as good as the fishing was in Jan it sucks now

That was the same last week around Savannah. I usually can load a 5 gal. bucket with crabs, but didn't get any this trip and even lost one of my crab nets. Caught a few whiting, a ton of stingrays, and a ton of blacktip shark pups. Summer fishing in Fla. is usually best around sunrise, and early evening. Wish you luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we are home and although the fishing sucked compared to last Labor Day, Halloween and New Years I did manage to catch a couple little ones daily.

Broke my reel one day, bought a new one, broke that one and used Ty's the rest of the trip.

The big story was the otters, one day I was on the dock and an Otter came swimming by, guess who I thought of?

Another day I was baiting my hook and I looked down and this bugger we give me a look and dove under the dock. I min later I heard a commotion under the dock and thought the otter was catching a fish but then a gator came out from under the dock (not looking real happy) and I saw the otter with 2 little otters on the other side of the dock. When I went to get a closer look the gator went under and I saw a baby gator floating around for the next half hour before he found his way back under the dock. I have to wonder if this is the same gator that stole my fish last July and it nests under there year round.

I didn't catch much but this kid (about 15) sat on the rail one morning and as fast as he cast he was catching one brim after another, me I spent 2 hours there and cought one.

I sure hope that I can fish with you at the Fort one day tnbob. I think we will have a great time. BTW, I haven't been doing so good lately myself. Gonna take the granddaughters fishing Monday though. Gonna be one of the highlights of my life I'm sure.:banana:

I sure hope that I can fish with you at the Fort one day tnbob. I think we will have a great time. BTW, I haven't been doing so good lately myself. Gonna take the granddaughters fishing Monday though. Gonna be one of the highlights of my life I'm sure.:banana:

Where exactly do you live? I enjoy going to Honeymoon Island and wading off the causeway or the beach.

Maybe we can go fishing sometime, in addition to catching a bite to eat.

This would be fun.

The big story was the otters, one day I was on the dock and an Otter came swimming by, guess who I thought of?

And everyone laughed and made fun of me back in 2007 when I proclaimed there were otters at the Fort!!!

Who's laughing now???

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

• 2 months later...

Ok, its almost time to go to the fort again, seems no one else fishes. I never fished till last year when I found it to be relaxing and fun when they are biting.

Who is with me during the Halloween GG? I will usually be on the dock behind the Meadows around 8 A.M. with a line in the water. Come on by and dip a line, after all this ain't brain surgery or I wouldn't be doing it. Its a relaxing time scratching, farting and just chillin'.

Save your chicken skin from your Giddy Up and Go and bring it around, even if you don't fish bring the skin, not the breading, the skin only.

I look forward to having some companionship on the dock a morning or two.

Maybe we can entice the gator to come out from under the deck a time or two.

Yes Stef, a witness to fish size is always needed.

How did I know Lou wouldn't be in for it?

was it the scratching?

was it the farting?

I know its not the chillin' because I know you are a good chiller.

Ahhh thats right, no fishin' for Lou!

After my Chili, there is no way they are going to fart. A 'certain part of the body' is going to be clenched tight and saying, "NO way am I letting THAT past"!

LaughingSmiley.gif Now that's good chili!!