It was a long time coming, but it has finally happened. The GIddyap and Go is off the menu at Trail's End Takeout. There is still an 8 piece chicken meal, but it's not called a GAG. GAG's were a ten piece meal with steak fries, a choice of biscuits or cornbread, and one other side. The new menu does offer some interesting alternatives: 

IMG_2832_zps9fbrgodi.jpeg

I don't know if it's a typo, but the posted menu doesn't offer fries as a side with the meals. The online menu doesn't either:

P & J's Southern Takeout Menu March 2018

They obviously have fries, as they are offered with the burgers and sandwiches.  It's weird they're not listed as a side for the meals on either the posted or takeout menu.

TCD

On the whole I'm looking forward to trying this new menu. My daughter wasn't overtly keen on the chicken last time but does really like the ribs from HDDR, so I can see one of the chicken and rib combos in our future.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I'll still be calling it a GAG. 

Ditto.

I do like the ribs combo option though.  Not too sad about the fries as they never seemed to come crispy enough.  We usually do double mashed potatoes, gravy on the side.  I do wish you could get biscuits instead of cornbread though.

48 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow.  Now...we don't usually order take-out, but it looks like they added items to the menu?  I mean, I know the GAG is no longer there, but the menu itself seems to be longer/have more items.  

The menu is greatly expanded. This is the first time they've offered ribs and the burgers are relatively new too. 

The bowl of chili is new, as are a lot of the desserts. I plan this try the take out strawberry shortcake. 

Also new is the dessert item called Clementine. I don't know what that is. The only food item I know that goes by that name is a small type of citrus fruit. I hope that's not what they're selling for $3.99, but I don't know. 

And I'll bet it's the same old frozen cardboard pizza.

TCD 

7 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Wouldn't happen to be on the Dream April 9th would it?

No. The Wonder. This week!

7 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

Just ate the last piece of the 8 piece meal today. I never knew fries were an option and we've been getting the same meal for 5 years. I can tell you this, it's still delicious and a bargain at 25 bucks.

Fries have always been an advertised option. In fact, originally there were no options, GAG's came with fries and cole slaw. The choice of sides was introduced in 2009. 

6 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Correct... all the sides weren’t listed. We get baked beans. I don’t think they show them as an option.

Not correct!

Fries have always been a posted side item. Here's a pre 2009 menu:

[IMG]

This is the menu when it changed in 2009:

[IMG]

I could go on. Fries have never not been offered as a side.  You are correct about the cowboy beans, they were sometimes omitted from the menu.

TCD