Excerpted from the Disney Food blog...

...As we’ve discussed, gourmet hot dogs have popped up all over property. And you’ll find them at Casey’s as well, like the Chicago-Style Dog, the Chili-Cheese Dog, and the Barbecue Slaw Dog (which is also available at Fairfax Fare.)

In addition, you can choose a plain hot dog meal and dress it up with some of Casey’s bountiful condiments. All of the m come with your choice of the meals come with your choice of fries or apple slices.

There are plenty of other delicious treats at Casey’s too, like the must-have walk-and-eat corn dog nuggets. These are guest favorites and offer a fun, bite-sized snack to share with the fam.

Caseys-Corner-Corn-Dog-Nuggets-500x333.jpg

Casey's Corner Corn Dog Nuggets

corn-dog-nuggets-inside-443x525.jpg

Corn Dog Nugget Cross Section

The Ball Park Nachos are minimal, but filling. They’re not winning any awards for flavor, but when you need some chili cheese chips in the Magic Kingdom, these might be your best bet! A bit messy, though, especially if all of the tables are taken and you have to eat on a bench like I had to!

Ball-Park-Nachos-500x333.jpg

Ball Park Nachos

And where else can you still score Cracker Jack? It doesn’t matter how long it’s been since you ate some, it still brings you back to your childhood!

...Since I had enjoyed the decadent mac and cheese and truffle oil hot dog very recently, I went minimalist this day and got the plain hot dog meal and fries, along with a soda-pop. (The truth is, the simple route really is my favorite option when it comes to Casey’s.) And of course, I had to have cheese and ketchup to complete the meal.

Because Casey’s is almost always busy, there’s a lot of turnover of the food. This means that fries are fresh, crisp, and hot; and the plump hot dogs are always at their best.

Hot-dog-and-fries-500x371.jpg

Hot Dog and Fries

It’s true that these are no longer all-beef (now they’re a chicken/beef mix), but they still taste great to me. I don’t eat hot dogs very much at home, so this is always a fun return to being a kid!

For more photo and info...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/04/08/review-caseys-corner/

• 4 years later...
7 minutes ago, wendinator said:

I recently heard about "throwing the first pitch" at Casey's Corner, which was news to me. So in case it's news to anyone else, here's a bit more info on the morning ritual at Casey's in case you want to check it out.

https://www.wdwhints.com/2013/11/throw-the-first-pitch-at-caseys-corner/

I never heard of this either.

The article is three years old.  It seems like I would have heard of CM's throwing guests free bags of cracker jacks if it happened on a daily basis.

TCD

Well, if it was posted 3 years ago, then all the crazies HAAAAD to get their little angel picked, and ruined the whole thing, so they probably stopped it.

The internet is messing up some of the unique little things the Cast did for guests. They were the special unadvertised bits that made the guest day so special.... A family enjoyed it, may have told a friend or two, and hey wow, Disney is a special place, but with the internet and instant posting of everything, every little special thing becomes a blog post, and you MUST do this and the uniqueness and spontaneity goes away :(

20 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Well, if it was posted 3 years ago, then all the crazies HAAAAD to get their little angel picked, and ruined the whole thing, so they probably stopped it.

The internet is messing up some of the unique little things the Cast did for guests. They were the special unadvertised bits that made the guest day so special.... A family enjoyed it, may have told a friend or two, and hey wow, Disney is a special place, but with the internet and instant posting of everything, every little special thing becomes a blog post, and you MUST do this and the uniqueness and spontaneity goes away :(

It goes for more than kids too.  When my wife was working in the parks, people would walk in and say, "It's my birthday, what do I get for free?"  My wife would pick up the phone and dial the birthday number and hand the phone to them for their character birthday greeting.  Like you say, people hear about little things cast would do, which very well may have been part of a guest recovery, and then "require" it.  It certainly isn't many people, but enough that it is noticed.

21 hours ago, wendinator said:

I found that link just with a Google search. The person I heard it from went for the opening pitch just this past week. In their report they made no reference to the Cracker Jack, but there apparently was still a kid and a pitch and the singing. I intend to try to see it when I go next year.

We were walking past the corner when it opened on out last trip (Thanksgiving weekend).  A CM did come out and start singing.  We didn't stop, so I don't know if there was a first pitch or not.

• 2 months later...

After a failed attempt in January I finally made it to Casey's for their "first pitch". There was some fantastic singing, and free Cracker Jack, but they didn't actually throw a ball. I'm not sure whether they just didn't do it because there was nobody around, or whether they don't do it at all anymore.

Here's the singing.

And here's the Cracker Jack we got.

plb1NbW.jpg

For anyone who cares to go, it was at 10 am.

Back when they were all beef Hot Dogs, I would look forward to a hot dog from Casey's every trip. This last trip, it was ok, but not the spectacular treat I had looked forward to in the past. DW and DD go straight to MK when we arrive and usually end up with a cup of Casey's corn dog nuggets, these days more for the tradition than the taste I imagine.