I wanted to take a moment out and advise people to please make sure who you are doing business with and the terms of doing business with this entity. I had planned a long three weekend camping trip at Fort Wilderness and after reading the rave reviews about Tee Time decided to rent a cart from them. The other day the other family that was going to join us had to back out because their 17 year old son has to have surgery on a torn ligament the week of the planned camping trip. I emailed Tee Time 12 days in advance and asking them to advise me what the cancellation charge would be (I was expecting like 30% or so).

Much to my surprise it was the full amount. They charged my credit card that evening without letting me know. The other family reserved a cart at Disney and ended up paying nothing for cancellation. As a travel agent I expected some cancellation fee based on the wording of the cancellation policy but in fact Tee Time charges the full amount if cancelled wihtin 14 days of the reservation and 30% of cancelled prior to that 14 day period.

Moral of the story - know what you are agreeing to and sometimes what seems to be a good deal isn't. Tee Time isn't a good deal and I will never use them again nor will I recommend them to any of my clients.

Happy Camping!!!

Admin note: please make sure you pay attention to post 61 of this thread. Due to many complaints, I feel I must put this disclaimer in here because the OP has failed to do so. I will not be editing any of the original content of this thread.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just want to add that I had a Spaten Oktoberfest draft tonight at dinner and it was delicious.

I wanted to take a moment out and advise people to please make sure who you are doing business with and the terms of doing business with this entity. I had planned a long three weekend camping trip at

As much as I would like to edit the OP's post, I resist with all my might because of the fact that this is a community run forum. This means that we police ourselves here. Being that the OP was very

Did you not look at our information page on golf rentals? http://www.fortfiend...erness-and-r100

It says clearly under Kenny's cart information Cancellation: 30% cancellation fee within 2 weeks of scheduled delivery.

We do our homework before we rent anything. If perhaps you took the time to do so, you would not be so surprised that the company did exactly what it said it would do.

Did you not look at our information page on golf rentals? http://www.fortfiend...erness-and-r100

It says clearly under Kenny's cart information Cancellation: 30% cancellation fee within 2 weeks of scheduled delivery.

We do our homework before we rent anything. If perhaps you took the time to do so, you would not be so surprised that the company did exactly what it said it would do.

To me, that would mean that if you cancel within two weeks of the scheduled rental time, the fee would be 30%, not 100% as the OP said he was charged.

To me, that would mean that if you cancel within two weeks of the scheduled rental time, the fee would be 30%, not 100% as the OP said he was charged.

I agree FWG. Shawndb have you followed up with Tee Time (or had the email they replied with said that 100% would be charged)? I am wondering if it could be a mistake that 100% was charged instead of 30%. Sorry to hear about this but follow up information would be appreciated. If the policy has changed we should update the information.

I wanted to take a moment out and advise people to please make sure who you are doing business with and the terms of doing business with this entity. I had planned a long three weekend camping trip at Fort Wilderness and after reading the rave reviews about Tee Time decided to rent a cart from them. The other day the other family that was going to join us had to back out because their 17 year old son has to have surgery on a torn ligament the week of the planned camping trip. I emailed Tee Time 12 days in advance and asking them to advise me what the cancellation charge would be (I was expecting like 30% or so).

Much to my surprise it was the full amount. They charged my credit card that evening without letting me know. The other family reserved a cart at Disney and ended up paying nothing for cancellation. As a travel agent I expected some cancellation fee based on the wording of the cancellation policy but in fact Tee Time charges the full amount if cancelled wihtin 14 days of the reservation and 30% of cancelled prior to that 14 day period.

Moral of the story - know what you are agreeing to and sometimes what seems to be a good deal isn't. Tee Time isn't a good deal and I will never use them again nor will I recommend them to any of my clients.

Happy Camping!!!

Welcome to FF, Shawndb! We are glad you're here.

I am sorry this happened. I have done business with Tee Time and have had very good experiences each time, even having to swap out carts once. Excellent service, super nice people. I have to believe that if you called and discussed this with them in a reasonable manner, it could get resolved or at least a compromise could be reached.

