1 night in Disney and 2 at Legoland

After the peaches we headed to the Orlando/Coca Cola Eye. They used to have a short movie you watched before going on that was about places in Florida, my kids really enjoyed it last year but now it’s being replaced by something different. The place was completely empty so we walked right on.

Pictures like this make me realize I’m not %100 comfortable being 400 feet in the air with no way out.
706c42df440f8abfb163a220bd5e3b1c.jpg

1c9022f22c7fe586ba43acf207fece04.jpg

But then you can see this, space mountain and the contemporary 8a8bdd88367f7191887b810e66da8ba5.jpg

We ended up going on twice, the first time she was scared and then this was the second time.
697d60e3f2991a8386c39149f5bdcbcc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think they have a ski show on the lake in front of the hospital one Saturday a month with the skiers from  the old show for free. It is on a lake side and you need to bring your own chair.

43 minutes ago, Beckers said:

https://m.facebook.com/RidgeIslandGroves/

https://www.ridgeislandgroves.com/

this is in Haines City. They were super nice. The ice cream was cheap too! My cup was $2.50 and I couldn’t finish it (it was also like 10:30 in the morning). The lady even made my kids smaller cups and charged me for one instead of 2. 

They used to have an ice cream shop somewhere else but I think it’s closed. 

Id like to go back just to try the other flavors of ice cream.

Thanks. The last place like this around my neck of the woods is now a car dealership. My late father in law used to take my girls there for orange swirl ice cream. I think they'd like to visit this place you found sometime.

TCD

Next was Orlando Sea life, basically all of my pictures are horrible because of the lighting. The neat thing was the first room you go in is round and you are surrounding by a fish tank that’s pretty thin and the fish are just constantly swimming around in a circle.

The way the aquarium is set up, you walk through it in a line more or less. Your only choice is basically toward. They have programs they give the kids and these little programs and there is spots around the aquarium to mark them. The other thing I like is they have these bubbles. You crawl under them and can see the fish swimming around you 9382196875221bdb7c17215374e593e3.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks. The last place like this around my neck of the woods is now a car dealership. My late father in law used to take my girls there for orange swirl ice cream. I think they'd like to visit this place you found sometime.

TCD

I hope you guys get a chance to go. Ice cream and rocking chairs, you can’t go wrong.

TCD
Not sure how far this is from you but I go to Mixon's fruit farms quite a bit. Nice orange swirl ice cream and farm shop. Taking my parents there when that visit in a few weeks.
https://www.mixon.com/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Was that Orange Blossom Groves?

Have you tried this place?

Florida Citrus Country

Address: 301 S Belcher Rd, Clearwater, FL 33765

reviews say they have citrus swirl ice cream

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

There is still a place in Bradenton called Mixon's.  They not only sell oranges and orange juice but have orange ice cream, fudge, and a whole store full of things they sell.  Probably very much like the place near you that is now a car dealership and what Beckers did with her kids.  They also have a tour of the groves and you can have weddings there.

www.mixon.com

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Was that Orange Blossom Groves?

Have you tried this place?

Florida Citrus Country

Address: 301 S Belcher Rd, Clearwater, FL 33765

reviews say they have citrus swirl ice cream

Yes that was it exactly!  My Father-in-law was a longtime friend of the owner. They held on as long as they could, but the price of land in Pinellas county drove all of the citrus grove owners to sell. 

I have driven by that place on Belcher. I've never stopped though. It looks fake- there certainly are no citrus trees around it.  

TCD 

2 hours ago, Beckers said:

I think we are coming back in March if the new section of legoland is finished before our passes expire. That trip will be planned  with ahead and I’ll make sure I contact you before. My kids love farms and picking stuff.

In March, we should have oranges hanging on the trees with no problem. 

There is still a place in Bradenton called Mixon's.  They not only sell oranges and orange juice but have orange ice cream, fudge, and a whole store full of things they sell.  Probably very much like the place near you that is now a car dealership and what Beckers did with her kids.  They also have a tour of the groves and you can have weddings there.
www.mixon.com

They also do a self-guided tour of the processing plant which is quite interesting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Next up was the wax museum. Basically the kids were bored (they didn’t know who pretty much any of them were) and my mom and I loved it.

b18a3687dc323cc4f737e2877268d048.jpg

bf73be7df8e92a08cf700d420740d525.jpg

8d7fd5986237df36908aeee9a5a021e1.jpg

8ae572aa2c9709f15594378547ab55c3.jpg

2b639889ddab2b2e055b139bc3b80952.jpg

3559b4c2100b6c26446bdff837ec4e82.jpg

And that was it. Went to Wawa to eat, returned the rental car (which that whole process was odd, I didn’t really like just leaving it with the mass of other cars. I’m a paperwork person so I would have liked a confirmation paper or something it was return and it was fine). Some how we lucked out and got TSA pre check, the security lines at MCO were insane and it was incredibly hot so we were thrilled to skip that. I had to wrap all the peaches in paper towels from the bathroom because their skin was getting banged up but other than that they make it home in one piece and were really good.

This is my new suitcase, when I talked to SW about my straps getting ruined they gave me a website to go on and pick a new suitcase.
148f76dbae97fd462758bc4da5e7261d.jpg

The end [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes that was it exactly!  My Father-in-law was a longtime friend of the owner. They held on as long as they could, but the price of land in Pinellas county drove all of the citrus grove owners to sell. 

I have driven by that place on Belcher. I've never stopped though. It looks fake- there certainly are no citrus trees around it.  

TCD 

According to an article in TBO from 2015, the people that run this, used to run the Orange Blossom, until the owner sold it.

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

Next up was the wax museum. Basically the kids were bored (they didn’t know who pretty much any of them were) and my mom and I loved it.

b18a3687dc323cc4f737e2877268d048.jpg

bf73be7df8e92a08cf700d420740d525.jpg

8d7fd5986237df36908aeee9a5a021e1.jpg

8ae572aa2c9709f15594378547ab55c3.jpg

2b639889ddab2b2e055b139bc3b80952.jpg

3559b4c2100b6c26446bdff837ec4e82.jpg

And that was it. Went to Wawa to eat, returned the rental car (which that whole process was odd, I didn’t really like just leaving it with the mass of other cars. I’m a paperwork person so I would have liked a confirmation paper or something it was return and it was fine). Some how we lucked out and got TSA pre check, the security lines at MCO were insane and it was incredibly hot so we were thrilled to skip that. I had to wrap all the peaches in paper towels from the bathroom because their skin was getting banged up but other than that they make it home in one piece and were really good.

This is my new suitcase, when I talked to SW about my straps getting ruined they gave me a website to go on and pick a new suitcase.
148f76dbae97fd462758bc4da5e7261d.jpg

The end emoji23.png

We did all 3 of the Lego/Orlando sites before our pass had expired.  We got the Coke car on the eye. My wife and i and our granddaughter liked the wax museum.  The aquarium was OK, had a couple of interesting exhibits.

Wow a WaWa bonus!  great way to end a trip.

The past 2 times we have been in Florida we’ve ended up at a Wawa. You can take a girl outta Jersey, but can’t take a Jersey out of a girl 😂.

my town is 8 square miles and like 15,000 people and we are currently building 2 super Wawas. We have one regular Wawa (no gas) which will close when the Super Wawas are complete. It’s kinda crazy.

3 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

LOL -- I was gonna ask how you got that bucket of peaches home.

Love the pic with your mom beside Shaq.  It's about like me standing beside my grandson Gabe (who's jersey number is also 32).

Very, very carefully. I had to eat a few in the airport lol.