discounts, and a few other things.

They mention all that in the article along with travel packages. They call it one of the first loyalty rewards programs.

My mom was was a member  she used it to get discounts on campsites at the Fort. They mailed her bags  with  the logo on it she still has one I know. Disney stopped the club when they started the Disney chase visa card if I remember right. I know she was not happy when they did away with the club. But now there is club 33.

You do know we get discounted tickets thru work? For our holiday trip we got a better deal thru Undercover Tourist. I check our work benefits for all our summer stops for discounts then Beth checks Groupon and we compare, some discounts thru work are good some are not.

1 hour ago, dblr....Rennie said:

You do know we get discounted tickets thru work? For our holiday trip we got a better deal thru Undercover Tourist. I check our work benefits for all our summer stops for discounts then Beth checks Groupon and we compare, some discounts thru work are good some are not.

The cell phone discount is the best that I’ve found so farThe cell phone discount is the best that I’ve found so far

On 3/18/2018 at 9:01 PM, DaveInTN said:

With inflation that's approx $300 today.  So that was a really good deal compared to now.  

I stayed at GF with my parents right after it opened during Feb vacation.  We had a ground floor room near the pool in one of the outer buildings and it was $300 a night.

That room during Feb vacation week now would be about $900.  

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, dblr....Rennie said:

We get "discounts" too through work, but they are usually the same or worse than what is posted on Undercover Tourist. I've never used them.

My company use to provide discounted tickets to WDW and Disneyland through the Magic Kingdom Club. I seem to recall some other discount percs for showing my company id while at he parks. My company stopped in the 90's when they contracted employee discount programs to an outside firm. The prices from the current provider are not as good as you can get on Undercover Tourist so I no longer use them unlike back then where they had the best price.