• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was Zeus's (4 yr old schnoodle) favorite view of the Fort. He would sit on top of the couch, with his favorite stuffed squirrel under his chin, keeping watch from lot 1616.:)

This is my latest pup, Banzai, a Miniature Australian Shepard at 5 1/2 Months.  We got him in October.  

This is the TCD dog, Rocky. He is the third boxer we have owned, and the only one out of the three who enjoys swimming. I snapped this photo during a recent visit to Honeymoon Island State Park: TCD

Posted Images

This is our 7 year old, 10lb Silky Terrier Buddy. Silky Terriers are a cross between a Yorkie and Australian Terrier.

Lexi's bigger half cousin.

Doesn't like most other dogs which is a characteristic of the Silkys but likes people. He would stay out all day and hunt for FL lizards all day if we let him. 

Dis2.jpg

Here is a picture that not many have seen.  this is louise in fall of 2005-pregnant with her second and last litter.  duke and barkley are in this photograph.  i just don't know where. lol

if you look at the xray, you can see the skulls and the tiny spines, legs, etc.  i think it is pretty cool.

6.jpg

very cute pics...

Here is Louise and her pups.  yes, all 7 of her pups were in the basket and she moved them over to get in next to them.  she was/is such a good momma.

we had to bottle feed the pups cause she got sick.  she was put on medications that we didn't want the pups to get-so she had to wear a onesie.  the basket(s) were used to keep track of which pups were fed and which were done.

rr.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is Pepper Ann and Riley

PepperandRiley.jpg

Nada, her name came about because when I asked my husband his answer was "Not another damn animal" She was supposed to my last chihuahua

Nada1.jpg

That lasted six months and then Harley came along. He is Nada's half brother

100_6395-1.jpg

And then Dex came. His name is a little play on 10 he was our tenth chihuahua, but calling Dix just didn't sound right :rofl2:

100_6437.jpg

Sorry about the flash spots. I am not a very good photographer :rofl2:

My Maggie.  Such a sweet girl.  I adopted her from a shelter.  We think she's around 5 yrs old.  Shelter employees guessed she's a cross between a Rottweiler and a Sheperd.  Maybe.  I don't really care.  I just love that she has her tail!  lol  She is extremely timid.  She is afraid of everyone and everything, except me.  We have tried so many different things, but she is still, after 4 years, deathly afraid of my husband and most everyone else.  Very sad.  Like I said, she has a beautiful soul.  I just love her.

Maggie.jpg

love the pics.  5 chi's and they say i am crazy. lol 

kelly, i had a bichon i fostered, from the shelter here.  he was a good dog.  but, he would hide all the time and not want to look at you.  the other dogs helped to bring him out but, he just didn't want to be near you.  almost like he was torn between sittting by you or not.  especially when he saw the others by you.  when he did come by us-we just let him sit nearby.  didn't pet him unless he felt comfortable.  he was a good dog.  i found him a perfect home with a couple i work with.  the husband is deaf and now the dog knows some of the signs.  it made the dog have to give them eye contact or he wouldn't know when it was time to walk or potty.  it is pretty cool to hear them tell me his stories.

i love rescue stories. :rofl2:

here is toby..  i had a picture on this computer of him..

toby1.jpg