Baby/Young Toddler Pop-Up Sleeping Arrangements

Where does your baby/young toddler sleep in your pop-up or camper?

We had originally thought of using a pack n play, but there just isn't enough room. We could always co-sleep, but that won't make for very restful nights for me.

We have a king, a queen, and a dinette that folds to an approximate twin. We have another dinette/u-shaped couch that we could fold down if need be.

He's still crib age 8 months old yesterday), so I'm afraid of him falling out of bed or even being mobile while we're still asleep.

I have seen a zip-up kid cot (can't remember the brand) that's good for up to 3 years of age. The only thing is, it's $70. If that's our only good solution, I'll do it, but I was wondering if anyone had any other (cheaper) solutions.

We never camped with our kids when they were that small.

So, I don't have any first hand experience.

But, could you ditch the dinette cushions and table and maybe get a piece of plywood that fits over the dinette benches and put a pack and play on top of that? You loose your dinette, but you would have a set place for the pack and play.

ETA- Looks like Scot and I were posting at the same time, and basically saying the same thing. LOL!

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

We lower the dinette and use one of the bed rails that slip under the mattress/cushion. My granddaughter was 6 months old when we were at The Fort in December. She moves around alot when she sleeps and she did great. We don't have a pop up, but our MH is a 1983, so it isn't nearly as roomy as the new ones. We tried the pack and play on the dinette also, but this worked better for us.

• 3 years later...

We never camped with ours in a trailer when they were that young (always tent camped) but we would take a porta-crib with us. I suspect it would work where your dinette is if you lower the table and remove cushions. It was also nice to have when we were outside as we could also use it outside to keep them from running off while we made dinner and such other activities.

We use the smallr travel pack-n-play.  We always left it to the side & never had to much of a problem.  It was only a problem on rainy days where we stayed at the camper.  The other thing we have tried was one of these.  http://www.amazon.com/Dexbaby-Safe-Sleeper-Bedrail-17-5/dp/B00BFEY20O/ref=sr_1_6?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1435597121&sr=1-6&keywords=toddler+bed+rail