After a week of rain I was checking the TT yesterday and I found I have a roof leak and it looks like it has been leaking for some time. I guess this week I will have to get up there and find where it’s coming from and get some type of sealer. Can anyone help me with what I need to seal the leak and how to find it. I know water can come in anywhere on the roof and show up very far from where it coming in from.

I am a strong advocate of Eternabond. I have sealed the seams of my roof with it as a preventative measure and keep some on hand for roof repairs if necessary. Check the caulking around all the vents and end seams, seal anyplace where it even looks like it might be leaking - any little bubble or hole in the caulking. If you use eternabond, be sure to clean the surfaces well so it adheres. Once it sticks, it is on for good. It is a bit pricey, though.

Update: I sealed all my seams last week with Eternabond very easy to use I wish I would have done it years ago. If it had caulking on it is now Eternabonded. Yesterday we had over 2” of rain so I went over and check the TT not a leak to be found. Thank you every body for the info

• 3 months later...

I dont understand why the rv manufacturers dont use this stuff when the trailers are made.

Ordered my roll of Eternabond today, based on everybodies recommendation. Not sure I've ever been this excited to get a roll of tape. :)

Get yourself a wooden wallpaper seam roller from Lowes and use it to roll over the Eternabond after you put it down.

• 3 months later...

Some do...my KZ has it on the slides. I looked at a new Jayco a few weeks ago that had it from the factory.

The bad thing about the factory using it is they rarely prep the rubber before installing it and it doesnt stick. I cant count how many new trailers I had to replace the tape on the slides before we could even sell it.

Final word is even if the factory installed it keep an eye on it and make sure it stays down. It doesnt hurt to seal the edge with a thin bead of Dicor I always do.