Once you post a pic here by linking it from another site such as photobucket, flicker, etc, you CAN'T change or move the pic over there!!!!

The link breaks and you get just a message from the hosting site that the pic is no longer available!!!

So please consider that when posting pics. Get them organized, edited and and titled the way you want before linking them here!!!

We are getting more and more new visitors and members every day. I've been browsing lots of threads today and there are already several broken picture links!!!

Thanks Fiends!!! Let's not let the content go away!!

• 1 year later...

How do I make the pics a reasonable size when I post. The one I posted came out huge.

If you are using Photobucket, then click on the green upload buttion. Then you will see a link that says "customize your upload options" . Once you click on that, then there is a choice of the size that automatically uploads. I chose 800x600 as my default. that keeps the pictures smaller.

Then all your future pictures will upload that size.

• 1 month later...

I go to the photobucket site and find the picture I want to put into my post and I copy the HTML code and the I come back over to fort fiends and put that in the image box.

Now that I'm forced to use the new photobucket this and just won't work. It gives me the red X in a box instead of the picture.

Is there a different way to do it?

I go to the photobucket site and find the picture I want to put into my post and I copy the HTML code and the I come back over to fort fiends and put that in the image box.

Now that I'm forced to use the new photobucket this and just won't work. It gives me the red X in a box instead of the picture.

Is there a different way to do it?

Are you copying the html or the IMG line? I use the IMG line and it works fine. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to correct your typo, but the site is Imgur - http://imgur.com/

It's what I use too. :)

I use imgur, but found I can't post pictures on fortfiends using a mobile device because the fortfiends sites posting box doesn't have all the same options as a true computer.  On mobile it doesn't have the image icon to connect to your imgur pictures.

I use imgur, but found I can't post pictures on fortfiends using a mobile device because the fortfiends sites posting box doesn't have all the same options as a true computer. On mobile it doesn't have the image icon to connect to your imgur pictures.

I just cut the bbcode which then copies to my clipboard on my phone. Then I paste that right into the text reply box.

Like this

CzrGTp1.jpg

No need for the image icon

• 1 year later...

Anyone still using Photobucket?  I haven't in a long while. I was just about to start writing a trip report and my Malwarebytes software is going crazy blocking malicious content from their site.  Probably something they have for their ability to upload photos quickly?  Seems to be tied to their advertising though.

I moved the photos to Google photos but can't seem to load them into a thread here for a trip report.