Cruise Magnets and T-shirt Designs

After only one cruise, we have become big fans of decorating our door. Nothing over the top, but it is nice to have something to make your door stand out, especially in a long hall of similar doors after leaving one of the lounges. We also will have matching t-shirts for embarkation day for our first photos while coming aboard. I have seen some cool shirts in the parks and on the ship!

I am going to post what I have made, an I hope other folks will share theirs in this thread. I am happy to modify dates, etc. on any of my stuff for other people to use if they wish. A bunch of images are over on the regular t-shirt thread already.

normal_PirateNightCanada.png

normal_DCL-Tim_HortonsJuly15.png

normal_NBflagJuly15.png

normal_NSflagJuly15.png

normal_CaptainKiddMap3.jpg

normal_ElsinoreBottle%7E0.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, the flagship is the Cutty Snark.

The one thing I really liked when we went (wasn't a Disney cruise ) was printed out a decent sized map of the us and had star stickers for people to put a sticker where they were from, we then had a s

Did you see pics of my overdecorated doors? There is a thread under cruises here on ff.net and here is a pic of my door on Princess a couple of weeks ago. The one with the letters....I put them up a different day. they spell out our names. I tend to change magnets daily because I have too many. On Valentines I change it all to hearts, Mickey/Minnie kissing, etc.

DSCN1684.jpg

DSCN1693.jpg

DSCN1557.jpg

Over-decorated? nah, there are some pictures I have seen where the whole door and doorframe are covered. I think the guy had a suitcase filled with magnets.

The stick figure families are one of my favorite graphics--do you really have a family of 9? wowee!

We didn't have a lot for our first cruise, just a few sharing our celebration and we added a magnet to the door each day with a Disneyfied travel poster for the day's destination. Well, we tried to but the Captain kept changing the itinerary and stopping at places that weren't on the itinerary! LOL

I think you might recognize what I based these graphics off of ( I plan to make a t-shirt for one of our flights with it):

FRONT

normal_SWbaggagetag.gif

BACK

normal_SWbaggagetag-back.png

I L-U-V that tag:) Are you an employee or a dedicated passenger? I have about 50 magnets just for Southwest. Then about 50 for our kids & pets. I do 5-10 magnets for each planned port stop. Then at least another 30-ish for Fort Wilderness and 30-40 of other Disney/DVC. For Valentines Day it was 'sweetheart' themed, and then for the day after, the 'it's anything but love" "thanks for making all the single people feel like crap on valentines day" and rude-ish magnets. We also cruise in October and I have Halloween even though we go mid-month.

We have hubby & myself, 5 kids, and 2 daughters-in-law =9

plus 3 dogs, 1 dog angel, 6 cats, 1 turtle, = 11

and I have 2 new cats hanging around outside. we'll see if they stick around.

I am a nuts about SWA passenger. Just two dogs and three cats here.

Decorating a door for Halloween would be fun I think--I've thought about making it look like a crypt door from the Haunted Mansion or an escape pod hatch à la Alien Encounter's XS Tech.

We used magnetic paper last time, and it didn't stick as well as I had hoped, especially if it was curled up. We'll definitely go with the laminated paper with magnets stuck on back this time. Do you decorate at WDW (when you aren't at the Fort)?

I have only used magnets for Halloween, I like your idea MUCH better!

The magnetic paper used to work well and then they went and had all the doors coated so now not so much. I'm going to get some thicker magnetic sheets and glue my 'old' magnets to it so I don't have to reprint everything. I also have used the thicker stuff at Walmart that has the adhesive on it. Yes, I do doors at the resort too:)

Be sure to write on the back of your magnets something like "This magnet was permanently borrowed from Hans" Silver marker works best. It keeps some of the theivery down, but you'll still lose some.

Any more icons that are immediately associated with Canada?

I have one.

It's the one showing a Canadian driving 15 mph under the speed limit, switching lanes without a turn signal and stopping anywhere and everywhere to look at a map of what they think is WDW, but it's actually New Jersey and they can't understand it anyway because it's in English.

I would like one if you have it.

Lou, that was probably me you saw with the map!

RVers pretty much know where they're going, excluding those from the great state of Canada that is

The guys, and unfortunately some women, driving the Class As seem to think they're driving a big rig, so without even looking, they cut off a bus to get all the way over to the right in order to get in the bus/truck lane at the MK toll plaza. Then at the last minute they figure out that they're only driving an easy chair on wheels with a toilet and swerve over two lanes to get into the correct lane.

It happened yesterday. I memorized what the MH looked like and was planning to say hi to them at the Fort, but I forgot all about it when I stopped in for a Fiend finding mission.

I made this a while backand was going to use it for our embarkation shirts, but couldn't figure out how to execute it for a shirt. I was not sure how the white of the lanyard would work with an iron-on transfer. If someone else can figure it out, enjoy!

It's supposed to be like one of those tuxedo t-shirts.

FRONT

normal_rcmp-un-frnti.gif

BACK

normal_rcmp-uni.gif