First trip this year with motor home and we discovered a leak behind the toilet. Glad we noticed it right away and have not HAD to use the facility, it only leaks when you flush...some sort of valve assembly.

anyone ever have to replace one of these before?? DH wants to tackle fixing it himself when we get back home. We do have a few weeks before we head on down the road for our BIG trip, so he will manage somehow.

Nancy

Fixing rv toilets isnt too hard, the big problem is they are usually wedged into some pretty tight locations.

We had the same problem first trip out this year. It was a bad "combination valve". It had a freeze plug type cap that split the nylon threads. Probably had a little bit of water in it that froze and expanded. I was able to find the part which was specific to my toilet at an RV supply store and had it fixed in about 30 minutes. Pretty easy to change but access was tight. Part was about $30 bucks if I remember.

Sounds like you are more fortunate, ours leaked as long as the water was turned on.

Didn't post earlier but the repair was done quickly by DH once we got the parts in. He also put in another piece in that we were having trouble keeping water in the bowl and now voila...everything works great!!! Now if the gas prices would just go down so we can fill er up for our trip to Florida!!

Nancy