4 hours ago, parrothead7368 aka Norm said:

Wonder what the effect on transportation to and from the parks is going to be like? What's going to change and are campground people going to be second rate guests?

On the old plans, they had a new bus loop adjacent to the new parking lot on the south side of Pioneer Hall. I figured that would become the new Settlement Bus Stop, and that buses to the parks would leave from there for both the Fort and guests of the new resort. It also looked like the MK boat would leave from their new dock. 

None of that would be particularly bad for the Fort. 

TCD 

My sources tell me that a new monorail spur is planned from the TTC to the WL, then continuing on to the new River Country DVC resort, then following somewhat along the current backstage purple bus route to the Outpost and finally on to the Four Seasons.  Future extensions may continue it to Port Orleans, OKW and Disney Springs but that is doubtful at this point.  

9 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

My sources tell me that a new monorail spur is planned from the TTC to the WL, then continuing on to the new River Country DVC resort, then following somewhat along the current backstage purple bus route to the Outpost and finally on to the Four Seasons.  Future extensions may continue it to Port Orleans, OKW and Disney Springs but that is doubtful at this point.  

Alright, that's enough scotch for you. 

TCD 

If Disney were to theme the new resort in a manner that it would fit "historically" between the frontier "Fort", and the newer western parks/steam trains of the Wilderness Lodge, they could really put the immagineers to work with rides/transportation.  Say, "Mike Fink" type keel boats between the new resort and WL, or even a steam train between the two that would really enhance that theme at the WL.  Or they could up the use of the horse drawn carriages/stage coaches between the two resorts.  Anyway, just thinking about alternatives to more cars and parking spots.

28 minutes ago, PghBob said:

If Disney were to theme the new resort in a manner that it would fit "historically" between the frontier "Fort", and the newer western parks/steam trains of the Wilderness Lodge, they could really put the immagineers to work with rides/transportation.  Say, "Mike Fink" type keel boats between the new resort and WL, or even a steam train between the two that would really enhance that theme at the WL.  Or they could up the use of the horse drawn carriages/stage coaches between the two resorts.  Anyway, just thinking about alternatives to more cars and parking spots.

Would be nice, but maint and general up-keep would be cost prohibitive compared to the busses.

1 hour ago, PghBob said:

How about these?

92529c_477e3f85c8ec4a03bb9a134718d0a0c2~mv2_d_3264_2179_s_2.webp

19 hours ago, Travisma said:

How about these?

92529c_477e3f85c8ec4a03bb9a134718d0a0c2~mv2_d_3264_2179_s_2.webp

Ha!  Those are awesome...but in the Florida humidity?  I'd probably pass.

ETA:  Of course, we do ride our bikes around the Fort (it's actually one of my favorite things to do), so I may have spoken too quickly :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a week at WDW, staying at Saratoga this time.  While out and about, we came across a CM who was talking to several guests about future WDW plans.  I took the opportunity to ask this CM if there was any news on the proposed River Country development.  This person was really reluctant to talk about RC, but reported the following:

1  There is a new hotel planned for the RC area, but won't be built until the newest DVC hotel is done or nearly done, excluding prep-work

2. There will be approximately 2000 rooms

3. It will be approximately 50/50 DVC and non-DVC rooms

4. It is hoped that it will be completed by the "anniversary"

5. This is only a rumor according to the CM, but there is some discussion about more cabins around Bay Lake

Time will tell

On 6/3/2018 at 10:04 AM, Beckers said:

This is actually on our to do list for our trip up there this summer!

Since you are going to be in that part of the state you should check this out.

The Wild Center
45 Museum Drive
Tupper Lake, NY 12986

https://www.wildcenter.org/visit/wild-walk/

Take bug spray with you.  The mosquitoes were pretty heavy walking thru the woods down by the water.

It's a fun day.  It was a 4 hour drive each way for us.

Copy-of-WW-AerialPhoto-Aug2016-010-1275x750.jpg