On 5/18/2016 at 4:33 PM, ependydad...Doug said:

FORT WILDERNESS IS INEXPENSIVE.

Yeah, I said it.

Checkout this insanity out in California:

attachment.php?attachmentid=108232&d=146

Summer rates, "Supersite", $300-479 ***a night***.

Holy Moly!! 

On 5/23/2016 at 9:25 AM, djsamuel said:

We're at the Fort this week taking my mother in law camping for a bit.  We've all seen people that leave their "scare lights" on at night.  While heading out to work from the camper this morning, I saw these people who take it to a whole new level (that's one of those big halogen shop lights):

NhnxHokh.jpg

I really dislike those and it's horrible when people leave them on all night.  I think it's very rude... especially if you have a tent camper close by :(

5 hours ago, ependydad...Doug said:

I like this guy's plan of getting his new rug home...

fbd8b1c7ae20b595d689ca288fe67ef9.jpg

Thru both windows and I couldn't see that it was secured in any way.

Haha... that's funny :)

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor guy was hoping to see some Stormtroopers in March of the First Order, but instead all he saw was the Moons of Endor.

Now that's what I call a solid Plan B!    I wonder if they got a love note from the Fort Rangers about being parked off the pavement?  LOL

Posted Images

On 5/16/2016 at 9:24 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

So, they finally opened the Town Center section of Disney Springs this weekend, and folks showed up in droves.

That's the Boat House restaurant over there- very classy and expensive place:

5%2015%2016%20114_zpsydeygkvk.jpg

Hey, what's that I see over there?:

5%2015%2016%20117_zps5tn77aua.jpg

What the Fort?:

boathouse%20zoom_zpsycf1pxrb.jpg

What's the saying?

If you've got it, flaunt it?

More power to you, brother.

TCD

Oww, oww, oww, my eyes are damaged for life!  

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2017 at 1:02 PM, wendinator said:

I took this picture on Friday at DHS for TCD. I know how much you like KOS (kids on shoulders) so wondered how you might feel about AOS...

H146ULE.jpg

The only thing that would make this better is if the guy she's sitting on was wearing a plaid vest.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
9 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

When we were down last week we were a bit confused by what site this tent really belonged to. If I remember right this was between 700 and 800. Picture was taken from the other side of the main drag from around 600.

3dfdae56a43c1b342a3509d462b0e586.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We saw that too!  They seemed to have taken a really generous view of what constituted their campsite! :lol:  Maybe it was a Premium premium site.

Until Disney starts enforcing reasonable site boundaries, people will continue pushing those boundaries. How long before someone rents a site in 700 and puts their tent in the field by Pioneer Hall? Heck, maybe I'll park my motorhome on the path to River Country so I can sip my coffee every morning with a nice view of Bay Lake.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

48 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Until Disney starts enforcing reasonable site boundaries, people will continue pushing those boundaries. How long before someone rents a site in 700 and puts their tent in the field by Pioneer Hall? Heck, maybe I'll park my motorhome on the path to River Country so I can sip my coffee every morning with a nice view of Bay Lake.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

Yep.  We are often amazed, at where some tents are placed.  Tents...RVs (more than one)...cars.  Some visits, it's a mess.

Ghetto.

11 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

When we were down last week we were a bit confused by what site this tent really belonged to. If I remember right this was between 700 and 800. Picture was taken from the other side of the main drag from around 600.

3dfdae56a43c1b342a3509d462b0e586.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, that's not the 700 loop, it's the 900 loop. That space is the space behind site 905, which is where that permanent Lazy Days 5th wheel is parked.  That's the sewer lift station to the left in your photo, and to the left of that, outside the area shown in the photo, is the 15 minute parking for the trading post.  This guy stole my idea. Ever since the idiots in charge cleared all the Wilderness out of Fort Wilderness, I've joked that I would like to show up some day and pitch a tent in some ambiguous area behind two campsites, so the campers in each site would assume the tent belonged to the site next door.  The beauty of this guy's plan is that the Lazy Days trailer sits empty on most weekdays, and a lot of weekends too.  When and if guests ever show up there, they wouldn't know if that tent was supposed to be there or not.

This guy is a Real Man of Genius!  He has taken freeloading to a new level.

TCD

10 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

LOL, that's not the 700 loop, it's the 900 loop. That space is the space behind site 905, which is where that permanent Lazy Days 5th wheel is parked.  That's the sewer lift station to the left in your photo, and to the left of that, outside the area shown in the photo, is the 15 minute parking for the trading post.  This guy stole my idea. Ever since the idiots in charge cleared all the Wilderness out of Fort Wilderness, I've joked that I would like to show up some day and pitch a tent in some ambiguous area behind two campsites, so the campers in each site would assume the tent belonged to the site next door.  The beauty of this guy's plan is that the Lazy Days trailer sits empty on most weekdays, and a lot of weekends too.  When and if guests ever show up there, they wouldn't know if that tent was supposed to be there or not.

This guy is a Real Man of Genius!  He has taken freeloading to a new level.

TCD

I really need to keep better track of where some of these pictures are from OR I need to visit the fort more so I can call them out. I am leaning towards option 2. We are trying to find a way to come down the 2nd or 3rd week in August after this last trip.

• 2 weeks later...