Ok Grumpy AKA Cindy~~

Manatee Springs State Campground ~ Chiefland FL

We Stayed here on our way back from the Fort. It appeared to be a older campground as the site are not paved but dirt. The trees are plentiful which give you the feeling of being deep in the woods. The springs are pretty but I did not see any manates. The bathhouse is really out dated but clean.

Cannon343.jpg

Cannon346.jpg

Cannon345.jpg

Blanket ot Trees

Cannon352.jpg

Yucky Slimmy Spring

Cannon341.jpg

Love this park we've been 2x now. The deer come right up to the campers. My family watches the divers at the hole. When they come up they are covered in the green "slime stuff" we call them the creatures from the black lagoon.

You won't see manatees unless the temps drop below 40 degrees usually. They head out to the river until the water cools off too much, the springs are 68-72 year round so in the winter they congregate there.

This is one state park I haven't been to yet but am interested in camping there. How much trouble, ie..low limbs, narrow roads, sharp turns, etc... would it be to get a 35 ft. motorhome in to the campground?

Depends on the loop you are in. The first time we went we were in Magnolia 1 on a 1 way road (so glad we didn't meet anyone coming in or leaving- we were not going to backup with a toad behind us!) that was NOT a loop road. The 2nd time we camped we switched to Hickory as it's a loop road and MUCH wider with less trees overhead. Also closer to springs. If you want to see pics check out our website: www.curbcrusher.com. DH has put pics of a lot of sites on it (the ones we liked and would fit into-we have a 35 ft MH). Click on campground maps and the site #'s will come up. If you want pics of the trips check out our photo pages:

http://community.webshots.com/user/we3peas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/curbcrusher/sets/?&page=1

check pages 1 &6 on his.

Thanks for the info We3Peas. That's just what I was looking for. Experienced info. Can't beat that.

Looks like an early spring trip for me. :)

You are welcome. DH is s.l.o.w.l.y putting together a webpage with all the campground maps on it that we've been to over the last 6 years. Lots of them cannot be found on the web. If we take site pics then he adds those too.

On 1/6/2017 at 9:43 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Has anyone else stayed here?

Site #46 last weekend. Very nice place. Saw lots of manatee. 

Bd94cpY.jpg

1 hour ago, Roberta said:

Site #46 last weekend. Nice place, saw lots of manatee! Bathrooms are a big rough, but they clean them every morning, so just get in soon after that. LOL 

Bd94cpY.jpg