We are looking at a 1994 Newmar Kountry Star 38' diesel pusher with 1 slide. Does anyone have any pros and cons of this unit? Thanks

we have a 94 monaco diesel and have had some big repairs over the years, but only because of age...just remember that the big diesels have big bills when you have to replace things...radiator 2300 aftercooler 2800 tires 2300 alternator 1200 starter swich selanoids 400 each

however, we LOVE our coach (no slides, widebody version) and if you can be diligent about the maintenance on them, they are a good buy

i ended up fixing some things that were not taken care of in a proper manner and now we don't have issues with them (aftercooler)

we use marine mechanics down here because a) they know more about how the weather affects things down here, B) they are more trustworthy and c) they do a BETTER job for less money and they do it right the first time

we are also fortunate to have a commercial tire dealership in the town north of here that works on all the 18 wheelers and big rv's

find the right people and stick with them, because if you can't, someone will take you to the cleaners and fast...we found this out the one time we broke down and good sam sent our rv to idiots

I'm lucky because my hubby does all of the work on ours. However, if we ever need to pay someone, I will keep the marine mechanics and the commercial dealerships in mind. The rv dealers can really rip you off.

It looks like the previous owner really took care of the motorhome and we went over it with a fine tooth comb, but you can't see through steel.

Will keep everyone posted and thanks for the advice