• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When the real estate development bubble breaks in China, and its gonna be big, it may bring the Mouse to his knees.

I figured once the park was up and running they will find some reason to take over full ownership and keep all the technology and intellectual property Disney has there. Then they will copy everything while Disney spends a fortune suing them in the world court. You would think the greedy American companies would've learned by now with as many times as this has happened.

I figured once the park was up and running they will find some reason to take over full ownership and keep all the technology and intellectual property Disney has there.

With 60% ownership, the Chinese government pretty much own it.

If anyone would boot Disney out, it would be the Japanese. They own 100% of Tokyo Disneyland

I can't think of any technology Disney has that needs to be protected and isn't readily available elsewhere? It's an amusement park and the engineering that is being done to support it is all fun and games and can be duplicated by any good engineering firm.

If a country wanted to design and build a better amusement park, they could, if they really wanted to. But even if it's an exact copy, it's still not Disney.