Katman1356...Jason

Whispering Canyon Cafe no more high jinks?

8 minutes ago, slices said:

Agreed. It's not like there's a lack of choice. It's like how the Disney Jr meals at Hollywood and Vine used to have the characters dancing, but apparently that was stopped because people complained.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Really???  That was Anna's favorite thing.  She loved dancing with Sophia and Doc McStuffins.

25 minutes ago, slices said:

Agreed. It's not like there's a lack of choice. It's like how the Disney Jr meals at Hollywood and Vine used to have the characters dancing, but apparently that was stopped because people complained.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What?!?!? 

My kids loved that!!! 

The only thing I hate is napkin swinging. 

3 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

No, it's because Someone ordered a PB&J Milkshake not knowing there was peanut butter in it. Vacation ruined!

(No disrespect meant to those with peanut allergies, we have a kid with allergies so we get it)

You hit the nail on the head.  

At a local elementary school a little boy had a severe peanut allergy. His mother threw such a fit that the principal band any kid from bringing a PB&J sandwich or anything with peanuts to school.   

Fortunately enough parents complained that the spineless principle reversed his decision.  And now, what I think is a good compromise, there are dedicated tables that kids with allergies can use. And if their friends want to sit with them., They have to make sure their lunch is safe for the kid.  

I get allergies. I have a shellfish allergy, and so does my younger brother.   His allergies are so severe that he has to carry an EpiPen wherever he goes. But it’s his responsibility to make sure he doesn’t come in contact with any shellfish. 

I have a friend who has a son with severe not allergies. Some of you may know her. But she has to go on a plane and wipe down the seats and tray tables before her son can sit down. She takes responsibility for her son and doesn’t push it off on other people.    

Sorry ill get off of my soap box now. 

We were at Wilderness Lodge last evening and Whispering Canyon was much quieter than before.  It did make the lobby more relaxing, but it seemed strange.  They still held the "Pony Race" for the kids, but the servers were not yelling.  I don't know what M.T. Wallet is going to do now as she serves.

I saw a lot about this over the weekend and one of the big complaints was that service was very lacking and some servers used the gimmicks as a way to get around good service.

That's not from me, just repeating what I read.

We haven't eaten there since 2011 so I don't really know what it's like these days.  I do remember our server being slow, but I also remember getting a gallon sized soda so he didn't have to come back so often, I was fine with that, to me that's using your head to save work!

WBI