I hope you will stick around to enjoy the forums here and let us know how this works out.

Guess I was reading it wrong, but I still feel there is not enough information to be bashing Kenny just yet. They joined this site just to post something bad about him leaves me thinking there is more to the story than is being told. Guess I am just hardhearted that way.

Happy Camping!!!

I quoted the original post in case it disappears or gets edited.

I agree with Annie.

I have to read a post from someone who joined the boards specifically to make a complaint about a specific business with a huge amount of skepticism.

If shawndb really is a travel agent, then I am sure he or she knows the procedures for disputing a credit card charge. If Tee Time's policy says that the cancellation charge is 30%, then they can't charge 100%.

There are several things in this story that don't make sense. Why did one family rent from Kenny but the other from Disney? Why did both families cancel? Why did shawndb's credit card get charged when it was one of the other families who cancelled? And what is a "three weekend camping trip?"

There have been other instances of business competitors of Tee Time coming along and posting false or incomplete information about Tee Time.

So, unless I hear a credible story that makes sense, I am not buying any of this.

TCD

... If the policy has changed we should update the information.

Agreed.

shawndb - sorry you had a bad experience and if you do have any follow up, please do let us know.

Lots of people have had excellent experiences with Kenny, but I don't think I've seen any reports of anyone having to make a cancellation and what that entailed before.

I've been looking on Kenny's site and don't see any information at all about his cancellation policy.

To err on the side of caution, I'm going to update the information on our GC page to "call for terms" for now.

Guess I was reading it wrong, but I still feel there is not enough information to be bashing Kenny just yet. They joined this site just to post something bad about him leaves me thinking there is more to the story than is being told. Guess I am just hardhearted that way.

It's not just you, something don't smell right here.

There have been other instances of business competitors of Tee Time coming along and posting false or incomplete information about Tee Time.

Very fair point and a thought that crossed my mind as well.

While I don't personally know of anyone that's had to cancel with Kenny, many people (us included) have sworn by him for many years now. And part of that has been Kenny going above and beyond in the service department, so it does make me skeptical as well.

I also know the GC rental business when it comes to the Fort is ridiculously competitive.

I would like to see where/what Kenny is publishing as his cancellation policy. I'll have to see if we have anything at home from last year's rental. There's nothing posted to his website, but I'd imagine it has to show up somewhere. The information we had on our GC page is probably a couple of years old, but was accurate at the time. Could be that things have changed, but you would think that somewhere in the process of booking the rental, the cancellation policy needs to be presented and agreed to by the person booking the rental - i.e., it's not just some anonymous policy out in the ether.

And this anonymous poster wins!

Why should you put any weight on this dubious story, Mo?

TCD

Only to protect Kenny. If his policy *has* changed (and that's certainly his prerogative) I don't want to cause him headaches by publishing information that isn't 100% accurate.

I had already stopped posting Tee Time rates at Kenny's request. He would rather have people call for this information (for lots of reasons, not the least of which is not wanting to draw attention to himself from the Mouse), so probably safer to do so for cancellation policies as well.

Don't worry - I'm still in the camp of the skeptical on this one.

I am not going to knock Tee Time or Shawndb. We don't know what the situation is. I checked Tee Time's website and could find nothing on cancellation policy. I think for Fort Fiends it is best to show cancellation policy as: Call for details.

Shawndb, Welcome to our board. Understand many here that are wary of new posters based on previous issues. Hopefully you will participate in the boards and we will get to know you (and you us).

I agree about the poster something smells fishy, why as a first poster you would bash someome who a lot here have ha nothong but great sevice from. I really dont think its fair, I dont even think the facts are making sense either

I am not going to knock Tee Time or Shawndb. We don't know what the situation is. I checked Tee Time's website and could find nothing on cancellation policy. I think for Fort Fiends it is best to show cancellation policy as: Call for details.

