Whispering Canyon Cafe no more high jinks?

Seen word going around but not confirmed yet that new management at Whispering Canyon Cafe have put an end to the jokes and antics that are ahuge part of the draw there. 

I reached out to an acquaintance who is a server there and will write back if I here from him or see confirmation. 

14 minutes ago, slices said:

I didn't realize the Walt Disney World Today Twitter account was official Disney information.  I guess I confused it with Walt Disney World News Today.

Stop by the Outback next time I am in the 3000 loop for cheap eats and free insults.  We don't need no stinkin Whispering Canyon.

34 minutes ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Stop by the Outback next time I am in the 3000 loop for cheap eats and free insults.  We don't need no stinkin Whispering Canyon.

Course the eats are cheap. You raided them from crock pots in the rest of the loop. ;-)

I’m sick and tired of a few of  whiny cupcakes ruining things for the vast majority of people.  I bet if you took a survey of customers there you would find that 90%+ enjoy the he hi-jinx and that’s one reason they come back time and time again. 

Who the H#%L do we complain to that the they  doing away with the main, if not only reason we are going to that place?  And if they do away with the hi-jinx we won’t be back.   

Lets get the restaurants phone number and all call him tomorrow and complain about not having enough ketchup and not having enough refills.  Because you know that going to be gone also. 

WHO IS WITH ME???

Kind of irritated at myself for not trying this sooner. I am kind of curious about something though, I have heard maybe wrongly that it's not a great environment for children with sensory issues. Now obviously I wouldn't complain about this, however I'm just curious if any one has had any experience of taking children with sensory issues here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, slices said:

Kind of irritated at myself for not trying this sooner. I am kind of curious about something though, I have heard maybe wrongly that it's not a great environment for children with sensory issues. Now obviously I wouldn't complain about this, however I'm just curious if any one has had any experience of taking children with sensory issues here.

It can definitely be tough for kids with sensory issues. They do have a separate room that is generally kept quieter for those who want to eat there but keep the antics to a minimum. 

I think the coaster idea was a good middle ground for people that either weren't aware of the 'antics' in the restaurant, or for people that know and choose not to be involved. That's also great that there is a side room that's a little quieter for people who choose to enjoy things from a distance.

However, this is an example of Disney rolling over for all the complainers and special interest groups to make everything as plain vanilla and unobjectionable as possible. I've also heard rumors that the cast members at the Prime Time Diner at DHS have been told to tone it down. Let's face it, people don't really go there for the excellent food.

13 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

I've also heard rumors that the cast members at the Prime Time Diner at DHS have been told to tone it down.

I hope that's not true.  We've had a lot of fun there over the years.  My girls used to get a big kick out of the waitresses giving me a hard time, and I enjoyed playing it up a bit.  I suppose next you are going to tell me they are getting rid of the PB&J milkshakes because mixing PB and jelly is offensive to some South American cultures?

8 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I hope that's not true.  We've had a lot of fun there over the years.  My girls used to get a big kick out of the waitresses giving me a hard time, and I enjoyed playing it up a bit.  I suppose next you are going to tell me they are getting rid of the PB&J milkshakes because mixing PB and jelly is offensive to some South American cultures?

No, it's because Someone ordered a PB&J Milkshake not knowing there was peanut butter in it. Vacation ruined!

(No disrespect meant to those with peanut allergies, we have a kid with allergies so we get it)

21 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

I think the coaster idea was a good middle ground for people that either weren't aware of the 'antics. I've also heard rumors that the cast members at the Prime Time Diner at DHS have been told to tone it down. Let's face it, people don't really go there for the excellent food.

We don’t like the antics at Prime Time so guess what?!? We choose another restaurant. Easy. People who like it go, and people who don’t, pick somewhere different.

We don’t like the antics at Prime Time so guess what?!? We choose another restaurant. Easy. People who like it go, and people who don’t, pick somewhere different.
Agreed. It's not like there's a lack of choice. It's like how the Disney Jr meals at Hollywood and Vine used to have the characters dancing, but apparently that was stopped because people complained.