First, it was not my intent to cause such a stir and frankly I could have just read the posts and leave them at that. However, I feel that I need to set the record straight and then I will leave this forum and this site for good as I don't need to be ganged up and bashed.

Second, I want to issue an apology to Tee Time. At this point the issue has been rectified. From my prospective I sent an email to cancel my reservation and that same evening they charged my credit card. It appeared they went a head and charged my card (10 days prior to camping trip to start) in full in response to my cancellation.

Third, yes I did read read the post on this site. And yes I expected a cancellation penalty of 30%. I'm not child and I am not stupid!

Now, I realize that not all of the posts were lashing out at me and my post. Some were understanding. Others offered advice. But at the same time others questioned my motives and insulting. I see that too much in this world to come to a forum where its purpose is to promote free exchange of ideas only to be lashed out at.

Thank you, and again, my apologies to Tee Time.

You freely submitted your ideas about a service and several people freely disagreed with you and went out of their way to call the man to make sure you were saying the truth. I don't see this as bashing at all. I see it as researching your claim and then proving the claim false. Why is this considered bashing? Because people don't agree with you and are trying to see if someone has slipped in their business practices? Usually when people come onto a forum for the first time and start with a negative campaign of any sort, they are removed or censored. (Not here, other places)

In my humble opinion, you stirred up a hornet's nest and got stung, and that didn't feel very warm and fuzzy. There was a much better way of handling your situation, on and off the Internet. Hopefully you will use it as a learning experience instead of a crying session.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just want to add that I had a Spaten Oktoberfest draft tonight at dinner and it was delicious.

I wanted to take a moment out and advise people to please make sure who you are doing business with and the terms of doing business with this entity. I had planned a long three weekend camping trip at

As much as I would like to edit the OP's post, I resist with all my might because of the fact that this is a community run forum. This means that we police ourselves here. Being that the OP was very

FYI....i just spoke to Kenny who I have absolutelyno reason to doubt because he has been excellent with me at every turn.

The poster was refunded 100% even though they waited to cancel right before the cart wasto be delivered.

Maybe the poster forgot to cancel earlier? Doesnt matter they either got a full refund or the credit card company is processing the card refund/credit. What more could you want?

If it was my company, there would definitely be some sort of cancellation fee if you wait to cancel when I am prepared to deliver the cart.

Anyway, i think it is safe to close the book on this hogwash and Kenny will remain my go to guy for cart rentals! I have one reserved for February and will continue to use his service.

OK....I'm the relatively newbie that got my butt handed to me on a platter because all the Dick Tracy's out there on this "public" forum "felt" like my 1st post was a scam also. It was not !! In fact, my EZ GO cart is still for sale ! The format of the "introduction" post is well hidden in a general topic title. I needed the link to find it! Thank you again Katman. I see others struggle with this also. And many get scolded for not introducing themselves 1st, as I received a lashing!

Wonder what scam "feels" like..... ??? If you get that "scam" on you shoes, can you get it off? Or is it simply the feeling of various magnitudes of hypocritical pixie dust?

Here's what I will add to this gossip, that, by the way, eventually ruins good forum boards. Nobody was on the alledged original phone call except the OP, and presumably Kenny. Therefore no body knows what was said or agreed to between them. If you don't believe the OP, then dis-regard his information. NO ONE can ever, under any circumstances (unless the call was recorded) verify, nor deny what was said....

But now let's flip the coin for one second, only if you can imagine....... The lack of professionalism for Kenny to discuss a charge to ones' personal credit card, and the fact of refund information given to a third person that was not party to the original transaction is not only poor business practice, it is in viloation of the credit card merchants agreement contract, and against the law under the federal privacy act II. He not only did this with one "Dick Tracy" on this board that felt so compelled to prove a theory, he has done it with 2 different folks that we now know of. And the funny thing is, they both admit they called Kenny and asked this information openly and without shame. What do you figure is being said and done behind YOUR back?? Just ponder that thought for a moment if you will !! I would suggest any prudent person would see all the possibilties.......

NOW....If anyone needs a cart and does not want to risk a cancellation charge, or not.......mine is still for sale !!!! LOL

Have I worn out my welcome yet ???

I am going to guess as his customers, they told him the story they had been toldand asked if it was true. Kenny most likely said it had been refunded. Kenny may have also said he charges cards in advance. I don't see anything confidential discussed.

The lack of professionalism for Kenny to discuss a charge to ones' personal credit card, and the fact of refund information given to a third person that was not party to the original transaction is not only poor business practice, it is in viloation of the credit card merchants agreement contract, and against the law under the federal privacy act II.

I'll chime in on this particular point as my DH is one of the people that talked to Kenny after I let him know what was going on.

He contacted Kenny ONLY to give him a heads up that someone was talking smack about him in a venue he is completely unaware of and that could directly hurt his business.

He didn't ask Kenny for any details at all.

What Kenny actually "disclosed"... he said he didn't receive the cancellation that the OP reportedly made (he'd *just* spoken to someone in the family and been made aware of the situation). We've since learned from the OP that the cancellation was an email sent, not a conversation, and apparently one that no one on Kenny's end received.

Kenny then said that his POLICY is to charge a customer's card for the total on the reservation date, so since he was unaware of a cancellation, that's what would have happened.

And finally he said he was actively working on sorting out the situation THAT DAY - again, something the OP has since confirmed.

He also said that he was surprised someone had posted about this BEFORE ever actually talking to him - again confirmed by the OP.

So in the "he said, he said" argument, I don't see where Kenny actually said anything out of school at all. On the flip side, the OP eventually confirmed that HE assumed an awful lot about the transaction that took place, and incorrectly as it turns out. In his case that assumption and post could have had a direct and very detrimental effect on someone's livelihood.

