I know this is somewhere on this site, but I need to know what premium sites allow pets.  I found an old thread that said only the 700 and 800 allow pets that are premium. We all know there are pets on every loop, but we just got a puppy and will be at the fort next week.  I don’t know how much crying she will be doing when we are away from the RV and I don’t want to tick people off.  I heard a rumor that all loops were pet friendly now. Help...lol

I do believe all sites accept pets. Maybe someone can tell you which sites may be best suited to your situation. In the meantime maybe you can do some training at your house. Open vents or windows and leave her in it for about an hour see how she reacts and increase the time periods so it won't be such a shock?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, gremlinbangles said:

I do believe all sites accept pets. Maybe someone can tell you which sites may be best suited to your situation. In the meantime maybe you can do some training at your house. Open vents or windows and leave her in it for about an hour see how she reacts and increase the time periods so it won't be such a shock?

Yeah,  not leaving her at the storage unit in Florida with 95 degree heat and no power for the AC.  Good thought though

As Jason said...all loops are now pet friendly. 

Our pup has separation anxiety; we now have to drug him (Xanax) when we leave.  Dosage is small (doesn't "knock him out" like I thought it would), but it does seem to help.  We've hung around and listened....he barks for 10-15 minutes after we leave, then goes to sleep.  We also leave the TV turned up for him, as I think it helps muffle the sounds from outside.

Yeah,  not leaving her at the storage unit in Florida with 95 degree heat and no power for the AC.  Good thought though
Ahhh, didn't know it was in a storage unit. We have a pad at home and can plug it in for ac. You might also want to think of monitoring coach temperature when you away in case there is a power failure as as you say it gets hot quickly here. We use a connect sense to monitor ours but there are lots of ways to monitor.

9 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Our friends always leave the tv on for noise, their dogs prefer the Animal Channel 

I discovered back in October that Minnie the chihuahua/chinese crested mix loves motorcross on the TV.  She legitimately got ticked and barked after we went back into the camper and I changed the channel.  Had to change it back and let her lay back down on the couch to finish watching it.  I might have to leave both tvs on so they can watch different programming.

We used to leave the Disney cartoons on for ours when we left, until Bz decided that the emergency alert test completely freaks her out (like chews on the crate to get out, freak out). So... no more TV or radio when we're gone. 

We crank up the fan or a/c so they can't really hear anything outside, and give them peanut butter stuffed kongs.  No complaints so far.  In fact, as soon as I open the peanut butter jar, they go jump in their crates on their own.  

3 hours ago, DavinD said:

It's a bit expensive, but we leave ours at Best Friends on Bonnet Creek Pkwy during the day while we're at the parks.  If we're just going to the pool for a couple of hours we leave them in the trailer.

That is exactly what we do.  If the power goes out for whatever reason, it would take no time at all for the camper to reach lethal temps in the Florida heat, and even if you monitor your trailer with one of the systems available, there is no way I could make it from a park to the trailer in time to save the boys.  The money spent on Best Friends is money well spent.

I looked into best friends and $27 for one day of day sitting is not bad.  Unfortunately, I think she is too young at 10 weeks and her puppy appointment at the vet isn’t until next Sat so I don’t have all her shots yet.  I guess our plan is 2-3 hours max at the parks. We did buy a puppy kong and some PB. Hopefully that will keep her busy

Our dogs like the Disney cartoons as well.  We usually stay at the motorhome during the day and hit the parks about 3 to 4 in the afternoon and stay until closing.  They have always done well.  Ours dogs never see anyone other than us because we live in the country, so Disney is a rude awakening for them.  They love Disney!!

Here's a dumb question. How do you get your dog to the new and improved kennel over by Port Orleans if you have a motorhome? Since you don't really want to break camp to take them over and pick them up every day.

We never used the kennel cause our dog just sleeps with the a/c and TV on but if we ever need to use it we may need to use a taxi or Uber. 

Just seemed odd that the separated it from the campground.

I try to pick the smaller loops....900, 1000, 1100. There seems to be less traffic and fewer children making noise which could get my dogs barking. We request to be as far away from the main road, bus stops and comfort stations. Anything that would create more foot traffic around our rv. The only problem in the 900 loop, is if you get a site that backs up to the group camping area. We also leave on the tv and a fan, only stay gone a couple of hours at a time. We also use a temperature monitor which texts us if the temperature rises above our preset temp. Works off the cell signal so we don't have to rely on wifi.

5 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

So what’s the deal with $5 extra a night if you have a dog?  Did I pay for the 1/2 broken milk bone I got when checking in?  Ridiculous 

Been that way for ever, nothing new. It's probably do to the "idiot" owners who don't clean up after their dog/dogs and the CMs do.

1 hour ago, Starbuc71 said:

So what’s the deal with $5 extra a night if you have a dog?  Did I pay for the 1/2 broken milk bone I got when checking in?  Ridiculous 

Insurance, waste disposal bags, stands to hold the bags and cans to dispose of them in. Been a standard charge forever. 

8 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

I agree our dog stays in our camper.