H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

There’s no time like the present to start sharing the H in SC and KFK family vacay to the Fort 2011. I have nothing short of a gazillion photos to sort through but I’ve done enough to get this report underway. So here we go….

Day 0

I refer to our first day as Day 0 because to me it doesn’t count until I am parked in the Fort Wilderness overflow parking lot and walking into the outpost. H says it counts but I say no and I’m the one writing this .. SO THERE H!

H always makes me include a pic of our TT loaded and hitched but we didn’t take one so here is a photo before we hitched up:

100_8200.jpg

We didn’t take the time to have breakfast at home.. Lucky there’s one of these in our town…

IMG_20110626_081052.jpg

Well we're not really lucky it’s in our town. It’s not my fave but the coffee is good.

IMG_20110626_100607.jpg

Lil H decided this was a good time for a few ZZZZZZZzzzzz’s .

IMG_20110626_100709.jpg

Gabe’s taking it all in.

IMG_20110626_100738.jpg

Good ole H.

As is our tradition we like to stay the first night outside the Magical gate. It helps us manage the kids and we’re fresh and ready to go when we arrive at the Fort. Works for us.

Last year we stayed at Fort Summit KOA. This year we tried the Encore CG Lake Magic.

There was no lake that we saw…. Or magic. But it was only for overnight so it was alright.

When we arrived there was no one in the office. Literally no one. Only a sign directing you to another window. H went to the other window and there was another sign saying office was closed on Sunday. Ummm ... this was Sunday. We had no idea what to do so we did what anyone else would do… we just picked a site and set up. Even though the CG itself wasn’t much to speak of we did get to enjoy this beautiful sunset…

100_1636.jpg

100_1635.jpg

100_1634.jpg

100_1633.jpg

100_1632.jpg

100_1631.jpg

One of these photos shows me from the backside. It isn’t as exciting as the backside of water but you may as well get used to it. H took a lot of similar ones. Even after I told him to stop.

At some point I bought groceries at the Publix across the street, ate fried chicken from Publix then we let the boys play awhile to burn off as much little boy energy as possible and then went inside for a good nights rest. Tomorrow will be a very important day. We arrive at the Fort. :)

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

Yay, a KFK trip report. The sunset pictures a gorgeous. I like to stay outside the World the night before too. I go get groceries and whatever else I may have forgotten so that once I'm set up at the Fort I don't have to leave. Well until they kick me out anyway :rofl2:

Things are finally settling down here after our trip so I have time to read more trip reports. Yay!

We always visit McDonald's before we travel. It's a tradition. Yesterday when my friends and I took a quick road trip to Tulsa to go to the Oklahoma Aquarium I still had to get McDonald's breakfast. :)

Love the sunset pictures. So gorgeous. :)

TR is off to a great start! I too like the sunset photos a lot, looks like the boys were having fun running around before bed. Bring on some more! :suspense:

Great Start! I'm glad to see another TR going!

Thanks Rita. Glad you're in. :)

Yay, a KFK trip report. The sunset pictures a gorgeous. I like to stay outside the World the night before too. I go get groceries and whatever else I may have forgotten so that once I'm set up at the Fort I don't have to leave. Well until they kick me out anyway :rofl2:

We still make a mid trip run to the grocery store. Those RV fridges never hold enough for us. :rofl2: What a miserable thing... you know, when they leave that awful "GET OUT" envelope on your windshield. I hate that. ;)

Yay!!! :popcorn:

Hey Judy! Thanks for joining in.

Great staqrt, don't forgt to let H get a word in edgewise.

I'll try... but it ain't easy to get a word in with me around. He has as much chance as everyone else. Haha!

Yay! I'm in on a KFK report, and I made it in on the first page! :)

Looking forward to hearing about y'all making it to the Fort!

Wow! I'm impressed Leslie. Congrats on getting in so early. you're usually at least three pages behind. :rofl:

I've been waiting very patiently for this! Yay!!! A KFK & H trip report!!!