Shawndb, Welcome to our board. Understand many here that are wary of new posters based on previous issues. Hopefully you will participate in the boards and we will get to know you (and you us).

I agree with Jeff. I don't think it's fair to make assumptions about what other people are thinking or what their intentions may or may not be. And, there is never a reason to lash out at someone or be rude, is there?

That said, I do see what you all have and that this could indeed be ill will. But we don't know for sure. And if it was, that is on his or her conscience. I have had some problems with another business sponsor but am not about to blast them on here.

Maybe the OP did join just to bash Kenny. Maybe one of the lurker a from your old stomping grounds came over to get people riled up. Or maybe this person was genuinely trying to give helpful info by sharing their experience.

I will continue to do business with, and recommend Kenny to others, regardless.

I agree with Jeff. I don't think it's fair to make assumptions about what other people are thinking or what their intentions may or may not be. And, there is never a reason to lash out at someone or be rude, is there?

That said, I do see what you all have and that this could indeed be ill will. But we don't know for sure. And if it was, that is on his or her conscience. I have had some problems with another business sponsor but am not about to blast them on here.

Maybe the OP did join just to bash Kenny. Maybe one of the lurker a from your old stomping grounds came over to get people riled up. Or maybe this person was genuinely trying to give helpful info by sharing their experience.

I am not assuming or judging anyone but I think this is something that needs further investigation. Which is why I gave it a down arrow.

Are you suggesting that someone lashed out or was rude to the original poster?

Who? Where?

TCD

Who? Where?

TCD

All I am trying to say is that unless it is a known fact the original poster wrote what he or she did with the sole intent of trying to discredit one of the site sponsors, then anyone who joins should be treated with some kindness despite what anyone may suspect.

Yes, I thought some of the remarks were a bit harsh. I will not answer the who or where, as I do not wish to "go there" and start a whole new problem. That was not my intent - I was merely trying to neutralize the atmosphere for the potential new member. It is very easy to misinterpret the tone or intent of emails, blogs and forum posts sometimes.

Like I said, I see what everyone is saying, and certainly entertained the thoughts myself. And TJ's investigation of the timing doesn't look good either. But I am just not one to assume anything no matter how obvious it may look. There is still a possibility that the person's intentions were good - a very narrow one - but I just don't think it's very nice to make accusations to the contrary. I try to treat others as I would like to be treated.

This site has always promoted an "all are welcome" approach from what I have observed. I was welcomed by so many sweet people and have laughed with many of you so many times since joining. However, relative to how long many of you have known one another and/or been part of this online group or the old one, I am still very new and sometimes feel a little out of place, or don't understand things because I am new. I suppose I was also trying to see things from that perspective.

I hope the individual stays away if they came to try and cause trouble. But if in fact they joined up to be part of the community and offer information based on experience, some of the responses seem a little abrupt. That's all.

I am surprised this has carried on for as long as it has. Is this another one of those things I don't get because I have only been around since March? I have this odd sense that some of you know this person, or have seen it before and smell a rat, hard to explain it. Is it another straggling piece of spite coming from the former hangout?

All I am trying to say is that unless it is a known fact the original poster wrote what he or she did with the sole intent of trying to discredit one of the site sponsors, then anyone who joins should be treated with some kindness despite what anyone may suspect.

Yes, I thought some of the remarks were a bit harsh. I will not answer the who or where, as I do not wish to "go there" and start a whole new problem. That was not my intent - I was merely trying to neutralize the atmosphere for the potential new member. It is very easy to misinterpret the tone or intent of emails, blogs and forum posts sometimes.

Like I said, I see what everyone is saying, and certainly entertained the thoughts myself. And TJ's investigation of the timing doesn't look good either. But I am just not one to assume anything no matter how obvious it may look. There is still a possibility that the person's intentions were good - a very narrow one - but I just don't think it's very nice to make accusations to the contrary. I try to treat others as I would like to be treated.

