Hey, everyone. I'm Chris, Jen's quieter half (hard to get a word in, you know... lol). Anyway, I've been at this internet thing for a while, and I've seen splits in communities before. Let me make a suggestion to you:

It's really tempting to take shots at the place you used to hang out, especially now that they've kicked the majority of us out and generally made it clear that we're not welcome anymore. It hurts- after all, we spent quite a lot of time there, made friends, had fun, and all that.

But we're not part of that community anymore. All we can do is make the best community we can here. I really want us to do that.

So don't give in to the temptation to go over to the old place and poop on their parade. Let's be better than that. I know we are.

Thanks for being who you are- a great group of people I'm proud to be a part of.

Chris

I have NO desire to go back there and comment on anything.  I may register for that Prison Girl Talk site though.  That place has promise!

I'm HotPants4Ever over there. Colme on over, just don't blow my cover. They think I look like Dolly Parton.

No - I've seen Dolly before and she looks nothing like the picture in your avatar.

At least not the avatar you use here.

It was taken before the morning makeup was applied.

The only time I intend to go back is when Pete is back - I want to see his response to things.  I also want to send him a private message with my goodbye.  I do think part of him cares.  Other than that - I can't wait to tattoo my giant duck tape golf cart parade float with www.fortfiends.net.  I can see it now. 

I've gone there a few times - but - there really is nothing to see.

Now this place....THIS PLACE!!!  This is where all the really cool people hang out!!

2 THUMBS UP (we need more smilies LOL)

No intentions at all of going back... strongly resisting the urge to correct all the MISinformation already being posted. <sigh>

Which btw, I noted in my message to the admin addy.  Their response was ridiculous btw.

If anyone cares, I can post both, but otherwise I won't bore you with it.

I've gone there a few times - but - there really is nothing to see.

Now this place....THIS PLACE!!!  This is where all the really cool people hang out!!

2 THUMBS UP (we need more smilies LOL)

No intentions at all of going back... strongly resisting the urge to correct all the MISinformation already being posted. <sigh>

Which btw, I noted in my message to the admin addy.  Their response was ridiculous btw.

If anyone cares, I can post both, but otherwise I won't bore you with it.

It is rather boring over there.

I'm kinda curious as to what lame response they gave you.

The only time I intend to go back is when Pete is back - I want to see his response to things.  I also want to send him a private message with my goodbye.  I do think part of him cares.  Other than that - I can't wait to tattoo my giant duck tape golf cart parade float with www.fortfiends.net.  I can see it now.

omg, thank you thank you for thinking of that...

more signs to make la la la la la

I am going to be a busy woman this year....

Imagine....all the fiends in the parade with their carts and our wonderful website on the side....wow

After reading what Chris posted here I was thinking that bashing Disboards (can I phrase that here?) only shows envy, anger and jealousy which we all need to get over. The camping forum was pretty much all I really ever looked at and from what I hear it's pretty dead over there. We almost got everyone over here that we liked anyway.

One thing I would like to also point out is we are going to get people here that we don't always agree with and some are just gonna be goofy or whatever and I think we're just gonna have to put up with that and respect that not everyone thinks like most of us. I guess what I'm saying is let's be equal oppportunity snarks.

I agree with all of this, at some point we (hopefully soon) we are no longer the (previous board) banished, but a vibrant and fun group that loves sharing information about Fort Wilderness, and Disney in general, sharing our lives with each other, gathering together, camping, and having fun at Fort Wilderness (and any other place we can get together).

Carol

I will have a sign to put on what ever golf cart we bring with us. Since Rich doesn't let me have our own. I also am going to put a vinal sign on the motorhome. We want to get the word out.

There are still a few people on the Dis that I have had pm's from (but I can't get to them) that I would like to tell about this site. OKGRUMPY is one, she had sent me a pm the other day and I never did get to answer her back. Also Total Joker. If someone that can still do pm's, please pm them and let them know about this site. Thanks

Lorna

After reading what Chris posted here I was thinking that bashing Disboards (can I phrase that here?) only shows envy, anger and jealousy which we all need to get over. The camping forum was pretty much all I really ever looked at and from what I hear it's pretty dead over there. We almost got everyone over here that we liked anyway.

One thing I would like to also point out is we are going to get people here that we don't always agree with and some are just gonna be goofy or whatever and I think we're just gonna have to put up with that and respect that not everyone thinks like most of us. I guess what I'm saying is let's be equal oppportunity snarks.

But... but... but  Donnie..... I'm not angy, evious or jealous!  I'm having just as much fun here as i ever did there!  In fact, I'm having MORE fun b/c I don't have to worry about being thrown out just for bein' me.  :)

I feel more like a true Fiend here....  I got to be here for the beginning of something really great!  ;)  Thanks everyone!  *Gushy sentimental moment over now.*