• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We now have an entire page dedicated to all things Golf Cart Rentals - on site and off - that is being maintained regularly with current info. CHECK IT OUT HERE We also have many more pages of informa

Internet access at the Fort became free last spring as part of the WiFi project at WDW. Unfortunately widespread WiFi still isn't available at the campsites at the Fort. More info here... http://www.f

In addition to the Meadow Snack Bar and Trail's End, consider taking a bus ride over to Wilderness Lodge.  It's quick and easy- especially if you're on the Yellow bus route, as the Yellow bus will bec

• 4 months later...

Hi all newbie here. ;D 

Question:  Can we hang a line for drying towels?  We tent camped at The Fort back in '06 and just hung a clothesline in the gazebo type shelter we brought.

This time we will be in a travel trailer in a premium loop.  Just want to check and see what the "norm" is for this nowadays. Thanks in advance !

PS this site is AWESOME!!! :banana: 

• 3 months later...

Anyone know how to search the forums? Trying to figure out the most popular times to camp at FW ( that aren't July, August, Christmas or maybe early Sept. ).

There's a search button right up at the top right of this page (in the full version, not the mobile version).

As far as popular times at the Fort, you can tell those from the very complicated pricing structure they follow.

The higher the rate, the more demand for a campsite:

2015%20rack%20rates_zps75vix9cl.jpg

Source: http://www.mousesavers.com/2015-ft-wilderness-campsites-rates-season-dates/#rates

TCD

• 11 months later...

What quick service options are there at the Fort? I seem to remember getting pizzas for 2 QS credits each back in 2012. We're doing the DDP again,  and plan on a FW day for our first day, maybe with a trip into DS for shopping, souvenirs. No ADRs  for the first day, planning to play it by ear.

2 hours ago, 2beagle said:

What quick service options are there at the Fort? I seem to remember getting pizzas for 2 QS credits each back in 2012. We're doing the DDP again,  and plan on a FW day for our first day, maybe with a trip into DS for shopping, souvenirs. No ADRs  for the first day, planning to play it by ear.

There are sandwiches at the pool after 11:00 as well as  other items at Trails End. 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 2:02 PM, 2beagle said:

In addition to the Meadow Snack Bar and Trail's End, consider taking a bus ride over to Wilderness Lodge.  It's quick and easy- especially if you're on the Yellow bus route, as the Yellow bus will become the Wilderness Lodge bus when you reach the Settlement bus stop, and you will not need to change buses there.

There is a nice quick serve location at the Lodge, and two full service restaurants to choose from.

Or, take the resort boat from the Fort Wilderness marina over to the Contemporary Resort.  Also quick and easy.  The quick serve location at the Contemporary is right next to Chef Mickey's and provides the same cool monorail views.  If you are feeling extra adventurous, you can catch the resort monorail there and head to either the Polynesian or Grand Floridian.

One more idea for a dinner adventure- there is a MK bus from the Settlement bus stop from around 4 to 11 pm nightly.  Take that bus to the MK bus stop, and you can hop a bus there to any resort for dinner.

TCD

• 8 months later...
On 2/11/2011 at 10:01 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

The fax# is:407-824-3508

Date

TO: Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground Site Assigner

Address

SUBJECT: Site Request for Month xx - xx

RE: Reservation # xxxxxxxx

I am really looking forward to my stay at the Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground and am writing about campsite requests. I do understand that these are only requests and cannot be guaranteed.

If possible, I would like a site in Loop xxxx with a site that will accomodate the following: (list your "stuff" here) and near (whatever you want to be near).

Thanks so much for your help, and once again I?m really looking forward to my visit to Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by email at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Your name here

this is awesome! how early to arrival can we fax this in?

• 2 weeks later...

Most awesome check in experience. Faxed our request 5 days in advance. Upon arrival, was greeted with which site do you prefer in your chosen loop or others that are available. Asked about specificsite, no they at boked until later. Used the FF app to determine best site and were given options. Picked a site, and were told " if it doesn't workout here is the front desk number to request another site" . Love our site! Wow! what a different experience than. Ack in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, TN22.....Brady said:

Most awesome check in experience. Faxed our request 5 days in advance. Upon arrival, was greeted with which site do you prefer in your chosen loop or others that are available. Asked about specificsite, no they at boked until later. Used the FF app to determine best site and were given options. Picked a site, and were told " if it doesn't workout here is the front desk number to request another site" . Love our site! Wow! what a different experience than. Ack in the fall.

Glad it went better this time, sure makes the start of the "experience" better when it goes like that!

18 hours ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

Glad it went better this time, sure makes the start of the "experience" better when it goes like that!

Agreed!!

On 3/29/2017 at 3:31 PM, TN22.....Brady said:

Awesome... have a great time!!

• 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, MommaJeet said:

How long can you stay in Ft Wilderness?  My husband has always wanted to work for Disney and that may be coming to fruition, but would like to know if we can stay in Ft Wilderness in our fifth wheel.

You can stay for as long as you can afford. But there are limitations. You would need to book reservations and they can only be booked for a total of 30 days at a time. You dont have to leave but that is the limit on a length of a reservation. You can sting together as many of those as you are able to get to stay as long as you choose. Every thirty days you would have to check out and back in. Most of the time if set up properly in Disney's system  you shouldnt have to actually break down site and move. 

2 hours ago, MommaJeet said:

So do they offer discounts for employees?

There are Cast Member discounts listed in the portal, but from what I've heard from other cast they are pretty much limited to low reservation times to fill spots. So to stay there long term, you need to make 30 day reservations way in advance, link them together, and then keep looking through the portal to see if you can get some discounts for some of those days, and then work your existing reservations around for the times you can find cast discounts.