This site has always promoted an "all are welcome" approach from what I have observed. I was welcomed by so many sweet people and have laughed many of you so many times since joining. However, relative to how long many of you have known one another and/or been part of this online group or the old one, I am still very new and sometimes feel a little out of place, or don't understand things because I am new. I suppose I was also trying to see things from that perspective.

I hope the individual stays away if they came to try and cause trouble. But if in fact they joined up to be part of the community and offer information based on experience, some of the responses seem a little abrupt. That's all.

I am surprised this has carried on for as long as it has. Is this another one of those things I don't get because I have only been around since March? I have this odd sense that some of you know this person, or have seen it before and smell a rat, hard to explain it. Is it another straggling piece of spite coming from the former hangout?

This is just my perspective.

I think it's more a question of tact and the facts. It is distasteful to sign on to a forum like this and just post negative comments or even an ad to sell something in your first and only post. The poster didn't ask for help just left that post. I didn't read other's comments to closely and went out to check his member stats. Upon that I decided to give it a down arrow which alerts Jen & Chris that something is up.

Not to mention the hornets nest that has been stirred up. Someone could have joined just to start a mess ...

I would like to ask all of us.... myself included. Let's please remember that it is often hard without seeing someone face or listening to the tone of their voice to misinterpret their intent.

edited to fix an error

So, unless I hear a credible story that makes sense, I am not buying any of this.

It's not just you, something don't smell right here.

I agree about the poster something smells fishy, why as a first poster you would bash someome who a lot here have ha nothong but great sevice from. I really dont think its fair, I dont even think the facts are making sense either

I agree!

This site has always promoted an "all are welcome" approach from what I have observed. I was welcomed by so many sweet people and have laughed many of you so many times since joining. However, relative to how long many of you have known one another and/or been part of this online group or the old one, I am still very new and sometimes feel a little out of place, or don't understand things because I am new. I suppose I was also trying to see things from that perspective.

OK, I get it.

As a newer member, you have a different perspective from some who were around when there were lots of people creating false screen names and posting just to stir up trouble.

I see a post like the original post differently from how you see it. I don't see it as some innocent new person trying to do everyone a favor. I see it as someone with a very clear agenda to smear a reputable business with a vague hit and run post.

I jumped in early to say BS (in as nice a way as I can). Posts like this have happened before. And the circumstances of this one are a lot like previous ones- a new poster joins, seems to know that Kenny has a good reputation here, and immediately smears Kenny's name and says, in so many words, that he is dishonest. The story doesn't make sense, so I say BS.

I believe in treating others the way I would like to be treated too. It's a good rule. That's why it's called the Golden Rule. Did the OP do that?

What was the OP's intent?

That seems pretty clear- to tell us, that "Tee Time isn't a good deal and I will never use them again nor will I recommend them to any of my clients."

I want to know when this allegedly happened and what efforts there were made to resolve the issue, and also, what the heck the OP is talking about- did he or she get charged for a three week rental even though he or she cancelled 12 days before? I don't believe that for a minute.

Of course, I doubt we will ever know, because I doubt we will ever hear from the OP again. The usual scenario is that we will now hear from some other new member recommending another golf cart company, or perhaps, another new member (who may have the same IP address as the first new member) confirming what the first new member said.

I call BS.

TCD

Who? Where?

TCD

I don't think we were necessarily FrIENDLY (and maybe rightfully so). It could just be a pot stirring troll (oh wait that is me) or even worse another business trying to harm another (we have seen it) or it could be someone who had a legitimate issue and was trying to warn others. I know that many here have used Kenny in the past and had great experiences. I think one thing that I have learned from this and an issue I saw at the other board is make sure you know what the policies are (deposit/cancellation/damage/etc.) You should have it in writing because it protects both parties. Maybe the OP will come back and post some more and in other areas or maybe they won't, but to be honest this is still a mostly anonymous message board (or some may view it as that). At the same time this board is more than that to a lot of people. These are FrIENDS and aquaintances that we get togther with and enjoy being around.