I almost got lazy and considered just posting a few pics and calling it a day but then I would have had regrets. I don't like regrets so this will be my best effort. I miss seeing you by the way. You know I love my vertically challenged fiend. :)

I've been waiting for the sequel!

I'm predicting another epic report, I can't wait for more.

That campground looked a little sketchy.

I hope I don't disappoint. There are tons of pics coming.

That campground WAS sketchy. In fact there was no security either. Just a number on a billboard sign you could call for an emergency. No thanks. I'll just stick with the number I already know. 911. or 357 .... whatever. LOL.

Things are finally settling down here after our trip so I have time to read more trip reports. Yay!

We always visit McDonald's before we travel. It's a tradition. Yesterday when my friends and I took a quick road trip to Tulsa to go to the Oklahoma Aquarium I still had to get McDonald's breakfast.

Love the sunset pictures. So gorgeous.

Haha. For someone who doesn't care for McD's I seem to eat it a lot. I must like it more than I'm willing to admit.

That sunset was much prettier in person.

Those are really pretty sunset photos.

Come on KFK we need more. :dance:

Thanks Steve. Glad you're here.

:popcorn:

Enjoying the report :banana:

Thanks Genia.

There is something about McDonalds pancakes that I love - I wont eat anything else at McDonalds - but I love the pancakes. Weird.

I totally get it Whip.

:popcorn: Great pics and report so far woo hoo

Hey Campingpixi!! I was soooo disappointed that we kept missing you at the Fort.

Great trip report, I'm looking forward to more. I have to confess to liking the McGriddle - do they still make it? Are you going to the fort the first week of Decemeber??? Just wondering if I might have a shot at getting site 912

Thanks PrincessNana. I actually like the McGriddle too.... and yes they do still have it on the menu. You're in luck! We will not be there in December. Good luck on scoring 912. We had it last year too. It's a great site.

Finally!! I've been waiting for KFK to get this report going. :suspense:

Hey Stef! The wait is over... sort of. We're headed to the beach in a few so it will be tomorrow night before I can post the next installment. But then its on! LOL.

impatient.gif We're waiting ...

Just a little longer...

:popcorn:

That popcorn looks delicious.

Woo Hoo!

Bring it on KFK!

And H!

It's been too long since I've enjoyed a KFK TR!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I love the sunset pics! I think it's a great idea to stay a night in an off-site campground. That makes your arrival at the Fort all the more special.

TCD

Thanks TCD. Hopefully I won't leave anything out. There are tons of great pics and tons of not so great pics but any pics of the Fort are ok right? I'm glad you liked the first one. Hopefully this one will go just as well.

Staying off site the first night does make arriving at the Fort more special. You can probably understand why from the photos of our offsite campground pics. :rofl2: Just kidding. The Fort is special no matter what. I love the Fort.

Ok, I'm and sitting at my computer waiting for an update :popcorn:

Doodle, you're always at your computer! :rofl2: Just kidding.

TR is off to a great start! I too like the sunset photos a lot, looks like the boys were having fun running around before bed. Bring on some more! :suspense:

Thanks! It really was a beautiful sunset. The boys had a great time running around. There were no other campers, trees or anything of the sort to get in their way. Hahahahaa

I have a question... How many quotation blocks are allowed per post? I had to split up my replies. :(

Postscript to my first installment. While packing up for our trip I went into the laundry room to... well.. to do laundry and noticed water on the floor. A lot of water. OH NO!! That could not be good. The water heater had a leak and had flooded half of the laundry room. I have to spend valuable prep time cleaning up the mess. Ugh!!! Between H working right up until go time and the kids driving me nuts and now this... I needed a vacation. H got everything turned off and it finally stopped leaking before we left. Since I am southern I chose to implement my Scarlet O'Hara approach to dealing with problems... I won't think about it now. I'll think about it tomorrow. Afterall, tomorrow is another day. ;)

We are about to leave for an overnight tent campout at the beach so it will be tomorrow before I get the next installment posted. Sorry but duty calls. :)