2 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

I also think it's something along these lines.  I got the impression they were already planning a Disney wedding so Disney asked these couples to be on the show for exchange for something like upgrades.  I don't think that couple would have paid for the fireworks show, that had to be outrageously expensive.

Speaking of that, I'd feel jipped if I was the bride that got married in Epcot with a Chinese Lion when the other couple got fireworks and a projection cake inside Magic Kingdom, but I guess if they paid more it levels out.

WBI

I wonder about this too- what about all of the guests who have already booked and paid full price for all components of their wedding?  Aren't they all going to be disappointed when they don't get any of the extravagant surprises Disney is showing?

Actually, it's nothing new- how many times have we seen kids skipping down Main Street with Mickey, and other fake scenes in Disney commercials? 

TCD 

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I wonder about this too- what about all of the guests who have already booked and paid full price for all components of their wedding?  Aren't they all going to be disappointed when they don't get any of the extravagant surprises Disney is showing?

Actually, it's nothing new- how many times have we seen kids skipping down Main Street with Mickey, and other fake scenes in Disney commercials? 

TCD 

You mean like this one?

Campsite at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, lit up at night

On 6/13/2018 at 3:04 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes, exactly. I'd like that campsite please. 

Me too. I love canoeing past my campsite by the bridge during the fireworks. So magical. 

TCD 

Sorry LMAO - I don't think magical - I think MYTICAL !!!!!!   

And the day we can get either of those campsites I'll start to believe in unicorns 😂

9 hours ago, Beckers said:

Well the Fort Wildeness wedding and reception were beautiful. I couldn’t figure out a time other than it was early morning-ish since they had breakfast foods at the reception. 

We were wondering about the time also because the Hoop sign said they had a show at 4 something, then we noticed the breakfast food so I guess it was real early.

I have to say Pioneer Hall looked great for a reception, the more I thought about it, it's a great choice, it has history, looks great already, has a stage, plenty of room, and it dressed up real nice!  Plus the food and booze are already there! lol

WBI

Watched this last night,  the only slightly negative thing I would say is that this isn't going to help with all the people that get confused between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. They kind of gave the impression that the DVC cabins at Wilderness Lodge were at the fort.

14 minutes ago, slices said:

Watched this last night,  the only slightly negative thing I would say is that this isn't going to help with all the people that get confused between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. They kind of gave the impression that the DVC cabins at Wilderness Lodge were at the fort.

Good point!  My wife was confused too, asking where in the heck they were getting ready at the way they kept cutting back and forth.

WBI

I found this on Disney’s wedding planning page.

“Breakfast/Brunch Receptions immediately follow the 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, and 9:30 AM wedding ceremonies. Lunch Receptions immediately follow the 12:00 PM ceremony. Dinner Receptions immediately follow the 2:30 PM, 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM ceremonies.”

And this 

Food and Beverage Minimums 
Brunch Reception  $140.00++ per person (based on a 4 hour reception) 
Lunch Reception $165.00++ per person (based on a 5 hour reception) 
Dinner Reception $190.00++ per person (based on a 5 hour reception)
3 hours ago, Travisma said:

Where exactly did the ceremony take place.

One shot showed the horse barn in the background, but there was a clear view of the lake during the ceremony?

And gee, the Fort cabins weren't good enough for a Fort Wedding?  They had to use Copper Creeks?

The ceremony was set up in the grassy area between Pioneer Hall and the Backyard BBQ pavilion. They've cleared a lot of trees out along the lake, which now provides a clearer view of Bay Lake from there. 

TCD  

5 hours ago, Beckers said:

I found this on Disney’s wedding planning page.

“Breakfast/Brunch Receptions immediately follow the 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, and 9:30 AM wedding ceremonies. Lunch Receptions immediately follow the 12:00 PM ceremony. Dinner Receptions immediately follow the 2:30 PM, 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM ceremonies.”

They have the different meals for the receptions but you can modify.  For example, my daughter got married at the Wedding Pavilion at 10:00am and the reception was at the Atlantic Dance Hall, starting around 11:30.  The food was a mix of really good lunch/dinner entrees along with some breakfast food since my daughter wanted Mickey Waffles served.  All was served buffet style.  You also get a session with the chef prior to the wedding where he cooked and served full servings of quite a few entrees for us to taste so we could pick the food for the reception.  We were stuffed but it was delicious.  You'd be surprised that it is possible to plan a wedding comparatively priced with other venues, or you can have the cost skyrocket.  We had a dessert party outside of Italy at Epcot for Illuminations after the reception that was also outstanding.  And, the cost was not as high as I was fearing, but it could have gone MUCH higher.  It all depends on the venue, day of the week, and what "additions" you choose.  I will say the wedding planner was outstanding, she really did a great job.

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The ceremony was set up in the grassy area between Pioneer Hall and the Backyard BBQ pavilion. They've cleared a lot of trees out along the lake, which now provides a clearer view of Bay Lake from there. 

TCD  

Definitely couldn't find it on Google Maps satellite!