NOW....If anyone needs a cart and does not want to risk a cancellation charge, or not.......mine is still for sale !!!! LOL

Nope! Afraid it'll take a whole lot more than that.

Now if you start talking smack about bacon or beer you may have a problem on your hands. 8)

My guess is the OP got what they wanted. They came in, stirred the pot, got Kenny's friends to call him and get his attention. It was all a power move to expedite the OP's wishes. After seeing how they do business. I wish them farewell and glad they are not my travel agent!

B.B. sorry you had a "trial by fire" welcome to the board. You will see the more time you spend on here, the more we look out for each other and the board. This board is only 18 months old and was created for us Fiends to stay together for the love of the Fort, Friendship, and Family. We like to have anyone with a love of the Fort to join us. And yes it may be a little ruff for the new person to jump right in without lurking a little to see how the forum flows.

But I don't think anyone that comes here looking for information on the Fort would ever complain about being handled wrongly.

OK....I'm the relatively newbie that got my butt handed to me on a platter because all the Dick Tracy's out there on this "public" forum "felt" like my 1st post was a scam also. It was not !! In fact, my EZ GO cart is still for sale ! The format of the "introduction" post is well hidden in a general topic title. I needed the link to find it! Thank you again Katman. I see others struggle with this also. And many get scolded for not introducing themselves 1st, as I received a lashing!

Wonder what scam "feels" like..... ??? If you get that "scam" on you shoes, can you get it off? Or is it simply the feeling of various magnitudes of hypocritical pixie dust?

Here's what I will add to this gossip, that, by the way, eventually ruins good forum boards. Nobody was on the alledged original phone call except the OP, and presumably Kenny. Therefore no body knows what was said or agreed to between them. If you don't believe the OP, then dis-regard his information. NO ONE can ever, under any circumstances (unless the call was recorded) verify, nor deny what was said....

But now let's flip the coin for one second, only if you can imagine....... The lack of professionalism for Kenny to discuss a charge to ones' personal credit card, and the fact of refund information given to a third person that was not party to the original transaction is not only poor business practice, it is in viloation of the credit card merchants agreement contract, and against the law under the federal privacy act II. He not only did this with one "Dick Tracy" on this board that felt so compelled to prove a theory, he has done it with 2 different folks that we now know of. And the funny thing is, they both admit they called Kenny and asked this information openly and without shame. What do you figure is being said and done behind YOUR back?? Just ponder that thought for a moment if you will !! I would suggest any prudent person would see all the possibilties.......

Swing and a miss.

Man, I hope I make it thru initiation !! Anyway, I have too many carts....no need to worry about renting one! I'm out.........

You think this is bad wait till you wonder into chat!! :rofl2:

We are glad you're and sorry once we have you there is no getting out!!

Hey ma can I borrow the miata?

YOU??? :rofl2: :rofl3: :rofl2:

OTOH I'd have a lot more fort $$ if we sold this green cart before instead of after Halloween... BB can I borrow the cart?? :dogsnicker:

You got your butt handed to you because you chose to use this forum as your advertising service, free of charge without first joining the community. You got several people get on your case , but you then had the audacity to come back as a little child as claim "what did I do wrong?" Since I deal with this sort of thing with actual children every day, please let me give you some information.

The please introduce yourself thread is not well hidden. In fact, it is pinned at the top of the community section (where the members who join can see). You chose to come on this board and post not only a for sale sign, but broadcast your phone number and email address all over our board. I chose for you not to do so. "I have the stroke of the mouse" as you so ineptly put it. Anyone who comes on a forum as a new member should know not to put personal information out there for all the internet to see. You put yourself in a very dangerous position. First of all, you posted that you were actually at the Fort, who you met, and then went and posted your phone number and email. You don't know the people on this board from Adam's house cat, but wholeheartedly trust people you have never seen or met to have your cell phone number? Are we serious here?

The only scam here I see is that we have someone, in addition to the OP, who likes to stir up trouble.

It's not that it's a rule that you have to post in the intro thread first before you post that you're selling something.

It's that you should post -anywhere-, about -anything- besides what you're selling and what your phone number is, before pulling something like that. You should, in short, be a member of the community first. People should have some idea of who you are before you go posting ads. And just joining the board doesn't quite do that.

WWLD?

Old Lar would curse you for driving a cart in the first place and not riding a bike ,after all, if you were driving the cart, you had to be using some kind of electricity that was for someone else and you would not want to do that would you, I mean really, not going and riding your bike around the fort and riding in a golf cart, but Lar would also commend BB for selling his cart because then he could go and ride bikes and save the tree bark so all trees could grow and his dogs who bark all night long and piss off FWGuy could pee on them and strengthen them for all eternity.

How did you like my Lar sentence? :rofl2:

Old Lar would curse you for driving a cart in the first place and not riding a bike ,after all, if you were driving the cart, you had to be using some kind of electricity that was for someone else and you would not want to do that would you, I mean really, not going and riding your bike around the fort and riding in a golf cart, but Lar would also commend BB for selling his cart because then he could go and ride bikes and save the tree bark so all trees could grow and his dogs who bark all night long and piss off FWGuy could pee on them and strengthen them for all eternity. IHMO.

How did you like my Lar sentence? :rofl2:

I corrected it for you.

And you are now on my ignore list.

This "Dick" only felt "compelled" to get the other side of the story, not prove a theory. See i prefer to have both sides of a story. Call me nuts.

Also, i am not "friends" with Kenny. Just dont like to see companies that provide good customer service run down when there are so few out there these days.

That is all. Stay and play or be a troll.....whatever your pleasure.