• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - a cheetah on the move.  You don't see that every day!

Love the "not-so-visible/real" shots too.  ;)

We ran into this guy illegally fishing off the dock a couple of nights...

Actually there were three cheetahs on the move but this was the only pic that came out good.

It was taken on the last safari of the day around 5PM.

Here is the "cousin" to your illegal fishing guy. He was fishing off the rock next to the dock.

DSCN2597.jpg

The safari driver told us the rocks are heated/cooled depending on the weather to encourage the lions to stay outside.

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0611.jpg

Ok, gonna ask, what camera do you have, and  WHAT LENS?:laugh: I love photography, and those are some nice pics!!!

I thought the same thing, and looking back she is using a point & shoot! I had looked at that camera as a small one to carry and the only complaints I read are (BBB, please share your opinion)

1. flash placement is awkward, where you normally hold to shoot

2. camera has to be plugged in to charge battery

It takes nice pictures and price is good, probably be a gift for myself ;)

I thought the same thing, and looking back she is using a point & shoot! I had looked at that camera as a small one to carry and the only complaints I read are (BBB, please share your opinion)

1. flash placement is awkward, where you normally hold to shoot

2. camera has to be plugged in to charge battery

It takes nice pictures and price is good, probably be a gift for myself :rofl2:

Thanks for the nice compliments. I take hundreds and hundreds of pics...sometimes I get lucky and get a couple of good ones.

All my pics are hand held...don't own any tripod contraption. I had a larger Nikon P100...hated it...to complicated and bulky to lug around the parks and was terrible in dim light conditions. I did however, love the 26x optical zoom on the P100. The S8100 only has 10x optical zoom in all modes and then adds some digital zoom in Auto mode only. But it fits in my pocket or purse and that was a big consideration. Also, the image stabilization in the S8100 is really good. The lion photos were taken from the moving safari truck at AK on our visit Dec 2010.

To answer your questions....

1. I'm left-handed (OOPS!  yeah, I know, here come the snarky, wrong-handed, devil comments) and find most cameras awkward to use since they were developed for right-handed people. So adapting is "normal" for me. I do find sometimes the flash wants to pop-up and my finger is in the way. But I mostly use flash as "fill" light and try to use natural light as much as possible...just my preference.

2. You can get a stand alone charger for the battery which I leave plugged in all the time. Just pop out the battery and drop it into the charger. I carry two batteries but find that one usually holds me for the entire day...but if you use a lot of flash or movie recordings you will want that extra battery.

BradyBz12 takes some really nice photos too...wonder what they use?

B-B-B