Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

Awesome!  I didn't realize they had added a writing desk complete with typewriter at the Settlement.  I'll be sure to pack my pipe the next time I visit, and I'll write the next great American novel.  

"The Great Cinamon Roll Caper"...   :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

Awesome!  I didn't realize they had added a writing desk complete with typewriter at the Settlement.  I'll be sure to pack my pipe the next time I visit, and I'll write the next great American novel.  

With all the females hormones hanging around your place I'd expect something more along the lines of a Harlequin romance novel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beckers said:

I think it is going to be fun to pick it apart!

Yes it will. 

I'm already wondering how many sweaty people were standing around staring while that picture was taken, golf carts going by, kids screaming, people walking by from the busses unloading....... So very romantic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Yes it will. 

I'm already wondering how many sweaty people were standing around staring while that picture was taken, golf carts going by, kids screaming, people walking by from the busses unloading....... So very romantic!

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I'm already wondering how many sweaty people were standing around staring while that picture was taken, golf carts going by, kids screaming, people walking by from the busses unloading....... So very romantic!

Hahaha - this!!  It doesn't look like it was the crack of dawn, so I'd imagine it was quite the scene behind the camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Hahaha - this!!  It doesn't look like it was the crack of dawn, so I'd imagine it was quite the scene behind the camera.

There was an open house that afternoon at Mickey's Backyard Massage Parlor and Casino, so most folks were probably partaking of the free hors d'oeuvres and other goodies.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 11:10 PM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Yes it will. 

I'm already wondering how many sweaty people were standing around staring while that picture was taken, golf carts going by, kids screaming, people walking by from the busses unloading....... So very romantic!

You forgot the golf cart being driven by an 8 year old, driving through dog poop, out of control onto the grass and taking out Dave's typewriter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, djsamuel said:

You forgot the golf cart being driven by an 8 year old, driving through dog poop, out of control onto the grass and taking out Dave's typewriter.

I am sure they edited out the part where the eight year old was throwing poop instead of rice.:bananas:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched tonight’s, a wedding in China at EPCOT and one on Main Street. The Main Street one she got married at midnight and then the reception was at Tony’s. It was raining (enough that their hair was frizzing and falling flat and you could see rain drops on the grooms suit). I can’t inagine spending all that money for a wedding in front of the castle and it being rainy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beckers said:

I watched tonight’s, a wedding in China at EPCOT and one on Main Street. The Main Street one she got married at midnight and then the reception was at Tony’s. It was raining (enough that their hair was frizzing and falling flat and you could see rain drops on the grooms suit). I can’t inagine spending all that money for a wedding in front of the castle and it being rainy. 

You mean they didn't pay the extra $100K for Disney to extend the hidden dome covering the MK? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Beckers said:

I watched tonight’s, a wedding in China at EPCOT and one on Main Street. The Main Street one she got married at midnight and then the reception was at Tony’s. It was raining (enough that their hair was frizzing and falling flat and you could see rain drops on the grooms suit). I can’t inagine spending all that money for a wedding in front of the castle and it being rainy. 

We watched it also, my wife was all excited because an old friend of hers was picked to be on the show and she thought it was last night, turns out it's later in the season.  I think she got married on a cruise or Castaway Cay.

I said the same thing about the rain, but also the time of night, I couldn't imagine getting married that late at night.  They said midnight on the show but the clock on mainstreet said 1am when they walked by!

WBI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t imagine keep the kids that were at the MK happy. Super late and being at the MK but not doing anything but standing still? Sounds like torture 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

We watched it also, my wife was all excited because an old friend of hers was picked to be on the show and she thought it was last night, turns out it's later in the season.  I think she got married on a cruise or Castaway Cay.

I said the same thing about the rain, but also the time of night, I couldn't imagine getting married that late at night.  They said midnight on the show but the clock on mainstreet said 1am when they walked by!

WBI

Was there some kind of contest or application process to select the wedding candidates?  Of course, there was no mention about what these weddings cost, and it seems like the cost would be astronomical. I get the impression that the wedding party didn't pay for the wedding. 

TCD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Was there some kind of contest or application process to select the wedding candidates?  Of course, there was no mention about what these weddings cost, and it seems like the cost would be astronomical. I get the impression that the wedding party didn't pay for the wedding. 

TCD 

I bet the bride's maiden name was Holmes.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Was there some kind of contest or application process to select the wedding candidates?  Of course, there was no mention about what these weddings cost, and it seems like the cost would be astronomical. I get the impression that the wedding party didn't pay for the wedding. 

TCD 

All the brides were friends of the Mommy Bloggers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian and I were discussing this. We are guessing Disney picked likable people who were already spending a ton on weddings there and then they added some free upgrades. Like the couple who were married in China didn’t know about the Chinese dragon bringing out the rings or that the Stanley cup was going to be there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Was there some kind of contest or application process to select the wedding candidates?  Of course, there was no mention about what these weddings cost, and it seems like the cost would be astronomical. I get the impression that the wedding party didn't pay for the wedding. 

TCD 

I believe they were planning a Disney wedding and Disney approached them about being on the show.  She couldn't (or wouldn't) tell any cost information, but I'm hoping after the show airs that maybe she'll reveal some details.  

15 hours ago, Beckers said:

Brian and I were discussing this. We are guessing Disney picked likable people who were already spending a ton on weddings there and then they added some free upgrades. Like the couple who were married in China didn’t know about the Chinese dragon bringing out the rings or that the Stanley cup was going to be there.  

I also think it's something along these lines.  I got the impression they were already planning a Disney wedding so Disney asked these couples to be on the show for exchange for something like upgrades.  I don't think that couple would have paid for the fireworks show, that had to be outrageously expensive.

Speaking of that, I'd feel jipped if I was the bride that got married in Epcot with a Chinese Lion when the other couple got fireworks and a projection cake inside Magic Kingdom, but I guess if they paid more it levels out.

WBI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×