From the Disney Food blog...

Menu Changes: Epcot’s Le Cellier Steakhouse Lunch Menu

Mar 20th, 2012 by Kim.

Epcot’s Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada pavilion has changed up their lunch and dinner menus yet again. We’ve got the lunch menu for you here, but I’ve got a full review coming up for dinner very soon!

In fall of 2011, we reviewed the eats during the last menu change.

Let’s take a look at the most recent alterations! No worries — many fan favorites remain, like the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, Mushroom Filet, and Maple Creme Brulee!

IMG_1812-500x333.jpg

Le Cellier Dining Room

Menu Items No Longer Offered

Roasted Duck Meatballs

Crab and Spinach Gratin

Tomato Stack

Maple Glazed Salmon

Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken

Le Cellier Steak and Potato Skillet

Korean Barbecue Beef Skewer

Chicken Crepe

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Butter

Menu Items Now Offered

Duck Confit Crepe

Fried Rock Shrimp

Tomato Salad

Miso-glazed Salmon

Roasted Chicken “Cordon Blue”

BLT Salmon Sliders

Le Cellier House Burger

Grilled Pork Chop

Green Beans with Grape Tomatoes

Apps-500x362.jpg

Le Cellier Menu 2012 -- Apps (click for larger image)

Entrees-and-Desserts-499x433.jpg

Le Cellier 2012 Lunch Menu -- Entrees and Sides (click for larger image)

Menu Items Unchanged

Roasted Prince Edward Island Mussels

Spicy Chicken and Chipotle Sausage (this is no longer on the dinner menu, however)

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup

Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon

New York Strip Steak

Sauteed Potato Gnocchi

All sides except the Brussels Sprouts (Poutine is safe!)

Would love to hear your thoughts on the new menu items!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/20/menu-changes-epcots-le-cellier-steakhouse-lunch-menu/#more-51625

I'm with you TCD - I just can't see $100 lunch for 2 of us.

DH and I did dinner here for the first time this past year and it was really excellent! But with 2 appetizers, entrees, one dessert and drinks it cost us a little over $100 after our TiW discount. We thought it was worth it for a really nice dinner (although certainly not something we'd do all the time) but for lunch?? Especially when they've pared down the lunch menu significantly since they made dinner Signature dining...

no way

Gotta say dinner was pretty awesome. I'd go back tomorrow and order the steak tartar appetizer and beer sampler alone! And pretzel bread. Lots and lots of pretzel bread.... ;)

Funny thing is that I actually didn't get a steak here - I got the potato leek quiche instead, which was dynamite. But DH got a rib eye that was killer.

We'd been on the fence about le Cellier for years. Reviews I'd read were mixed, then they changed up the menus, and of course getting an ADR was all but impossible unless you tried 180 days out.

This year we figured What The Fort?

I'm very glad we did, and we quite possibly will go back for dinner this year if the budget allows.

It's time for me to pull out my soap box and talk about the good old days.

Back before the Disney Dining Plan took over and ruined WDW's restaurants, Le Cellier used to be a favorite lunch spot of the TCD gang. The kids could order off the kid's menu back then. And it wasn't the crappy chicken nuggets and mac and cheese that is on the kid's menu now. They actually had a kid sized steak on the menu.

On top of that, there were the unlimited breadsticks, including the pretzel ones.

The prices were normal- about what you would pay at Outback or Longhorn. And, the lunch prices were less than the dinner prices for some of the same items.

Plus, you could walk up and be seated without a reservation at lunch time.

The DDDP (Darned Disney Dining Plan) changed all of that.

TCD

I must really be cheap! My first thought would be:

$100 could extend me another night at the Fort and I could grill 4 huge steaks on my own grill, at my own convenience, and not have to get dressed to do it. (And I don't mean naked grilling, I mean not having to "foo-foo" up to be presentable at a restaurant)

Crazy!

I must really be cheap! My first thought would be:

$100 could extend me another night at the Fort and I could grill 4 huge steaks on my own grill, at my own convenience, and not have to get dressed to do it. (And I don't mean naked grilling, I mean not having to "foo-foo" up to be presentable at a restaurant)

Crazy!

We all know you save the "foo-foo" for "Lou-lou" :heart: :clint:

This is our favorite resturant, we have done both lunch & dinner. Since they raised the DDP plan to 2 credits I think they will price themselves out. We have used the dining plan only once yes it was nice but we ate alot more then usual and not sure if we would do it again.

I'm with TCD on this one. Before DDP took the enjoyment of dining out of disney dining we used to love to pop into LeCellier for lunch. Then came all this unwanted publicity about how good it was & how everyone should eat there. Free dining was invented, Prices went up, selection and serving sizes went down, and reservations became hard to get. :argh:

I've always been a fan of doing a late lunch seating and paying lower prices for an early dinner. I'm not a fan of paying dinner prices for lunch, especially at 11 am.

We all know you save the "foo-foo" for "Lou-lou" :heart: :clint:

I wish that were true Gary, but other than the night we went to dinner, Lou usually catches me VERY un-foo-fooed. :P

you all must take pleasure in knocking the dining plan!! I always use it because when I go on vacation I am not cooking and paying out of pocket for every meal..... that gets old really quick. I use it to give me peace of mind that when I get to the fort the only thing that is coming out of my pocket is whatever junk I want to buy and the tips. I am pretty sure the dining plan is not going anywhere any time soon and if it does they are only going to replace it with something else. I always expected the food at disney to be way too high and as all things do the prices of food go up as well. But to blame the dining plan for crappy food and high prices is just stupid. Disney is in the business of making money and that is what the dining plan is doing. I don't care if I may have to pay a little bit more to know that my food is already paid for so all I have to do is walk in, sit down, and pick what I want without worrying about what it costs and that would make going to le cellier for lunch not such a big deal!

off my soap box now!! Have a great day fiends!

I thought this was a CANADIAN restaurant??

How come they are serving Japanese Salmon, French crepes and Italian Gnocchi?

I would have thought the maple glaze Salmon more appropriate for this restaurant. I don't understand why they took it away. If I want miso, I'll go to Japan.