• 2 weeks later...

More bragging rights for TCD.

First photo of the Casey Junior weather vane at the new Fantasyland Train Station:

Image2821.jpg

And here's a zoom to show some of the detail:

caseyjunior.jpg

Carolwood is what Walt called his back-yard train set.

TCD

Sorry, Andrew. But I've already posted this in my trip report!

I stand corrected. You're right. Mine was obscured by a tree. I took a photo of the vane but didn't post it. I was saving it for the "Where in the World" thread! All bragging rights here belong to you! But I claim rights on the first Fiend Fantasyland Expansion photos!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had to dig to find this thread, but there's a new weather vane at WDW.

This is on one of the buildings on the Ariel side of the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train mountain under construction at the Magic Kingdom.  The building is still behind the construction wall, but it looks like they may have this side done and open before the ride is finished.  This kind of solidifies my opinion that the buildings over here will be related to the Little Mermaid attraction. I'm thinking a big gift shop:

102013274_zpsa5a4016d.jpg

102013275_zpsd86a2db4.jpg

102013278_zpsa37159de.jpg

Also, this is probably a tribute from the Imagineers to the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction that used to occupy this space.  Well done.

TCD

• 3 months later...

News Flash!

The Disney Parks Blog reported today, February 11, that the clever Imagineers have included another nod to the old 20,000 Leagues attraction in New Fantasyland.

It's a squid weathervane!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/02/all-in-the-details-imagineers-include-a-second-nod-to-20000-leagues-in-new-fantasyland/

Uh, please disregard the photos posted above in post 41 on October 22.  I didn't mean to spoil the big announcement!

TCD