On 5/19/2018 at 11:05 AM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Cocoa, or Jetty Park. Both just a little over an hour away.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:05 AM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Cocoa, or Jetty Park. Both just a little over an hour away.

Thank you both ^_^

Any idea, if either are pet friendly?

You can take the Beachline/528 into Canaveral or 192 into Melbourne, and there are several parks and multiple beach accesses between the two.

Jetty park does charge for entrance but depending on the time of day you are there you can watch the cruise ships leave port and there are several good restaurants close by. 

James H Nance park at the end of 192 on Indiatlantic is a nice little park, metered parking, small playground, picnic area and bathrooms. Parking is close to the beach. 

Between 192 and Patrick's Airforce base there used to be a lot of small beach accesses with parking, haven't checked them out in years though so not sure how many remain. 

1 hour ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

You can take the Beachline/528 into Canaveral or 192 into Melbourne, and there are several parks and multiple beach accesses between the two.

Between 192 and Patrick's Airforce base there used to be a lot of small beach accesses with parking, haven't checked them out in years though so not sure how many remain. 

From the FORT/WDW, 417 to 528 has less traffic. No need to get on I-4.  World Drive to Osceola to 417 to 528. Or Victory Way to Osceola to 417 to 528. Or pick up 417 from 535

Satellite Beach(near Patrick) still has numerous access points.

18 minutes ago, WrigleysWagon said:

We're headed to Jetty Park campground, in a couple weeks before our trip to the fort.  Il let you know what we think if you're interested. 

What kind of site did you get, do you know the #.

This is a great park
Lori Wilson Park
1500 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32953
70 miles,  hour 18 minutes and it has a toll road.
It was free parking, they were talking about charging a fee to non county residents, not sure if they approved it.

We've also day tripped to Lori Wilson. Seemed like a nice place, lots of parking lots of beach space. There were a few beach rental stores we spotted that you could rent some chairs for the day. We travel with our beach gear now though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, WrigleysWagon said:

We're headed to Jetty Park campground, in a couple weeks before our trip to the fort.  Il let you know what we think if you're interested. 

Thank you.  This trip would actually just be a day trip however, maybe a future trip so I'd love a few pictures of the CG and your thoughts ^_^

57 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Thanks.  I'm not actually sure if we'd take him, because I don't want to mess with the sand in his fur... but it's good to have options with his separation anxiety. 

There's a part of New Smyrna Beach that is pet friendly. We went there years ago with ours and loved it.  It's about 75 miles away, should be about 80-90 minutes, but it's up I4 so.... your mileage may vary.  ;)

https://www.bringfido.com/attraction/beaches/city/new_smyrna_beach_fl_us/

4 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

There's a part of New Smyrna Beach that is pet friendly. We went there years ago with ours and loved it.  It's about 75 miles away, should be about 80-90 minutes, but it's up I4 so.... your mileage may vary.  ;)

https://www.bringfido.com/attraction/beaches/city/new_smyrna_beach_fl_us/

Thanks Mo.  Can't remember... you coming for halloween??