UPDATE A new reason to celebrate May 1st/18th

Busch Gardens will once again give away free beer to guests

After nearly a ten year dry-spell, Busch Gardens in Tampa will once again offer guests complimentary beer. 

This morning, the theme park announced it was going "back to its roots" and will start allowing guests to sample two free 7 ounce beers from a rotating list, starting Tuesday, May 1, through Aug. 5. 

Guests can claim their free beers at the  Garden Gate Cafe, which is the site of the former Hospitality House. According to the press release, the rotating beers will include Bud Light, Founders All Day IPA, M.I.A 305, Miller Light, Shock Top and Yuengling.

Free beer was once a staple at Busch Gardens when it was owned by Anheuser-Busch, but the program was discontinued in 2009 while under the ownership of the Blackstone Group.  

Today's beer news was also coupled with the park's launch of a new "Busch Gardens Brew Club program," which allows guests to keep a beer stein at the park and refill it for $5 all year, ($79) and a new 100-beer Oktoberfest-themed festival coming this fall from Aug. 25 to Sept. 16. 

23 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

It’s been more than 10 years since we’ve been to Busch gardens. It might be time to go back. 

And, if you have a non-imbibing significant other, you can get 4 beers!

They used to dispense beers at two locations, so in theory you could get 4.

And if you watched and waited until shift change you can get even more!  The servers were trained to spot repeat imbibers, and that was before digital cameras and stricter security.

I wonder if they are going to use some sort of ticketing system or scan your passes/admission tickets?

2 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I wonder if they are going to use some sort of ticketing system or scan your passes/admission tickets?

I was wondering the same thing.  

Is Sea World doing this too?  Or do they have different ownership now?  I remember getting free beer at Sea World back in the day.  

26 minutes ago, Travisma said:

And, if you have a non-imbibing significant other, you can get 4 beers!

They used to dispense beers at two locations, so in theory you could get 4.

And if you watched and waited until shift change you can get even more!  The servers were trained to spot repeat imbibers, and that was before digital cameras and stricter security.

Unfortunately my DW enjoys an adult beverage every now and then. The few times we’ve been to Busch Gardens and seaworld we were able to get multiple beverages. It was real simple when you tip them a couple dollars.

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I was wondering the same thing.  

Is Sea World doing this too?  Or do they have different ownership now?  I remember getting free beer at Sea World back in the day.  

They are both owned by Blackstone Group.  Right after Anheuser sold them,  they stopped the free beer.

I don't remember getting free beer at Seaworld.  They did have some for passholders in March I think.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

They are both owned by Blackstone Group.  Right after Anheuser sold them,  they stopped the free beer.

I don't remember getting free beer at Seaworld.  They did have some for passholders in March I think.

We got free beer there, but it was probably 17 years ago.  

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Oh my gosh...that's hilarious.   I can't show this to Tom; he'd already be fine, with never going back to WDW.  This might just push him over the edge... LOL.

And SeaWorld Passes are a lot less $$$ than Disney.  Not sure if they do the fun pass like Busch, buy a day, get the rest of the year, but unlike a AP, you pay for parking each visit.

And SeaWorld Passes are a lot less $$$ than Disney.  Not sure if they do the fun pass like Busch, buy a day, get the rest of the year, but unlike a AP, you pay for parking each visit.
Yep they do Fun passes or they did in 2016 anyway

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Haha...yes.  Of course, aren't most a lot less than Disney? :lol::lol:    That doesn't help my cause... :lol: