1 night in Disney and 2 at Legoland

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think they have a ski show on the lake in front of the hospital one Saturday a month with the skiers from  the old show for free. It is on a lake side and you need to bring your own chair.

6 minutes ago, slices said:

The uploading photos for the passes must be a new thing, good idea though when we git ours last year the line for passes was really long.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The picture is in color too. I think our old passes were black and white. 

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

The picture is in color too. I think our old passes were black and white. 

The last passes we got were in color.  That was 2? years ago.  We did a Black Friday deal on the Awesomer pass, (sounds like the one you got) and got them as a BOGO.  Last deal they had was I think $100 per pass.  We didn't renew them after they expired.

The park is relaxing, not as nerve wracking as any Disney Park.

The one thing I noticed the last time we wen,t was the Mini Figure lands were looking pretty shabby.  I don't think they realized how harsh the FL sun can be on the brick colors.

Last week they added some new Star Wars pieces.

We did the Orlando Eye, and got the Coca Cola car.  They roll an ice chest on it with 4 or 5 cokes in it.  I think they had some snacks also.

Hoping to get over there sometime this month to check out the new Star Wars displays before our passes expire. Don't think we will renew then this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The last passes we got were in color.  That was 2? years ago.  We did a Black Friday deal on the Awesomer pass, (sounds like the one you got) and got them as a BOGO.  Last deal they had was I think $100 per pass.  We didn't renew them after they expired.
The park is relaxing, not as nerve wracking as any Disney Park.
The one thing I noticed the last time we wen,t was the Mini Figure lands were looking pretty shabby.  I don't think they realized how harsh the FL sun can be on the brick colors.
We did the Orlando Eye, and got the Coca Cola car.  They roll an ice chest on it with 4 or 5 cokes in it.  I think they had some snacks also.

We did have FB awesomer pass, we had gotten them during the Brick Friday sale before for $100 but of course they expired before we decided to go again.

Mini fig land is def showing down where and tear. I think I read somewhere the same thing that the Florida sun is just way more intense than California and the bricks aren’t holding up as well.

We saw a few of the Star War figures around the boardwalk area but the main stuff they still had blocked off. I think their Star Wars stuff started Friday and we left Thursday.

Adam desperately wanted the Coca Cola car but no luck. They weren’t even loaded them when we went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I loved visiting LegoLand a few years ago. Even with no kids. I spent most of the day in the gardens, still saw all of the shows, and all of the "larger" rides. No rush, no huge crowds. Loved it!

It really is a different atmosphere. It’s nice to be able to take your time and still be able to see it all.

We did some more rides, but I don’t have pictures of most of them. We did finally get to try out the Ninjago ride. It opened a few days after our last visit. Since it was so late in the day it was a total walk on. Their queue line is super long. But it is all inside so that’s a plus

6b221e7e1c11350bc4703a37d3114c05.jpg

4b7260b8dbdef84344d4d5294313f475.jpg45a940ac0c504552e6acff07b6237be8.jpg

You wear 3D glasses and sit 4 across in a car, it’s kind of like toy story mania but instead of pie shooters you are supposed to use your hands to throw stars, or something. Because the ride was walk on we missed reading the explanation of how you are supposed to move your hands. So we basically swatting them around like crazy and hoped for the best. I really wasn’t impressed but the kids were happy. Also I didn’t realize there was a lot of steps getting out of the ride, so if anyone goes and has issues with steps take the handicap exit. It was late in the day and we had already walked a lot so my poor mom wasn’t thrilled with all the steps.

This ride dumps you into a gift shop and my kids wanted some mini figures. The CM was super nice and felt all the bags to get the exact models they wanted.

