3 hours ago, wdwpoohbear...Jennifer said:

Just because her eyes weren't closed doesn't mean she wasn't sleeping when she passed.  When I had to put my fur baby down, my vet let me know that animals don't/can't close their eyes in death and they are just open.  I even tried to close them after my fur baby passed and they just wouldn't stay closed.  I was glad she warned me because it would have startled me if I hadn't known.  I know you loved Sushi very much and I know she went to sleep peacefully.

This is what I was thinking to Jennifer, but wasn't sure of their eyes opened automatically if they died while asleep.  Lacy's were open also, but she was awake when she died.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was Zeus's (4 yr old schnoodle) favorite view of the Fort. He would sit on top of the couch, with his favorite stuffed squirrel under his chin, keeping watch from lot 1616.:)

This is my latest pup, Banzai, a Miniature Australian Shepard at 5 1/2 Months.  We got him in October.  

This is the TCD dog, Rocky. He is the third boxer we have owned, and the only one out of the three who enjoys swimming. I snapped this photo during a recent visit to Honeymoon Island State Park: TCD

Posted Images

This is what I was thinking to Jennifer, but wasn't sure of their eyes opened automatically if they died while asleep.  Lacy's were open also, but she was awake when she died.

Thanks. After doing a little research it appears that you two are correct about the eyes. So that puts my mind a little more at ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Sadly we lost our best camping boy Brady about a week ago.  He was just a month shy of his 15th birthday.  He got to go to Disney 11 times in his nearly 15 years, and I'll dearly miss our daily walks along the 300 loop canal.  I put up some photos and a tribute to him here if you'd like to see it (you don't need a FB account to view)...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10212545003887256.1073741837.1448196558&type=1&l=a333724457

I have so many photos of him at the Fort over the years, but here's one of the more recent ones from one of our canal walks. That look pretty much says it all. Our very first morning at the Fort every trip, I'd barely get through my first cup of coffee before he started "telling" me it was time to take our walk.  And it didn't matter what site we were in, he always knew the way.  :)

31935889003_b3d13265a3_b.jpg

12 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Sadly we lost our best camping boy Brady about a week ago.  He was just a month shy of his 15th birthday.  He got to go to Disney 11 times in his nearly 15 years, and I'll dearly miss our daily walks along the 300 loop canal.  I put up some photos and a tribute to him here if you'd like to see it (you don't need a FB account to view)...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10212545003887256.1073741837.1448196558&type=1&l=a333724457

I have so many photos of him at the Fort over the years, but here's one of the more recent ones from one of our canal walks. That look pretty much says it all. Our very first morning at the Fort every trip, I'd barely get through my first cup of coffee before he started "telling" me it was time to take our walk.  And it didn't matter what site we were in, he always knew the way.  :)

Dang it, Mo, I am so sorry!

Brady was a great dog. He and I shared a love for that grassy area next to the 300 loop canal. Remember the good times.

TCD

I am deeply saddened by the passing of Brady.  Thru our Facebook friendship I feel I have become close to him.  

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Dang it, Mo, I am so sorry!

Brady was a great dog. He and I shared a love for that grassy area next to the 300 loop canal. Remember the good times.

TCD

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Aww Monique....that's just awful.  I'm so sorry to hear that.  

1 hour ago, ftwildernessguy said:

I am deeply saddened by the passing of Brady.  Thru our Facebook friendship I feel I have become close to him.  

Thank you all.  We were so lucky to have had nearly 15 years with him and he taught us more than we ever could have imagined. Our trips to the Fort won't be the same without the big goober, but we're glad we were able to share so many great times with him.

4 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'm so sorry. That was a beautiful tribute in the Facebook link.

We got a new little guy right before Thanksgiving. His name is Winston and he has not been camping yet, but he's been on the motorhome a couple of times at our storage place.  He was afraid the first time but did better the 2nd.  Here's a pic of him in the snow we had in Jan. He's bigger now!  I think he is just over 4 months old (born Sep 28). He's started losing his fuzzy puppy coat and razor sharp puppy teeth, and he loves to chew on anything. Oh, also you can see in the pics he has a stripe above his nose where the fur grows in the opposite direction.

DSCF1528.jpg

DSCF1527.jpg

1 hour ago, CJHokie said:

We got a new little guy right before Thanksgiving. His name is Winston and he has not been camping yet, but he's been on the motorhome a couple of times at our storage place.  He was afraid the first time but did better the 2nd.  Here's a pic of him in the snow we had in Jan. He's bigger now!  I think he is just over 4 months old (born Sep 28). He's started losing his fuzzy puppy coat and razor sharp puppy teeth, and he loves to chew on anything. Oh, also you can see in the pics he has a stripe above his nose where the fur grows in the opposite direction.

DSCF1528.jpg

DSCF1527.jpg

He's adorable!

Congratulations.

He's going to have a blast camping with y'all.

TCD

15 hours ago, dvccamper said:

I'm so sorry. That was a beautiful tribute in the Facebook link.

14 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Mo, I am so sorry for your loss.

12 hours ago, sherryberry said:

Mo, I'm so sorry to hear about Brady. He was such a beauty and I bet he had the best doggie life anyone could hope for.

11 hours ago, bhall said:

Mo,

So sorry to hear about Brady.  I wish I knew the right thing to say to help, but I'm glad that you guys and him had a great bond for almost 15 years.

10 hours ago, Ivy said:

I am very sorry for you loss.

2 hours ago, CJHokie said:

So sorry, Mo. It is a very hard thing.

Thanks very much, everyone.

1 hour ago, CJHokie said:

DSCF1528.jpg

DSCF1527.jpg

Oh my, what a face - love the stripe!!  Having done the puppy thing... they make them cute for a reason (I've got the gray hairs to prove it LOL).  ;)

Wishing you all the very best with Winston (great name!)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Speaking of cuties, this is our little furry companion, Chap. He's a Pomeranian who loves to hang out in the living room. We raised him ever since he was a pup and has been a bundle of joy all throughout the years. He also likes to play outdoors, so as a precaution, we bought a wifi dog fence, just so he wouldn't stray far from our yard. He would cuddle up during the night and would even lick us in the morning. Overall, he's a really good dog.

3.jpg

On 11/16/2017 at 3:56 AM, FeltonWeller said:

Speaking of cuties, this is our little furry companion, Chap. He's a Pomeranian who loves to hang out in the living room. We raised him ever since he was a pup and has been a bundle of joy all throughout the years. He also likes to play outdoors, so as a precaution, we bought a wifi dog fence, just so he wouldn't stray far from our yard. He would cuddle up during the night and would even lick us in the morning. Overall, he's a really good dog.

3.jpg

Adorable!

• 2 months later...