Ate at the TE tonight for dinner (damn delicious).  Tried to walk up, because hey, it's always half full.  It was a bit busy in front with the hoop de doo shift change, but they told me no walk ins.  So what's a guy to do? Well, I'll tell you....you open up your disney app and pick one of the 10 available times, walk back up to the podium and get shown to your table in a half to 3/4 full restaurant.  Why do this? I watched several families get told the same thing and walk away.  Best part was, it was getting late and there were piles of fresh food left....all to be thrown in the "compost pile" as I was told.  

Makes no sense,  unless you make so much money you no longer care.  A regular person just can't comprehend their logic.  

Did I mention it's still tasty as could be?

Happy reservations!

15 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

Ate at the TE tonight for dinner (damn delicious).  Tried to walk up, because hey, it's always half full.  It was a bit busy in front with the hoop de doo shift change, but they told me no walk ins.  So what's a guy to do? Well, I'll tell you....you open up your disney app and pick one of the 10 available times, walk back up to the podium and get shown to your table in a half to 3/4 full restaurant.  Why do this? I watched several families get told the same thing and walk away.  Best part was, it was getting late and there were piles of fresh food left....all to be thrown in the "compost pile" as I was told.  

We've done this as well.... or they've allowed us to walk up, but made us wait 20 minutes only to seat us in a near empty restaurant.  It's a buffet people.  Put in a coffee/juice machine and the entire floor could be ran by a staff of 2 people.  

I agree with you... why?  Makes absolutely no sense. 

41 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We've done this as well.... or they've allowed us to walk up, but made us wait 20 minutes only to seat us in a near empty restaurant.  It's a buffet people.  Put in a coffee/juice machine and the entire floor could be ran by a staff of 2 people.  

I agree with you... why?  Makes absolutely no sense. 

Problem is lack of kitchen help too. Had the same thing at Cracker Barrell yesterday. 40 min wait for 4 and at least 1/3 of the tables were empty. Food took almost another 40 min.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:56 PM, PGHFiend said:

Makes no sense,  unless you make so much money you no longer care.  A regular person just can't comprehend their logic.  

Did I mention it's still tasty as could be?

Happy reservations!

This has become there SOP been told the same several times now I just go to the app from the start now.

17 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Problem is lack of kitchen help too. Had the same thing at Cracker Barrell yesterday. 40 min wait for 4 and at least 1/3 of the tables were empty. Food took almost another 40 min.

Agreed... back of the house can be short, but I have to wonder as when this has happened (waited and then a half empty restaurant), the buffet was never short on items. But, I agree with your point.

We sat down at 730. We were a little disgruntled because we wanted to go to the sing a long at 8. The manager apologized and gave us 40% off. Our waiter was awesome, and of course the food was great. So after we got over being starved we were fine. Missing the sing a long just gave us more time to loop. So we still had a great night