There was a meet and greet after the ride too. This girl was from the movie but I don’t remember her name. 42d700dd88424327a9d29cc1de218058.jpg

They offer their version of photo pass they hand you a ticket that they actually write something in. We never bothered even looking because they character attendants would always take a picture for you with your phone. 90612c487c9a8294dae4c3beaec6c578.jpg

We had dinner in the hotel at the Skyview Lounge. Once again it’s way better than the buffet Bricks. Their sweet potato fries are amazing. Behind where you sit is a whole skyline with lots of little details, like this poor lady. No privacy for her 0663d4be2f031b04c545b021b6af61e6.jpg

It’s pretty neat too because it cycles through day and night time 88bc1f8eebdd32d2cd8627322a4f0180.jpg8aa67438e4a283271c2059c77d168af9.jpg

Around 6pm they start entertaining the kids, they have a male and female host that do a series of games, activities, building contest, etc until about 8, then at 8:30 they do a pj/dance party and a bed time story at 9:15.

After they are given time to build, they call the kids up on stage to talk about what they made. I was really impressed with how well the guy interacted with the kids (except it took forever) af6d332a8f7800edeed53e59b7235720.jpg

Lego Chef was doing a meet and greet
3d40f7ebdd43ebc9ea68a9632074eefc.jpg

We didn’t stay for the dance party, it’s basically chaos and considering my kids had pretty much rolled around in the lego pits I wanted to give them showers ASAP.

Now you have a reason to come back!!

Legoland Florida announces new Lego Movie World for spring 2019

An immersive "Lego Movie World" is coming to Legoland Florida, the company announced this morning. 

In partnership with Warner Bros. and based on the popular film of the same name, the new land will put guests in the middle of the fictional Bricksburg and will feature three new rides, character meet-and-greets and a massive kid-friendly playground. 

"The sights and sounds will be fully immersive, bringing the Lego movie franchise to life in a way that only a Legoland park could," said Legoland Florida general manager Rex Jackson in a statement. "We know kids come from all over the world to see the stars of the Lego movie, and we can’t wait to see their faces light up as they interact within the imaginative world of Bricksburg."

The Winter Haven amusement park also announced that the Quest for Chi attraction will be transformed into a new experience for the new land. 

Lego Movie World will be their largest investment ever, says the company, and is expected to open sometime in the spring of 2019. 

38 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for taking the time to write this report. This is all fascinating to me. Like you asked earlier, how does this place stay in business? It all looks nice, and they have an amazing number of employees on the payroll. Even with their low prices, they aren't attracting crowds. Something has to give. 

TCD 

I have to believe its location has something to do with that.  It's kind of "out there" for a central FL tourist attraction.  Of course, when Cypress Gardens was first built in the 1930's, it wasn't at all "out there".  It became a destination in its own right, and being close to several major north-south highways (at that time) such as US 27 and 98, certainly helped funnel the cars in.  I imagine, in particular, during the post-WWII era when Americans were hitting the highways but before the Interstates took over, the place was a hit.  It's proximity to major highways of the day is actually quite similar to Walt's reasoning for buying his land where he did...as by the time of Walt's 1960's purchases, the old US highways had been supplanted by the new superhighways like I-4, I-75 and the FL Turnpike.  In any case, those old US highways aren't exactly prime feeder roads for tourists anymore, which is partly what lead to Cypress Gardens eventual demise.  Legoland has a following in its own right, and people will obviously drive over there specifically for the Lego experience.  But will enough people do that?  And would more visit if it were situated along I-Drive?  

While Legoheads aren't quite (but getting there) as rabid as Disney Fans there are a lot out there, and like Disney folks they will drop a boatload of $$$ on what they like.

And while Disney, Universal, Busch, etc are touted as Family Parks, Legoland has them beat by far for the younger set.

And they must be making $$$ since they just announced the big expansion, and they are building a new Legoland in NY about 60 miles N of NYC which I doubt will be open year round.

And I hope FL Legoland never gets as popular as WDW.  The charm of the place is not feeling crushed and being able to relax.

21 hours ago, Travisma said:

Now you have a reason to come back!!

Legoland Florida announces new Lego Movie World for spring 2019

An immersive "Lego Movie World" is coming to Legoland Florida, the company announced this morning. 

I think we are going to try and come back for that. Our passes are good until 5/6/19!

