After waiting the required 14 days I picked up my multiple purchase permits today.  The date on my permits that I applied for on 2/6?  They were issued on 2/9!  So why did I have to wait 14 days?

We immediately drove to our gun store in Charlotte and picked up the guns I had on layaway.  I'm now the proud owner of a S&W 38 special revolver and a S&W 357 magnum talo edition revolver.  And three more purchase permits in hand.

As of today the CCP appointments are open for early July.  Ugh.  But plenty of time for me to visit the range several times and pass my CCP class/test.

Now I'm a pistol-packing grandma (better known as Gigi by my grandchildren).

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own guns and I enjoy shooting, always have. Every job I ever had involved carrying guns. I am Pro Gun. :) Paid for by the committee to elect H.

Something was mentioned about a range. Is it in the Orlando area and can anyone attend or is it a memebers only thing. While I am not political about my gun ownership, I do believe in being prepared

Love the shooting sports!! Just wish that ammo prices would come back down to earth... I have resorted to shooting mostly .22lr with my son. We both built custom 10/22's this past year. Tack driver

On 2/21/2017 at 8:51 PM, PGHFiend said:

Congratulations on clearing a hurdle. I am thankful it wasn't such an arduous process here in PA. 

Can't beat a 38, it will fire after much abuse and neglect. 

Thanks.  I can't believe it took so long.  And at least 7 more months until our CCPs arrive.  We are both making appointments to apply now, even though we haven't taken the class.

On 2/22/2017 at 2:55 AM, bhall said:

Congratulations on finally being able to possess what is your rightful property!

Thanks.  It's sad that rightful isn't always easy!

On 2/22/2017 at 8:28 AM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Congratulations Gwen. Do the purchase permits expire, just curious?

Derek, they are good for 5 years.  Once I get my CCP I won't need a purchase permit.  The CCP has to be renewed every 5 years.  I was just so angry over the long wait to get the purchase permit that I asked for 5.  

On 2/22/2017 at 8:45 AM, h2odivers...Ray said:

Congrats and nice choice

Thanks, Ray!

• 2 years later...
On 11/18/2012 at 10:28 AM, devores said:

For those interested in the outdoor range, it is called Tenoroc Shooting Sports & Training. They have a website that gives detailed directions, it is just outside of Lakeland/Polk City (exit 38 on I4).

15 minutes from my house in Polk City. I'll shoot with you some time. This is a pretty old post but I assume you're still doing it. I thought you were talking about Tenoroc.