Anastasia State Park, St. Augustine, FL

That looks like a great site, Carol.

I have visited the park and campground before, but I haven't camped there yet.

I love St. Augustine.

There is so much to do there.

Thanks Carol! I've been wanting to go to St. Augustine, but haven't made it yet. Looks nice.

You really need to do something about that, S70.

It wouldn't be a bad drive at all for you, and there is so much to do there.

It's a really fun place.

Make sure to bring Nathen and Amanda- there is so much history there, and the young folks need to learn it!

TCD

You really need to do something about that, S70.

It wouldn't be a bad drive at all for you, and there is so much to do there.

It's a really fun place.

Make sure to bring Nathen and Amanda- there is so much history there, and the young folks need to learn it!

TCD

To be honest, that's why I haven't been there. I want to do all the history stuff, the beach thing, and especially the ghost tours. With that in mind, I would need longer than a weekend trip, and while I could possibly talk my family into the historical stuff, they said NO WAY to the ghost tours.

That may end up being a Girls Trip! (which means I will have to add nightlife into the itinerary)

To be honest, that's why I haven't been there. I want to do all the history stuff, the beach thing, and especially the ghost tours. With that in mind, I would need longer than a weekend trip, and while I could possibly talk my family into the historical stuff, they said NO WAY to the ghost tours.

That may end up being a Girls Trip! (which means I will have to add nightlife into the itinerary)

OK- I am going to have to talk to Trevor about this.

I don't believe in that ghost tour stuff, but I have taken my girls on the ghost tours there- they are really fun, and also educational- they tell you stuff about the Fort and the old homes and cemeteries, etc.

As far as the historical part of it goes, they don't beat you over the head with it. If you go to the Fort, and go up on the walls and see the canons and cannonball holes, etc, you can't help but want to know more about it.

TCD

I have friends that stay at the KOA (Kabins) in St. Augustine a lot. Anyone have any experience with that CG?

Yes New years 04 we left Orlando with 1 week to kill. Cheryl and I stay at that KOA. We were in our MH then and had to rent a scooter to get around what a great time

• 4 years later...

Whoa, I got a little confused on this thread. I started at the top and saw the first reply was from Stef....had me WAY confused. Then i looked at the dates :lol:

Great looking site, and also pretty cool to revive your old thread with new pictures.

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Sounds like a place we should avoid.  Thanks for the info, Carol!

The 100 loop is not as tight as the other loops and have sites for up to 40' units, also the sites are really longer than you would think, we had a short one rated for 25' and it was long enough for 40', would have been tight getting it in, roads were narrow there. Site 093 was the one we had, have reservations for this summer also. If there on a Saturday be sure to go to the farmer's market at the amphitheater right next door. We spent a week there and taking GKs this summer for a week. If you want to see the tourist traps, get a ticket for tour train, we had a 3 day ticket on red line and enjoyed the commentary about the history of the city.