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for taking the time to write this report. This is all fascinating to me. Like you asked earlier, how does this place stay in business? It all looks nice, and they have an amazing number of employees on the payroll. Even with their low prices, they aren't attracting crowds. Something has to give. 

TCD 

I don’t know if I’d exactally call them low prices, but lower than Disney 😂

they must be doing okay enough for them to have built the beach retreat. It’s way, way cheaper than the hotel. There is even groupons for the beach retreat. If I’d go back without my mom I’d opt for the beach retreat because of the cost. The main difference is the hotel is walking distance to the park ( like way closer than the farthest bus stop at the MK) vs beach retreat where you’d have to drive or take their shuttle that only runs at certain times. 

During winter they are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesday (but the hotel is still open) and their water park is seasonal. While we were there there was one ride closed and 2 things that were shows. I’m assuming it was due to the lack of crowds? 

Maybe it’s more of a weekend park? There was a bunch of school trips there too and even with that it was still empty. 

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

I have to believe its location has something to do with that.  It's kind of "out there" for a central FL tourist attraction.  

I think this has a ton to do with it. It’s probably safe to assume a majority of the people fly to Disney, take ME and never leave the bubble. That’s what we have always done. It’s just easier (and cheaper) to do it that way. When you figure in a rental car, tickets, hotel etc it adds up pretty quick to be a side trip for a Disney trip. If I didn’t win the trip to Disney last year we probably wouldn’t have ventured off to Legoland 

Included in your stay at the Legoland hotel is a buffet breakfast. It’s a pretty decent for free. When we were here last year you have to get a timed ticket to go but they have since changed it to go anytime between 7:30-10. The paperwork we had said between 7:30-8:30 there were princesses and knights down there but we never made it down before 9. The park doesn’t open until 10, so there is no reason to get up and rush. Annual pass holders and hotel guests used to get early entry but they don’t any more. The buffet had your typical breakfast foods, plus an egg station. My kids aren’t big breakfast eaters, and were happy with bowls of fruit and cereal. We always get Adam’s food from the kitchen and sometimes I think maybe I’m a little too paranoid. But while I was eating my strawberries I found granola in them. The granola isn’t safe for him and was right next to the strawberries. Little things like that make you realize you aren’t being overly paranoid. 

Today’s plan was to do the stuff we had not seen the day before, the ski show and the water park. 

After breakfast we got to meet “Good Knight”. 34df6b5a7791c5382a515df516c73a9c.jpg

Also the Lego Friends were roaming around. They have names but I don’t know what they are. They had a show last year in the park that we didn’t see and it was closed this time.

a26990b4e2e2f284a382fdc2482e71a3.jpg

They were awesome and spent a lot of time with Squish. They even decided to build legos together 799b4aeb7be58e1e50d5b83c56d55e7c.jpg

It’s the little stuff like this that makes Legoland different, no one is in a rush to get to the park the second it opens, the characters are laid back and the kids aren’t swarming them.

On 5/6/2018 at 3:25 PM, Beckers said:

Character wise we really lucked out, within seconds of being seated they were coming to our section. We didn’t even bother getting our food until we saw all 5 of them. I don’t have any food pictures besides Adam’s but we enjoyed it (except Elizabeth who only ate strawberries ).

37d762bb94a6190ae2b619012f39c939.jpg

I love adams Mickey ears.  Lol. 

On 5/6/2018 at 5:13 PM, Beckers said:

68af394938e4ae15e6c27d1712aaf997.jpg

There was no character attendant near by so a crappy selfie had to do.

While I was wondering Walmart a few days before our trip I found wooden frames for .97 so the kids got them to use instead of autograph books. c83c843a8bdb322e6f3df8577c324fe4.jpg

You need to work on your selfie skills. Lol. 

I love ,  love the autographed frame idea.   

I'm really enjoying your report. Recently I was talking to someone about Legoland. They insisted it was not worth going and kids would not enjoy it. Now granted mine are older so that is probably true, but I think of my cousin and her family who love playing with legos, my brother and his family and the kids I watch in aftercare. Now if I could only remember who I was talking to so I could share your report with them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk