We have a 2010 Newmar Canyon Star, still under warranty for another month. I have an appointment to take it into the dealer for diagnostic, but wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem.

The battery keeps running down and might be completely dead when I try to start, even the "booster" battery does not help. Just this week we left here in an evacuation from "Irene". It started fine here, but we stopped about 50 miles from home, cut off switch for about 30 minutes-then dead as a doornail !!! We called for a jump-start from AAA and off we went, got set up at CG for couple of days and started fine this morning. This has happened several times before and is a real pain in the a-- ! We don't want to buy new battery until the problem is diagnosed. Has anyone experienced anything similar ? Suggestions ?

:siren: :argh:

Sounds like you have a battery cell on its' way out. Best thing to do is unhook from the coach, charge to full charge with a charger, then load test it.

If that's not it, you've got some serious parisitic loads. I'd vote for the above though.

Am taking in in to the dealer this week since we are still under warranty. The booster battery not kicking in is also a mystery and the unit is not even a year old yet. Heard from a friend who had similar problem in a Lincoln Navigator and took forever to get to the problem. The dealer kept it 2 or 3 days for diagnostics and the problem was in the rear seat audio controls. There was a short in the wiring back that was continuously draining the battery. Just one of those crazy things. Am anxious to have it solved as I do not like the idea of being stranded.