Fort Wilderness NYE Camping - Reservation Switch

Hey guys, we were able to secure a reservation to Fort Wilderness for New Year's (crazy I know) but we had to reserve the premium campsites because that was the only thing that was available but we wanted to do full hook up instead, of course that is not available at the moment. My question is, if I find someone that has a full hook up site booked for the same dates we have (Dec.29-Jan3) and they are willing to switch with us, do you guys know if Disney will allow us to switch reservations like that? Thanks!

What I would do instead, is contact Jason at MouseCounselors (sponsor here on the board), and get him looking for a full hookup for you. Then cancel your premium once he finds it. He will do everything he can to find the right reservation for you!!

Hey guys, we were able to secure a reservation to Fort Wilderness for New Year's (crazy I know) but we had to reserve the premium campsites because that was the only thing that was available but we wanted to do full hook up instead, of course that is not available at the moment. My question is, if I find someone that has a full hook up site booked for the same dates we have (Dec.29-Jan3) and they are willing to switch with us, do you guys know if Disney will allow us to switch reservations like that? Thanks!
I have been trying to get a reservation from Dec 26 to after new years...you are lucky. I have been looking every day for a cancellation

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, gremlinbangles said:

If you decide to cancel because you can't get the sites you want, can you email me so I can try and get them? We have reservation from the 21 to 26 of Dec but would like to extend our stay.

Just so you know when someone does cancel it does not release immediately. Disney tends to store them up and release a bunch all at once if they get enough. 

Just so you know when someone does cancel it does not release immediately. Disney tends to store them up and release a bunch all at once if they get enough. 
Well that's a bummer :(. However I will keep looking, I really had no idea we had to book so far in advance. We have 21 to 26 so maybe we will see a bunch released at once. I've been checking every day.

I really wish Disney would use a calendar style available/ unavailable so I didn't have to plug in dates.

Thank you for the information.

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the insights! We really wanted the full hook up mostly because of the price difference. 5 nights at a premium site during a major holiday is a bit much for us, but if we absolutely can't get a full hook up then we might just keep the premium site. BUT in the event we do decide to cancel, I will let you all know so someone can get our reservation.

With that being said, anyone have a reservation Dec. 29 - Jan. 3 that has a full hook up site that want to switch with us for our premium sites? Let me know!!

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Nolegirl01 said:

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the insights! We really wanted the full hook up mostly because of the price difference. 5 nights at a premium site during a major holiday is a bit much for us, but if we absolutely can't get a full hook up then we might just keep the premium site. BUT in the event we do decide to cancel, I will let you all know so someone can get our reservation.

With that being said, anyone have a reservation Dec. 29 - Jan. 3 that has a full hook up site that want to switch with us for our premium sites? Let me know!!

Thank you!

Unfortunately its not that easy. They wont let you change the lead guest on a reservation.