2 hours ago, bdm said:

A long time ago my father told me not to wast money on "things" but invest them on memories.  I consider our camper a memory maker for our family.  My son talk about one of our camping adventures each and every day and hes only 3.  I figure its worth the investment to build strong family bonds.

Exactly!

I fully agree, I'll spend every dime I can on memories and family time!

WBI

9 hours ago, Specularius said:

Going with too heavy spring bars can make for a rougher ride in the Tow vehicle. Looks great but my wife would never go for it. She refused to ever go anywhere again in my truck camper as it was too small. The truck camper had two slides and weighed over 5,000 pounds. It was huge for a truck camper. So I sold it and got a Momentum toy hauler.

Well, I figure my cart weighs about 950# so my 800-1200 bars will do fine and I feel no difference in the truck. I tow it with a regular hitch when there is nothing on the deck with no sway and you don’t even know it’s there. It fits us fine and you must know that no two women are the same....lol.  I wish I could afford a $60K momentum and probably the $80k truck to pull it, but the same family memories can be made in a tent and hopefully I can retire at the right age 😊

I have always said the size, brand or floor plan of a camper does not matter as long as it fits the owners needs and budget and they enjoy it, that is what matters........making family memories is now something I should add.

20 hours ago, bdm said:

A long time ago my father told me not to wast money on "things" but invest them on memories.  I consider our camper a memory maker for our family.  My son talk about one of our camping adventures each and every day and hes only 3.  I figure its worth the investment to build strong family bonds.

Totally agree. Our downstairs needs to be painted (it’s an ugly old color) and we’ve had quotes to get it done (we have a lot of wood work  so it’s  a PITA) and its always well vacation or paint? Vacation always wins, my kids are going to remember trips more than a fresh coat of paint. 

Totally agree. Our downstairs needs to be painted (it’s an ugly old color) and we’ve had quotes to get it done (we have a lot of wood work  so it’s  a PITA) and its always well vacation or paint? Vacation always wins, my kids are going to remember trips more than a fresh coat of paint. 
This is exactly why we're now busting through a ton of home improvement stuff after 20 years. Oh sure we could have chipped away at it a bit at a time, but we've had a lot of AMAZING vacations and experiences in those years. And those rooms look just fine now, so... :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Mo, read Beckers' last sentence and then yours quoted above.  Are you trying to tell us something?

Yeah... no.  LOL!

We're just trying to get the house on the market by the summer.  The grand plan is find more land, less house, lower cost of living... so we can keep affording trips to Disney.  ;)

• 4 weeks later...