• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor guy was hoping to see some Stormtroopers in March of the First Order, but instead all he saw was the Moons of Endor.

Now that's what I call a solid Plan B!    I wonder if they got a love note from the Fort Rangers about being parked off the pavement?  LOL

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

The TCD gang popped over to the MK on July 3rd to watch the 4th of July fireworks.

We expected crowds and carefully chose our spot so that we wouldn't behind Ipad guy or a KOS (Kids on Shoulders) guy.  Or course, that is wishful thinking these days.

Right before the fireworks started, a KOS guy showed up out of nowhere.  And, then the guy right in front of us produced two phones which he used to simultaneously record the fireworks show. I've never seen that done before:

7%204%2017_zps9px4d1ui.jpg

TCD

59 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The TCD gang popped over to the MK on July 3rd to watch the 4th of July fireworks.

We expected crowds and carefully chose our spot so that we wouldn't behind Ipad guy or a KOS (Kids on Shoulders) guy.  Or course, that is wishful thinking these days.

Right before the fireworks started, a KOS guy showed up out of nowhere.  And, then the guy right in front of us produced two phones which he used to simultaneously record the fireworks show. I've never seen that done before:

7%204%2017_zps9px4d1ui.jpg

TCD

Maybe he was trying to video it for 3-D!!  :bell_winner-bf:

How did it look from the Fort or other resorts? Were any Fiends out there?

We watched it streaming on the 4th.  They did a decent job, they have steadily been improving with their broadcasts.

It didn't look like there were a lot of themed projections on the castle, just displays of other fireworks?  ( we were watching it on a laptop 10 feet away so it was hard to see small details)

I saw a picture taken from the Poly, looked impressive.

And what was odd that I found out after the fact, was one of the local Tampa TV stations streamed it, and it was an NBC affiliate.

Worst part was getting out on the 3rd, about a half hour after the fireworks.  They closed the side exits and had everybody heading out through Main Street.  They should have told the multiple tour groups from Uruguay that it is not a good idea to use the middle of Main Street as the gathering spot.  They totally blocked the street between the ice cream store and Casey's.  It was a mad house until we got past them.

33 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Worst part was getting out on the 3rd, about a half hour after the fireworks.  They closed the side exits and had everybody heading out through Main Street.  They should have told the multiple tour groups from Uruguay that it is not a good idea to use the middle of Main Street as the gathering spot.  They totally blocked the street between the ice cream store and Casey's.  It was a mad house until we got past them.

We initially headed into Tomorrowland, trying to get away from the Hub crowd.  But, they apparently were directing the crowd that way, as they had the auxiliary exit back by the Buzz exit open.  When I saw that, I headed that way.  That was a very easy way to get out.  I have no doubt that Main Street was impassible.

TCD

48 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

We initially headed into Tomorrowland, trying to get away from the Hub crowd.  But, they apparently were directing the crowd that way, as they had the auxiliary exit back by the Buzz exit open.  When I saw that, I headed that way.  That was a very easy way to get out.  I have no doubt that Main Street was impassible.

TCD

We were watching from the bridge to Tomorrowland and then headed into Tomorrowland where they were herding people out near Buzz.  But in my infinite wisdom, I decided to walk around a while longer and when we were ready to head out they closed that exit near Buzz.  We then watched the projection show and then went to head out near Plaza Restaurant.  I asked the cast member and he confirmed that everybody was heading out via Main Street.  It would have been fine but literally three or four tour group leaders were standing in the middle of Main Street holding flags that said "Uruguay".  They had all the teens with them standing across the entire width of Main Street not moving.  Everybody leaving the projection show had to squeeze onto the sidewalks.  Nobody was happy with them, including cast members trying to get them to move.  Once we got past them (around Starbucks) it was smooth sailing.

Well worth it though.  Here is the final 3 minutes:

Very nice! Thanks.  We were in Epcot and could see some of the high fireworks from the MK.

We love Epcot because that is where the WWIII barge is located now.  Love the BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMS  of it.  You can feel the sound all thru your body.  During the last booms the sky is full of little red and white explosions.  To me it looked like the area over the lake was filled with confetti.

9 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Very nice! Thanks.  We were in Epcot and could see some of the high fireworks from the MK.

We love Epcot because that is where the WWIII barge is located now.  Love the BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMS  of it.  You can feel the sound all thru your body.  During the last booms the sky is full of little red and white explosions.  To me it looked like the area over the lake was filled with confetti.

I love the ending of Illuminations on July 4th.  You're right, the sound is amazing.  We were planning on trying to see them on the 4th, but we had friends over and didn't make it.  Glad we got to the Magic Kingdom on the 3rd though.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:48 AM, djsamuel said:

I love the ending of Illuminations on July 4th.  You're right, the sound is amazing.  We were planning on trying to see them on the 4th, but we had friends over and didn't make it.  Glad we got to the Magic Kingdom on the 3rd though.

Being able to see the MK fireworks on the 3rd is a treat.

• 3 years later...
4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I was able to visit the Fort yesterday and noticed that they posted this new sign by the marina:

9BB48BCD_0C33_4E7E_AB03_51665FA66D25.jpe

I was going to report that they are now calling this area Clementine’s beach. 

But then I noticed something else. 

They misspelled Clementine!

WTF?

TCD

Lol!

55 minutes ago, kadancer said:

Does that mean the walls are still up on the actual Clementine beach?  We were really hoping to get the beach back.....

Yes the walls are up, and you can see from the marina that there is grass and weeds growing on the beach. I have photos of that which I will post on another thread. 

We are not getting our beach back. The stuff on the other side of the walls will soon be an overgrown mess like River Country was when they let it sit and rot for all those years. 

TCD

21 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I was able to visit the Fort yesterday and noticed that they posted this new sign by the marina:

9BB48BCD_0C33_4E7E_AB03_51665FA66D25.jpe

I was going to report that they are now calling this area Clementine’s beach. 

But then I noticed something else. 

They misspelled Clementine!

WTF?

TCD

Well, since they have tried to stop teaching cursive writing in school, why let a pesky thing like spelling get in the way as well?!

20 hours ago, Duane said:

Well, since they have tried to stop teaching cursive writing in school, why let a pesky thing like spelling get in the way as well?!

Spelling's been going by the wayside for a long time already.  Back when my kids were in school ( early 90's), the teachers gave spelling tests, but the grades didn't count.  They just corrected the spelling and moved on.  Their attitude was: " As long as we can ready the word phonetically, it's fine."