Does anyone know if they still offer a family or weekly water rental package? I remember years ago fort fiends (Auntie maybe?) talking about doing this. For one large $ you could use the sea racers and pontoon boats for that week. I called Recreation Reservations and they had not heard of this. I also called the marina at Fort Wilderness directly and the young gentleman didn't seem to know about it either...but he also didn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed, know what I'm sayin'? I'm guessing I'm out of luck, but wanted to see if any fiends had accomplished this in the past couple of years and who to call or ask. Thanks for any info!

Sonya-

It is good to see you posting here.

Does this mean a trip to the Fort is upcoming?

The weekly watercraft rental package has not been offered for a long, long time.

Those went out the window about the same time as the hourly rate for renting a golf cart and the discount for a week's rental. And the settler's rates for long-time stays at the Fort.

After all, why would a company want to do something crazy like reward their loyal customers? The geniuses who run the place didn't learn that in business school.

TCD

Hey TCD, good to see ya here. Are those girls of yours grown yet? :)

Thanks for the info, I'm not surprised it's not offered anymore.

We do have a few trips to the Fort planned this year! We're excited to get back down there. We'll be down as soon as school is out for some lazy days at the pool...then back down for Thanksgiving and the New Year.

My oldest (dd13 now) and I walked around near the marina and had dinner at Trails End last month. It was pretty cool to hear her talk about how much she had missed it. We spent a while on the porch, it was a good relaxing time. :)