An Easter Weekend Trip on the Wonder with (most of) the TCD Gang

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The TCD gang sailed again!  Well, most of us did.  We last sailed on the Disney Cruise Line in 2016. Since then, we have talked of going again, but with work and school schedules, it never worked

There used to be 17 cabanas on the family beach, and 4 at Serenity Bay, as noted on this map. But at some point, they built 4 more cabanas at the Family beach, and re-numbered the Serenity

Before I go forward, I want to thank DIT and WBI for their TR's earlier this year from their Wonder cruises. I got some great tips from you both- especially the chicken wings in the Crown and Fin tip.

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's pretty amazing how fast the ship moves away from the island when it's time to go. Docking is a slow process that seems to take forever, but when it's time to go, they go. These next three photos were taken one minute apart, beginning at 5:01 pm:

IMG_0068_zpscvmholiq.jpg

IMG_0069_zpslanrxim6.jpg

IMG_0073_zpszfmcyjnl.jpg

Like ripping off a band aid.  It lessens the pain of leaving when it goes quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering when you were going to finish this report, so I went to see where you left off but now realize you did finish it.  I was on a cruise myself when you wrapped this up, so I missed it.  Nice report.  Seems like a very quick cruise, but in reality it's like a nice long weekend that happens to include a day at CC.  Nothing wrong with that.  

Late to this report. Glad you had a great time. We are so looking forward to being on the Wonder in just 33 days! 

On the cabanas, along with the stocked fridge and sunscreen, you also get chips, a fruit bowl, golf cart transportation, bike rental, and snorkel rental. With a family of four, that all adds up. We splurged on a cabana on our last cruise. It was two stop at Castaway Cay and we got the cabana on the second stop. It was fantastic. 

On 5/8/2018 at 9:09 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Here's a look at the wall opposite the magazine rack- we already saw the fridge- and there's also a basket on top with some bags of snacks.  There's a little locker there to the right.  And one more detail to point out- those nautical flags on the wall to the left are for the numbers one and eight, which stumps me because the sign out back said that this was cabana #22:

IMG_0009_zpsiecn8z7s.jpg

I never figured out why, but this was reported before, on June 14th, 2017...

Something that I noticed with the Cabanas. We were in #19, but there were flags inside, which I should have grabbed a picture, that showed it was #23. Some of the literature I saw stated 25 cabanas, but there were only two more cabanas past us. I am not sure what happened to the first 4 cabanas because I could see the flags in the last cabana and it was #25, but the sign in front of it was #21, the family cabana, which was twice the size of the other cabanas.