So we go to clean the camper yesterday... we are leaving for FW in 18 days! As I am walking in the bunkroom (part of a slide) I see what looks to me like white mold in the corner. About 12 inches total on the carpet...along the perimeter. ARGH!!!!!! Showed DH and we will deal with it today. Any suggestions? I am thinking the worse... like the carpet will have to come out.

I did see Ed's chart, but, unfortunately, I don't think WD40 or duct tape will solve this problem.

Any suggestions?

Jean

After cleaning, find the leak that caused this mess. I would bet water has come in somewhere.

Also check the floor area and make sure it isn't soft.

Start on the roof looking for bad caulk, and work your way down.

Pay particular attention to the window seals and slide seals.

I wish you the best of luck. Water damage is a PITA.

Thanks guys for your input.

Well, we cleaned it up with just regular carpet cleaner and it all came up pretty good. We now have a little space heater blowing in that spot. But, I will take the advice of CCIntrigue and steam clean with white vinegar tomorrow. Since this is the kids' room, I want to make sure it all comes up. They often sleep on the floor in there.

DH thinks he found the source of the leak. We have had our slides out for a few weeks now, and it's been through a few rainstorms. Hard to explain, but the rubbery part along the side of the slide was sort of inverted (therefore water could get through). Although, he knew I wouldn't let up until he found the source, so he could have just made it up.

Now on to packing it up!!!

Jean